over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

A Weak Mass Monster

Bulked007

Registered
I have a member at my gym that is very large and looks to be quite advanced. However, this guy is incredibly weak. His arms must have 2 inches on mine (they look to be about a lean 21-22 inches), yet I am amazed by his routine. He lifts but a fraction of what I do.

Yesterday was max effort flat bench work up. I was looking to break my previous record of 550lbs and sad to report it didnt happen., Regardless, this gentleman who could be enroute to his procard, has a hard time with 295. I was blown away by this. Every other lift he is like this as well. How he can build that size with such light weights is beyond me.

Ive always been taught- Lift Heavy, eat big, sleep and grow.....clearly he is the exception.

Anyone else know a guy like this. Mr Beach Muscle....looks good, but doesnt do shit

are you serious ? ...

you never heard about steroids ? gear ? hormonas ? eqipona ? aas ? trenbolona ace ? nothing ?

:D

HA!...very funny.

and no, I havent heard of Eqipona or trenbolona ace. I have however heard of Equipoise and Trenbolone Ace.

You tell me a guy whose probably 5'10" at 275 and less than 12% bf, shouldnt be lifting more than 295 on a bench press. This guy probably would place top 3 or 4 in any NPC contest with some proper prep.

Shit, if youre on tren, and you weigh over 225lbs and cannot bench at least 350, you started gear way to early my friend

People will vary on strength. I'm much stronger on back and legs than I am with any chest exercise. Some guys are just built to have a strong bench. I have a friend who can bench 550+ but is about 5'7 220-230. Short arms and thick chest. Another friend who is 6'3 260-270 and struggles to put up 350+ but is a beast on squats and deads.

Some guys are stronger then others no matter how they look and everyone has strengths and weaknesses.

Who knows.

Could be slin and GH, could be he's just a weak dude and doesn't train for strength.

People will vary on strength. I'm much stronger on back and legs than I am with any chest exercise. Some guys are just built to have a strong bench. I have a friend who can bench 550+ but is about 5'7 220-230. Short arms and thick chest. Another friend who is 6'3 260-270 and struggles to put up 350+ but is a beast on squats and deads.

Some guys are stronger then others no matter how they look and everyone has strengths and weaknesses.

I agree with you 100%. I think I would have to try to sneak a pic of this guy and post it for you all to really appreciate it. This isnt the typical "some guys are stronger than others"...this case appears to be the most extreme ive seen

Who knows.

Could be slin and GH, could be he's just a weak dude and doesn't train for strength.

If Slin and GH gave him this physique, he has the genes to get to the top

I think some guys are just born to be strong and some to be big. And then there are guys who work their asses off at both or are lucky to have genetics for both.

First time I ever benches I did 225. This was in 8th grade at 145lbs or so and my same height (I was a string bean). I was lifting with the varsity basketball team and guess I just wanted to do what they were.

I know guys like lee haney did light weight and lots of reps for things like biceps, and that worked incredibly (I heard this by an older gentleman who use to own a gym in Albany NY and Haney did a few seminars there, so guessing he's telling the truth).

Some guys are just lucky with certain muscle fibers and good genetics.

I have a member at my gym that is very large and looks to be quite advanced. However, this guy is incredibly weak. His arms must have 2 inches on mine (they look to be about a lean 21-22 inches), yet I am amazed by his routine. He lifts but a fraction of what I do.

Yesterday was max effort flat bench work up. I was looking to break my previous record of 550lbs and sad to report it didnt happen., Regardless, this gentleman who could be enroute to his procard, has a hard time with 295. I was blown away by this. Every other lift he is like this as well. How he can build that size with such light weights is beyond me.

Ive always been taught- Lift Heavy, eat big, sleep and grow.....clearly he is the exception.

Anyone else know a guy like this. Mr Beach Muscle....looks good, but doesnt do shit

Sounds like me. Hahaha... What is heavy for his body may be very light to your's, but it is most likely heavier than shit for him. I lift very light on chest. The most I have ever maxed out on the bench is 315Lbs. And now its a hell of alot lighter. Mind/muscle connection is most important. I feel the muscle working all the way through the movement. I don't just force the weight up any way possible. My elbows after in, the motion is extremely slow all the way up and all the way down. As I push up, I am actually pushing forward in an arced motion. Elbowed must stay in at all times to take the front delt out of play.

I lifted alot heavier when in my twenties. I didn't grow fast. I grow easy now. Of course, I now use hgh which is key to recovery, plus peptides, and the best gear around. Hahaha...truth be told, your cycle and food are more important than your training. Read some articles on the truth about the top pros workouts. They're usually too tired from all the drugs, insulin and high dose hgh especially, to train hard.

A lot of strength is in the brain-if the signals to the muscle from the brain aint strong enough then the weight aint going up. He probably dont really care what he lifts as hes bodybuilding and in the long term if you can get big with lighter weights its gotta be good for the joints. Bicep curls are my strongest move for sure yet my biceps in size are my weakest part. too get bigger youve only got to get stoinger than YOU were before -all numbers are relative

At 6'2'-265lbs with over 20" arms, still cant push 4 plates, but sure look like I'm strongest guy in the gym.
Good thing theres no benches at the bars + beaches!

HA!...very funny.

and no, I havent heard of Eqipona or trenbolona ace. I have however heard of Equipoise and Trenbolone Ace.

You tell me a guy whose probably 5'10" at 275 and less than 12% bf, shouldnt be lifting more than 295 on a bench press. This guy probably would place top 3 or 4 in any NPC contest with some proper prep.

Shit, if youre on tren, and you weigh over 225lbs and cannot bench at least 350, you started gear way to early my friend

hmm sounds odd...i mean im only 170 and can bench 380...then again i trained just for strenght my 1st 2 years lifting. it is a bit strange that all his lifts are like this considering how big you say he is though.

Strength is relative whats heavy for one person my not be heavy to another person of the same height and weight, I have seen olympic lifters that don't weigh anything lift more than some of the biggest guys in my gym. How do you know he is not nursing a injury or something like that, me myself am not worried about what others are doing in the gym I concentrate on what I am doing, and you can lift all the heavy weight you want does not mean you will look like Arnold and someone that lifts have as much might.

all interesting points.

I just look at a guy this size, and assume hes gotta at least be pushing 400+lbs.

I mean 295? Come on now.

Perhaps my perspective has become a bit skewed as to what "strong" and "heavy" is.

In my circle, im sitting just above average. Ive lost touch with whats normal

Bodybuilding is about illusion anyway, this guy probably never has to worry about being injured. An old bodybuilder once told me he didnt care about benching 500 lbs, he wants to look like he benches 500 lbs.

I also think that people love to talk about a really big guy not being very strong in an attempt to take something away from the guy out of jealousy.

I have seen skinny kids go pick up the same weights that a big guy has been using. The big guy was using super strict form and high reps, while the kids form is absolutely awful, but in his mind he is proving something to someone.

Last edited:
Bodybuilding is about illusion anyway, this guy probably never has to worry about being injured. An old bodybuilder once told me he didnt care about benching 500 lbs, he wants to look like he benches 500 lbs.

I also think that people love to talk about a really big guy not being very strong in an attempt to take something away from the guy out of jealousy.

I have seen skinny kids go pick up the same weights that a big guy has been using. The big guy was using super strict form and high reps, while the kids form is absolutely awful, but in his mind he is proving something to someone.

Exactly, My gym is full of "fuscular" guys and weight slingers. I watched a guy load the trap machine with six plates on each side then proceed to do 3 sets of bunny hops. The guy had virtually no traps, but when he was done he would strut away like he just did something awesome. I personally would rather have a symetrical build and lift decent weight than be:

A: The fat guy becnhing a shit load of weight with 6 inches range of motion.
B: Frat boy build, big arms, average chest, no back and legs like a baby impala.

Last time I checked I wasn't in high school anymore and no one really gives a shit how much a person can or can't lift. Or at least I don't. Why does it matter? I hate when people come up and ask me how much I bench. I usually have some smart ass response for them because I couldn't care less how much it is as long as it's WORKING

It's genetics... I forget what the gene is called, but there is a gene which dictates how you react to training. Most people react with a mix of hypertrophy and strength gains. However, a minority of people have a weird genetic make-up, where they respond to resistance training with mostly pure strength gains (CNS adaptations) and then there are others who respond with almost pure hypertrophy gains (and no strength/CNS adaptations).

Another example as to why Strength does not necessarily equal size. Refer to my thread

HA!...very funny.

To be fair, you bench more than you squat, which is not very normal.

Do you compete? Raw, equipped?

I only ask as your bench number would make you world-class lifting raw at your body weight - tested or untested (in a bench-only comp, that is, although your squat and deadlift are by no means bad).

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear