over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

A theory on abdominal distension

I read an article that's out there I never posted because I didn't want to bring it to the table but it intended to address the distention and claimed big money supplement advertisers in the mags were behind the lack of investigation and research into the cause.

supposedly, because they want mass monsters to rep their sups who are huge and unattractive and not more perfectly proportioned guys who attract the homosexual community. Basically the article claimed the sup companies wanted the big bellies to keep out the gays lol.

LMFAO thats hilarious:D:D......my ex girl's brother was gay and ran one of the biggest gay clubs here in Cleveland.....we used to go there and party about 1am and stay all night even after they closed at 230am.....in my experience the gays love muscle especially if your ripped but bulky is cool with them too....they knew I was straight and would still come up with offers and propositions when my girl would go to the bathroom

Reminds me of a USMLE Step 1 question about Von Gierke's Dz...

The pathogenesis of hepatomegaly and abdominal distension in alcoholics/Hep C is quite different from that which occurs in glycogen storage diseases (ie Von Gierke’s). Also, In later stage cirrhosis, the liver is actually atrophied or smaller than normal (acutely they have hepatomegaly) and the abdominal distension is usually due to ascites from portal hypertension. So, the comparison to the neighborhood alcoholic doesn’t make much sense in this case.

I can see what you’re saying though about how increased hepatic glycogen stores would lead to some mild hepatomegaly and even some abdominal distension, especially when taking exogenous insulin which would tend to drive glucose into cells for storage, thus inhibiting glycogenolysis (breakdown of glycogen) in the liver. Someone just needs to do a study in these guys with CTs or MRI liver protocol to see if there’s a significant increase in liver density/size in these guys pre- and post-cycle. Probably a tougher study to fund though when illicit substances are involved...

Yes ! You see what I’m getting at! The patients who present with von gierkes have livers absolutely saturated the glycogen, and the abdominal distension is Inique to hepatomegaly secondary to the disease pathology. Aas and especially
Insulin drive the production of glycogen far beyond what the body is naturally capable of, just Ike with von gierkes. Not saying it’s the cause but it’s surely a possible contributor

Last edited:
[/B]

LMFAO thats hilarious:D:D......my ex girl's brother was gay and ran one of the biggest gay clubs here in Cleveland.....we used to go there and party about 1am and stay all night even after they closed at 230am.....in my experience the gays love muscle especially if your ripped but bulky is cool with them too....they knew I was straight and would still come up with offers and propositions when my girl would go to the bathroom

Haha I should find the article just for the kicks. It totally got me because at first it sounded like a smart article and I was thinking "awesome this is gonna give me the answer to the BIG question! Can't wait to show the board!" Then it went completely off the rails with the gay theory and I was like awww shit. Not gonna make the guys suffer through this lol

Reminds me of a USMLE Step 1 question about Von Gierke's Dz...

The pathogenesis of hepatomegaly and abdominal distension in alcoholics/Hep C is quite different from that which occurs in glycogen storage diseases (ie Von Gierke’s). Also, In later stage cirrhosis, the liver is actually atrophied or smaller than normal (acutely they have hepatomegaly) and the abdominal distension is usually due to ascites from portal hypertension. So, the comparison to the neighborhood alcoholic doesn’t make much sense in this case.

I can see what you’re saying though about how increased hepatic glycogen stores would lead to some mild hepatomegaly and even some abdominal distension, especially when taking exogenous insulin which would tend to drive glucose into cells for storage, thus inhibiting glycogenolysis (breakdown of glycogen) in the liver. Someone just needs to do a study in these guys with CTs or MRI liver protocol to see if there’s a significant increase in liver density/size in these guys pre- and post-cycle. Probably a tougher study to fund though when illicit substances are involved...

Yes but how do you then account for the expository elements expanding beyond synthesis levels composed of mitochondria expansion in the abdominal walls interior photogenic cell neurons?

Haha just fuckin with you man. God dam that was the smartest second post I ever read! Lol It caused my brain discomfort reading it lol

You and asteelz are some intelligent guys! You should get together over coffee and cure cancer ;)

Last edited:
For myself I never had a turtle shell until I started using GH and peptides. Back in the early 80s I did heavy cycles and ate tons of food never had a problem with distension?
It appears that if I elevate my IGF levels I get the bloat regardless of diet.
Last year I ran IGF & GH together my gut got so swollen it was painful.
I wish someone could figure this out and come up with a fix!

Years of medical education and extensive research into the human biochemistry is hardly broscience. Yes , heptomegaly effects the entire abdomen , not just the URQ. There is plenty of data supporting aas and an increase in liver glycogen. And plenty of us can significantly reduce our abdominal distension by reducing carbs for several days and changing the drugs were on. It’s stated to be a pet of the puzzle, not the sole causal agent.

Any doctor worth a dime should be able to palpate the liver and tell you if its enlarged, ruling hepatomegaly in or out. Simply "excess glycogen" stored in the liver is not likely to play any role. Excess glycogen will be turned into fat pretty quickly, the body will not continually store energy as glycogen. Where is your education from? If the distended belly was liver related that would more likely relate to high cholesterol build up in the liver or excess fluid build up in the liver due to weak left ventricle and poor circulation. Beyond the liver there are many things possible. What do all these big belly guys have in common (most likely since we don`t have their blood work or honesty from Phil Heath)? High blood sugar, reduced insulin sensitivity from ramming down carbs nonstop, low HDL, high LDL and triglycerides, high blood pressure, insulin/GH use. All these factors line up with visceral fat.

Just curious but what's YOUR theory?

Enough theory for you? Beyond what I`ve stated, how about I DON`T CARE what causes it! I`m not running 2g+ (5g people??), or insulin, or force feeding carbs till the sun comes up, I`m not doing all the things these belly monsters are doing. Most important I have my health, which most of these belly beasts do not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any doctor worth a dime should be able to palpate the liver and tell you if its enlarged, ruling hepatomegaly in or out. Simply "excess glycogen" stored in the liver is not likely to play any role. Excess glycogen will be turned into fat pretty quickly, the body will not continually store energy as glycogen. Where is your education from? If the distended belly was liver related that would more likely relate to high cholesterol build up in the liver or excess fluid build up in the liver due to weak left ventricle and poor circulation. Beyond the liver there are many things possible. What do all these big belly guys have in common (most likely since we don`t have their blood work or honesty from Phil Heath)? High blood sugar, reduced insulin sensitivity from ramming down carbs nonstop, low HDL, high LDL and triglycerides, high blood pressure, insulin/GH use. All these factors line up with visceral fat.

Enough theory for you? Beyond what I`ve stated, how about I DON`T CARE what causes it! I`m not running 2g+ (5g people??), or insulin, or force feeding carbs till the sun comes up, I`m not doing all the things these belly monsters are doing. Most important I have my health, which most of these belly beasts do not.

For someone who doesn't care you sure come on strong in your argument. Asking an obviously intelligent person where he got his education like you did was an insult that wasn't necessary. This thread was his theory. A theoretical discussion is about getting people thinking and exploring possibilities. He didn't title the thread "I know EXACTLY what causes it and I defy anyone to prove me wrong!" But YOU DONT CARE! so much that your all pissed off and being a dick to people.

Here is my theory

I think perceived intelligence in others bothers you. Makes you insecure and lash out. Makes you angry and aggressive to prove the value of your own wisdom and attack anyone you perceive as more intelligent than you or more likely highly educated. Bet you missed the cut trying to get into the school you wanted didn't you. People who don't care don't care and don't post let alone come out firing insults. That or your just a total dick I don't know. :cool:

Last edited:
Another explanation is that bodybuilders (specially who are in skin and getting massive) also eat a lot of rice, cereals, sugars, which can be aggressive foods that cause inflammation.

Any doctor worth a dime should be able to palpate the liver and tell you if its enlarged, ruling hepatomegaly in or out. Simply "excess glycogen" stored in the liver is not likely to play any role. Excess glycogen will be turned into fat pretty quickly, the body will not continually store energy as glycogen. Where is your education from? If the distended belly was liver related that would more likely relate to high cholesterol build up in the liver or excess fluid build up in the liver due to weak left ventricle and poor circulation. Beyond the liver there are many things possible. What do all these big belly guys have in common (most likely since we don`t have their blood work or honesty from Phil Heath)? High blood sugar, reduced insulin sensitivity from ramming down carbs nonstop, low HDL, high LDL and triglycerides, high blood pressure, insulin/GH use. All these factors line up with visceral fat. .

The body will continue to store glycogen with g6p is inhibited , which is what insulin does. add AAS and a large diet and you have muscle/liver full of glycogen. A larger man will store MUCH more glycogen then a normal size person, in addition high doses of AAS and GH/PEPS will contribute to more glycogen storage. Never said this was a causal agent, my theory states this is a contributing factor.

Here is my theory

I think perceived intelligence in others bothers you. Makes you insecure and lash out. Makes you angry and aggressive to prove the value of your own wisdom and attack anyone you perceive as more intelligent than you or more likely highly educated. Bet you missed the cut trying to get into the school you wanted didn't you. People who don't care don't care and don't post let alone come out firing insults. That or your just a total dick I don't know. :cool:

Not at all. It's when simple science is stated incorrectly then perpetuated, I feel it should be corrected. Missed the cut is off course too. I'm currently at a 3.8 GPA in the university of choice and consult with my wife that is at a 3.9 GPA in medical school [emoji57]. Having "perceived intelligence", which is nothing really, doesn't bother me at all, it's just not a topic I'm overly concerned with because I'm not at risk and don't have turtle shell belly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not at all. It's when simple science is stated incorrectly then perpetuated, I feel it should be corrected. Missed the cut is off course too. I'm currently at a 3.8 GPA in the university of choice and consult with my wife that is at a 3.9 GPA in medical school [emoji57]. Having "perceived intelligence", which is nothing really, doesn't bother me at all, it's just not a topic I'm overly concerned with because I'm not at risk and don't have turtle shell belly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, you do care...? haha, great gpa man. Keep it up. To be honest I haven’t thought about most of this stuff since way back in medical school. In fact, I haven’t even palpated or percussed a liver since medical school. Thank goodness that the bottom half of my Med school class went into primary care so that we have good people to palpate livers. I do know though that the specificity of liver palpation/percussion isn’t very high though for hepatomegaly when compared to ultrasound and other imaging modalities. If you consult pubmed, you’ll find some studies. I gotta admit also that I usually consult medicine to manage insulin on my patients, just so I don’t have to deal with it.

Your little half explanation though about the Left ventricle and poor circulation doesn’t make much sense either. Maybe you just didn’t finish your thought there. I’m sure you’ll learn all about that though if you keep up on the studying and that stellar gpa at your university of choice. But what do I know, I’m just a dumb orthopod who hits things with a mallet.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws