over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

A quick/fun chest challenge workout

taz

Registered
So earlier tonight we threw together a quick chest challenge for some of our athletes in the gym. I did it after closing and it was pretty rough. Hard, fun, and very very muscle pumping. If you are a super hardcore heavy lifter then you might not enjoy this sort of workout. But if you are looking for something different, something slightly off the wall, then you might enjoy this.

So we take 3 exercises. For our guys we used bench press, flat dumbell flyes, and push ups with a pair of 25lb db's turned on their head (so you have to balance your body and your hands on the end of the bell but also so you have a much deeper stretch at the bottom of the movement).

After a decent warm up you will want to get a weight you can do NO MORE THEN 15 reps in a row with for bench. On the db flyes, choose a similar weight that you can get only about 15 reps in a row with. Push ups are non-weighted.

Ok, so the routine is bench-flye-push up.
The rules:
- whatever reps you do on the bench, you have to match on the flyes and on the push ups ex.- you do 15 reps on bench, then you have to do 15 flyes and 15 push ups
-all reps have to be complete and CLEAN (that means no bouncing the bar and no 8 inch popping reps on bench)
- push ups chest must get BENEATH the hands for deep stretch and MUST lock out at the top for a moment

GOAL - get to 100 total reps on EACH EXERCISE as fast as possible with as few breaks as you can possibly take. Time yourself.
Write down your weights and your time. Try it again a month later and see if you are getting stronger by beating your time. If you can beat it you have developed real strength and better muscular endurance.

Like I said, this isnt a workout for everyone. But for guys like me that are north of 40yrs old and whose joints dont hold heavy weights anymore, this was a fun way to get a really good workout.

Hope you guys like it.

so basically crossfit?

haha just playing with you bro, id probably give it a try if my shoulders could do flat barbell bench.

Maybe ill try it on incline o_O and do pushups with feel elevated on bench

so basically crossfit?

haha just playing with you bro, id probably give it a try if my shoulders could do flat barbell bench.

Maybe ill try it on incline o_O and do pushups with feel elevated on bench

No that sounds like crossfit but it's involving the chest instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its actually absolutely NOTHING like crossfit. crossfit measures explosive based movements coupled with some form of active cardio (ie burpees or box hops).

Crossfit doesnt work bodyparts
crossfit doesnt really put emphasis on the chest
crossfit is the worst program in history

the only element you are looking at is that i called for a timer. the sad thing is after being a trainer for more than 20 years and using time based methodology for the majority of that time (something i picked up boxing and kickboxing where every round is timed), I have watched the fuckers at Shitfit Cross-Gender take ownership of that form of training. As well as many other forms of training that we have used for decades. Even though Shitfit is only about 14 or 15years old, it is like people think they invented timed based or challenge based systems.

i have used challenge style workouts as a measurement with athletes and clients for 20 years. It is a simple method to test where they are, and to show where they have gotten to over time.

Sorry to sound snippy. I hate those assholes at that crossgender place. They give legit trainers a bad name and kill our perceived value in the athletic community.

its actually absolutely NOTHING like crossfit. crossfit measures explosive based movements coupled with some form of active cardio (ie burpees or box hops).

Crossfit doesnt work bodyparts

crossfit doesnt really put emphasis on the chest

crossfit is the worst program in history

the only element you are looking at is that i called for a timer. the sad thing is after being a trainer for more than 20 years and using time based methodology for the majority of that time (something i picked up boxing and kickboxing where every round is timed), I have watched the fuckers at Shitfit Cross-Gender take ownership of that form of training. As well as many other forms of training that we have used for decades. Even though Shitfit is only about 14 or 15years old, it is like people think they invented timed based or challenge based systems.

i have used challenge style workouts as a measurement with athletes and clients for 20 years. It is a simple method to test where they are, and to show where they have gotten to over time.

Sorry to sound snippy. I hate those assholes at that crossgender place. They give legit trainers a bad name and kill our perceived value in the athletic community.

Well real crossfit isn't the shit u see the everyday cult of crossfit doing, it's basics structure was sorta stemmed from an interval style of training, I'm sorry for my post for being vague. Your chest workout seems like the perfect jailhouse training session for your chest if you were allowed dumbbells. But the style of that training is leaning toward endurance training which some could place in the vague term of crossfit. I apologize again for offending you

So earlier tonight we threw together a quick chest challenge for some of our athletes in the gym. I did it after closing and it was pretty rough. Hard, fun, and very very muscle pumping. If you are a super hardcore heavy lifter then you might not enjoy this sort of workout. But if you are looking for something different, something slightly off the wall, then you might enjoy this.

So we take 3 exercises. For our guys we used bench press, flat dumbell flyes, and push ups with a pair of 25lb db's turned on their head (so you have to balance your body and your hands on the end of the bell but also so you have a much deeper stretch at the bottom of the movement).

After a decent warm up you will want to get a weight you can do NO MORE THEN 15 reps in a row with for bench. On the db flyes, choose a similar weight that you can get only about 15 reps in a row with. Push ups are non-weighted.

Ok, so the routine is bench-flye-push up.
The rules:
- whatever reps you do on the bench, you have to match on the flyes and on the push ups ex.- you do 15 reps on bench, then you have to do 15 flyes and 15 push ups
-all reps have to be complete and CLEAN (that means no bouncing the bar and no 8 inch popping reps on bench)
- push ups chest must get BENEATH the hands for deep stretch and MUST lock out at the top for a moment

GOAL - get to 100 total reps on EACH EXERCISE as fast as possible with as few breaks as you can possibly take. Time yourself.
Write down your weights and your time. Try it again a month later and see if you are getting stronger by beating your time. If you can beat it you have developed real strength and better muscular endurance.

Like I said, this isnt a workout for everyone. But for guys like me that are north of 40yrs old and whose joints dont hold heavy weights anymore, this was a fun way to get a really good workout.

Hope you guys like it.

Okay, I'm confused...3 exercises...No more than 15 reps per exercise (so 45 reps max for all 3)...And then you say the goal is to get 100 reps on each exercise? Do you repeat the 3 exercises?

Yes. Sorry I was a bit vague on the ending. I was getting too worried about writing too much.

Ok, so the 15 rule is only for the weight you choose in terms of what you start with. After that you get whatever reps you get and you continue going nonstop until completion. The timer is a measurement unit for you to see how long it takes you to hit 100 total reps on all 3 exercises.

So for example and ease of numbers lets say I have a 15 rep topout at 135lbs on bench and I can get about 15 with db flyes using 50lb DB's.

Bench - 135 x 15 reps
flyes 50 x 15 reps
angled deep DB push ups x 15 reps
(then I go back to bench immediately and this time say I only get 11 reps)
bench - 135 x 11 reps
flyes x 11 reps
push ups x 11 reps
(again right back to bench with no allowable rest for as many reps as possible but keeping the rep count the same on all 3 exercises until I finally reach 100 total reps on all 3 exercises)

It may take you 5 sets, or it may take you 15 sets, in order to complete 100 total reps on all 3 but as long as you keep your reps the same on the exercises you should finish all 100 reps on all 3 exercises in the same set.

Okay, I'm confused...3 exercises...No more than 15 reps per exercise (so 45 reps max for all 3)...And then you say the goal is to get 100 reps on each exercise? Do you repeat the 3 exercises?

You are absolutely correct. This type of workout is for sure more of an endurance based type workout. However, if you flip the script on it and use a weight you can only get a max of 10 reps with you can turn it into a muscle building workout as well.

Becuase my main goal now is competition, endurance is vital for me. I am going to grappling this year in at least 3 and possibly as many as 5 tournaments over the next 5 months. So getting my strength in line with my endurance is very important. Plus, honestly my joints just cant take the heavy stresses anymore of heavy lifting. It is just too painful.

Jailhouse session. I love it. LOL. Maybe that is what Ill call that workout for the team. Jailhouse Chest Work.

Im not offended. I just get protective over what real trainers deserve credit for and what CF has watered down and molested over the years. On a monthly basis I have new members come to my gym with various ailments, injuries, tears, pulls, strains, injuries from doing CF. And 99% of the time it was because they were forced into a workout that had NOTHING to do with their actual fitness goals but that was required for the "workout of the day".

Well real crossfit isn't the shit u see the everyday cult of crossfit doing, it's basics structure was sorta stemmed from an interval style of training, I'm sorry for my post for being vague. Your chest workout seems like the perfect jailhouse training session for your chest if you were allowed dumbbells. But the style of that training is leaning toward endurance training which some could place in the vague term of crossfit. I apologize again for offending you

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity