over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

A Thread for us tall guys

SacrificeFitness

Registered
I'm 6'3 250 lbs. I have long limbs and have always struggled with the "bodybuilder" look. When I look in the mirror all I see is a buff basketball player or a NFL safety. Im currently consuming 550/620 carbs (low/high days), 350 protein, and 115 fat which is usually 5000 calories a day. I have a fast metabolism and I usually keep a 6 pack all year round. I workout 5-6 days a week and hit every muscle twice. The biggest lift I struggled with as a taller individual with long femurs was the squat.

By tall guys Im referring to individuals over 6'. What challenges have you faced on your journey to getting the physique you want? What advice do you have for other tall guys (diet, certain lifts)? Does it also piss you off when you see these 5'7 235 lb guys gettin more gym respect than you?

Those 5'7'' guys would LOVEEE to give all their muscles to be 6'3'' like you... I have a buddy who is 5'9'' 250 pounds and he is very insecure about his height, and I think that's one of the reasons why he juiced up

Don't be a child , god has given you a gift, so appreciate it

yes it is harder to workout and you need to put on a lot more muscles to fill the frame but you just have to be more patient.

Last edited:
A classic bulker with high test, deca and dbol/drol would be the perfect combination for you. High carbs too.

Us tall guys have to put on a lot more weight to look big and all that, but once you get there, you look freakish..

Ofcours its hard to compete with the shorter guys at lighter weight..

Yeah when you're taller you need more mass to look bigger. I'm 6'2 so it's gonna take some time but it looks ALOT cooler with massive taller guys than those little stubby guys looking like refridgerators!

Noah steele 6'6

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

I'm 6'2". Well, I'd say benching has always been shit for me. Long arms, my best ever was 425 at a fat 270. Not a good strength/weight ratio at all. But I could squat and dead a lot back then, genetics I guess.

As far as what WORKS? Man, for us tall guys, I'd say some Volume! Still gotta work up to a relatively heavy weight (for reps) a few times per workout, but those painful, slightly lower weight sets are what I feel is most important. For tall guys, when the debate about, "not being able to change the shape of the muscle" comes up, I just shut up. The mirror doesn't lie. More angles, different stresses, and my chest if fuller for example. Maybe if you're 5'3" or have awesome "tall-guy" genetics, you can hit the whole muscle with bench alone for example. But with a fuggin' "wingspan", no way.

Diet is still down the individual. I gotta go medium/high protein, higher fat, low-no carb. Seems like no amount of carbs does anything good for me, so I just don't eat them much. I feel satiated on Pro/Fat, but never on any amount of carbs, just hungry pissed and bloated.

As far as exercises that stand out to me:

Chest: Those close grip dumbell presses John Meadows does, love those. Or using a cambered bar with a neutral grip for the same movement.

Shoulders: Short range of movement focused on the shoulders for DB overheads. And every type of lateral.

Legs: Variety! For Reps.

Back thickness: BB or DB rows but leaning slightly forward, not parallel to the ground. Rotate the scapula in before pulling with your arms and try to feel the muscles squeezing your spine.

As far as short dudes getting more respect? HAHA! Haven't experienced that!

In the gym, my shorter training partners are both way bigger than me, so that's cool. But when we're out, the girls like the "tall lean guy". I think they'd be happy to trade me.

We can always get bigger, just takes time and drugs. They ain't getting any taller. LOL :D

Im six feet and the most effective training style for me to put on size was a Yates type routine. One exercise per body part get up into heavy weights and last set to failure.

My arms and chest are my weakpoint and I felt that primo was the best gear for putting size on arms. Too bad it made all my hair fall out.

Great thread. I'm 6'2" and find its a long process to get to a point you're happy size wise. Oh well I'm good looking and more jacked than most around me so can't bitch TOO much I guess ;)

I'm 6ft and is hard to fill out but luckily I have a very narrow waist and reasonably wide shoulders. I can create an illusion of size but I'll never be big. Having long arms I can't bench press for Shit but I'm the best dead lifter in our gym by far. Probably the strongest guy there on most back stuff but bench press is fucking embarrassing lol. I wouldn't want to be shorter though. Gear can make you bigger but never taller:)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Being tall and white is the greatest think that can happen to an American. What are you bitching about OP?

I'm 6'4 and I think it's the opposite. When I'm 240 or so everyone is asking me questions and saying I'm getting big. I think when we look in the mirror we see something different. The things I notice are when I'm standing next to a guy that I see looks big and well developed muscles and look at us both in the mirror I'm like woah I'm actually way bigger than most all of them. We don't get the cuts and big angle differences in delta and tris and stuff but that's because the muscles are so long. Bench and squat have always been difficult for me. 405 is my max on bench at 237 lbs and my squat is the same. I've been doing a lot of snatches and cleans so my legs are consistently getting stronger but my bench could be weak as hell some days just bc of shoulder pain. But I do pause reps on my chest I see 90% of guys loading up 315 and barely moving the bar 6 inches. That's not a press in my opinion

Another thing is when little guys use gear it's very noticeable when they are on. Us tall guys the process is slower and no one ever can tell.

Great Thread

I'm 6'3" and 252lbs. I found that the safety squat bar has done the most for me. I also use a squat machine. My quads have really come up.
The machines just don't fit me good bc the mechanics are never there. I'm left with mostly free weights which is great but as you age,, free weights are tuff on joints. I've also gotten better response with higher reps to bring out the sweeps. More volume is needed than shorter guys in my opinion

Being tall and white is the greatest think that can happen to an American. What are you bitching about OP?

Tall maybe... but not when your part of the the working class white in america, then your SOL and get all the "white" stereotypes of being "privileged" but see none of it, and dont qualify for various fundings, school scholarships or grants/financial aid etc offered to minorities or the new majority in a fair share of the country... ya there is some places in the south or north east etc where whites probably still have more holding power but the times are a changing and out here in the historical wild west that time was a handful of years ago

Those 5'7'' guys would LOVEEE to give all their muscles to be 6'3'' like you... I have a buddy who is 5'9'' 250 pounds and he is very insecure about his height, and I think that's one of the reasons why he juiced up

yes it is harder to workout and you need to put on a lot more muscles to fill the frame but you just have to be more patient.

Man I completely agree with raw I'd gave nthing b ur height cuz like I have said before my goal has never to b a pro bodybuilder I've jus wanted to compete and I love my job as a strength coach I train young men and women every yr ur height some taller guess what they squat its not an option my wife is 6'1" she squats got 315x2 last week point is use what god has given u he made our bodies to squat and yes u have to put on more muscle than short ppl like raw said patience keep working hard u will get there

Sent from my HTC One VX using Tapatalk

What's most important is that us tall guys stick together and make fun of the vertically challenged.

Capin & AshopRep out on their morning walk

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 1,127
Now for bulking up and added some good lean mass.... I was 6'4 in my 20's but 6'3 now after hitting 30's... going to account that to going big and lifting heavy since 15 and compressing all my various joints over the years... YEARS ago came across old articles of Arnold, Franco, Ferrigno, etc and been following Ferrigno's choice as incline bench being the best chest builder for taller guys and can attest to it... helps build and develop the entire shoulder girdle with chest for more rounded looked... dead lifts are also perfect, like a solid heavy 5x5 routine with some kind of squat/hack squate/leg press... you want to get extra work on your arms, since for some they are like calves and need constant pump and working to force to grow, you can do narrow grip either neutral or underhand grip pull-ups and close grip bench, but not too close grip like keep thumbs about 10-12 inches apart is all you need to put more work on your tri's any close and your wrists shoulders or elbows may start having issues you can just avoid ahead of time....

back is simple.... pull up's for days...switch it around from narrow to wide all the various grips etc and bent over rows/low rows will do wonders...

eat everything too... never skip a meal and always leave room for an extra one... you start training hard and heavy you'll burn thru all sorts of calories so keep protein high and shovel everything else in... and yes it will take time.... I now am around 290's with low teen bf and has taken over a decade to fill out the frame and still is a work in progress but ya their is the certain sense of accomplishment when the shorter guys dwarf you

That is really sad your friend is insecure and he is 5'9 250 ponds. That is huge if he isn't fat.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear