A tip when dieting...

Elvia1023

Featured Member / Supp Guru / Board Supporter
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
Verified Customer
This is far from ground breaking and has been known for many years. I first tried konjac products a few years ago and they tasted horrible but I recently had them again and they were great. Well the noodles were far better than the rice and can be a great addition when you want to bulk on some meals without adding calories. They are especially good if you are on keto and can't have carbs but want the feeling of eating them. Now I wouldn't be adding these in all the time but from time to time they are a useful tool. Both products per 100g are 9 calories. That is 0g carbs, 0g fat, 0.4g protein and 4g fibre. They don't smell nice so I recommend you drain them before cooking. The "rice" is soft and not the best but the noodles literally taste exactly like noodles and when added into a stir fry with some spices you wouldn't even know the difference.

OR
OR
And im just throwing this out there
Diet down slowly to the point where you dont NEED to cut out all your carbs

But also a good one to add while dieting is riced cauliflower.
Bulks up all meals and doesnt really have any taste

Attachments

• RICE.jpeg
    RICE.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 3
What's a diet? :p j/k
Last contest diet I did last ONE full year and it was a spartan diet.

I eat riced cauliflower and fish several times a week and handle it just fine. Use an entire bag for about 20oz of fish and split it into two meals, which is like 12g carbs per meal, it's crazy...just add some hot sauce or spices and it just tastes however you season it.
Sounds terrible but you do what you gotta do to get sub 8%. Respect.

Didn’t found the konjac stuff but I did found 45kcal noodles which made my 1800 calorie day a bit more bearable lol.

OR
OR

When your carb depleting to load for your peak week you cant have carbs so the "diet down slowly" kinda underhanded comment doesn't always apply lol.

When your carb depleting to load for your peak week you cant have carbs so the "diet down slowly" kinda underhanded comment doesn't always apply lol.
Does completely depleting glycogen allow your muscles to fill passed your normal level when you go for peak?

The most I’ve ever stayed keto has been 3 days, felt pretty depleted but I doubt I was all the way.

OR
OR

Who said anything about cutting out all your carbs (unless on keto)? The lowest I usually go is about 200g carbs but I have done lower for short periods just to see how I responded. I am dieting now and having about 200g most days if you count the bread, fruits and vegetables. When dieting I personally like to get the bulk of my carbs from fruits and vegetables. Obviously this suggestion was for any diet when cutting. Some may be doing keto and still want to eat "noodles". Some may be doing low carbs and it's great for them as well. Some maybe on 300g carbs but they still could add these in.

Everyone has a different diet approach and I most certainly wasn't telling people they have to diet down fast and remove all carbs. I personally don't like cauliflower anything but it's definitely a great tool for the same reasons I posted this thread. Many hate the taste of konjac foods but that's also why I stated to rinse before cooking and quite honestly the noodles taste like regular noodles but are 9 calories per 100g so it's a useful tool for certain people so I figured I would post about it.

Does completely depleting glycogen allow your muscles to fill passed your normal level when you go for peak?

The most I’ve ever stayed keto has been 3 days, felt pretty depleted but I doubt I was all the way.

Yes. Milos often uses the term "supercompensation" but that is more of a (well solely by definition) training term but that's what he will do. He will have the athlete deplete all glycogen stores thought training and diet and then he will fill them up hard with insulin and carbs etc etc.

This might be individual to certain people
I handle it quite well
No Bloat at all

Exactly. These konjac products will likely bloat some people badly as well but for me I had no issues. Although feeling full if someone is in a calorie restrictive state isn't necessarily a bad thing especially for guys who struggle with dieting (large appetite).

I average around 150 carbs per day 6 days out of the week and have one cheat/re-feed day. I'm definitely interested in this stuff..

I've been using shirataki noodles for years in the last few weeks of a cutting phase. At 2400kcal per day I don't need them, at 2200kcal they become a must :) But to me they don't taste that good in salty, asian inspired dishes, the best is to make something sweet with them - noodles, strawberries, cottage cheese, sweetener, some chocolate whey powder, tastes awesome and fills you up :)

Always been dubious about shirataki noodles, but I'm wanting to give keto another serious try and zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash never scratches the pasta itch.

Do they hold up well to sauces if I can find a low sugar marinara or similar?

Reactions: No1
Shirataki noodles make me shit like a mountain lion..not in a bad way either..highly recommended

Yeah there is an enzyme that stores glycogen that upregulates when you deplete out so for a short period of time you can hold a noticeably larger amount of glycogen and end up looking leaner and tighter on stage if done right.

I have yet to nail it on stage but I am a crappy amateur classic physique guy lol.

Always been dubious about shirataki noodles, but I'm wanting to give keto another serious try and zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash never scratches the pasta itch.

Do they hold up well to sauces if I can find a low sugar marinara or similar?

They kind of hold up well to sauces but also have a tendency to form one big clump in the middle of the dish, don't want to break apart :) While they taste quite ok in Asian inspired food, with some meat, veggies and soy sauce, trying to replace regular pasta with shirataki noodles for Italian dishes ( marinara, bolognese etc.) is a no go, the result is absolutely disgusting!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws