over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

A Weak Mass Monster

It could be anything. The guy might be nursing an injury. It's hard to say, you should talk to him.

When I was younger in karate master said Mind over matter

I still think about this. When I lift with my Partner he wants to do Heavy Ass weight, He also has Injuries alot. He likes to do 120's for Chest small reps, I wouldn't rather go over 80's and tighten and do more reps i out weight him by 30lbs.

When we bench even him spotting me I can't or i won't go over Body weight which is 235. Now when I'm alone i'll go over to the Smith and bang out 360 reps and then do 405 til failure.

I haven't got hurt in years. I don't feel like it is a Bad thing guys do low weight and not get hurt. it takes that one injury to swet you back.

Also you guys think if I don't push myself with Heavy Weights I'm not utilizing my stablizer muscles??

Ive always been taught- Lift Heavy, eat big, sleep and grow.....clearly he is the exception.

Been Taught The Same Way..... For years I've been feelin' and lookin' like a Power Lifter rather than a bodybuilder until a friend of mine told me "TRAIN LIKE A BODY BUILDER" and also been reading from forums and they keep sayin' and reminding everyone that "WE ARE BODY BUILDERS Not POWERLIFTERS".... So, from there on I train differently and loving it.....

Strength is relative whats heavy for one person my not be heavy to another person of the same height and weight, I have seen olympic lifters that don't weigh anything lift more than some of the biggest guys in my gym. How do you know he is not nursing a injury or something like that, me myself am not worried about what others are doing in the gym I concentrate on what I am doing, and you can lift all the heavy weight you want does not mean you will look like Arnold and someone that lifts have as much might.

There's a difference between snatching 225 with awesome technique and someone who is military pressing 225x12. Totally different lifts. I never know why people choose to use these guys in an argument.

If the sport of powerlifting involved three lifts - the lateral raise, the chest flye, and the barbell curl, all done with bodybuilder form, powerlifters would have the world's largest shoulders, chest and biceps.

i think some guys train for size some for strength simple as that but i do say if you have huge mass you should be pushing weight! i have always trained as a powerbuilder to be able back up my size with raw strength!

Why do you care? Best to spend energy on your focus and training rather than thinking about "the big weak guy". Be glad it's not you if gym strength is what floats your boat. T

I try to lift heavy on some moves, however, as I've gotten older I've realized it's more form and technique that makes the difference then all out heavy weight.

Sure....you could lift all out with max weight all the time, but you'll be fighting chronic injuries all the time..as well as having to take time of for some of those injuries.

I learned it's the slow and steady approach of hitting the weights day in and day out...month after month and year after year that puts on the real lasting size.

There is no secret...just hard work and proper nutrition.

Last edited:
i bet the average guy who doesnt lift and isnt a fat ass can bench his body weight or come close to it. im not putting anyone down it just amazes me how weak some bodybuilders are, especially a 270 pound mass monster struggling with 290 on bench. hell i was doing that as a 200 pound freshman in high school. i know size doesnt always mean strength but its a good indicator, and you would at least expect a guy like that to be some what strong, but thats really weak.

people get way to defensive when this topic comes up.

"He has a max bench of (big number), and he's not big".

What's his max set of 12-15, using bodybuilder form?

I',m barely stronger than when I was 17 but have an additioal 25 lbs lean muscle. I've seen guys with arms the size of my wrist bench more than me.
I'll take the muscle, A guy that can bench 300 is still stronger than normall.
What good is the extra strengh if it does'nt add muscle?
Thats what hydrolic machines are for.

I have a member at my gym that is very large and looks to be quite advanced. However, this guy is incredibly weak. His arms must have 2 inches on mine (they look to be about a lean 21-22 inches), yet I am amazed by his routine. He lifts but a fraction of what I do.

Yesterday was max effort flat bench work up. I was looking to break my previous record of 550lbs and sad to report it didnt happen., Regardless, this gentleman who could be enroute to his procard, has a hard time with 295. I was blown away by this. Every other lift he is like this as well. How he can build that size with such light weights is beyond me.

Ive always been taught- Lift Heavy, eat big, sleep and grow.....clearly he is the exception.

Anyone else know a guy like this. Mr Beach Muscle....looks good, but doesnt do shit

My older brother calls those guys "weak sisters" there was a guy on American Gladiators like that, a blond haired guy, who was jacked and he'd always pick on the little guys but if a guy even close to his size went against him, he was uslelsss... But all kidding aside...

Muscles grow in response to training in order to adapt to the increased work load or stress... Some muscles are more resistant to heavy weight, therefore don't have to grow as much in response in order to handle the same work load... Take a look at the calves of basketball players most are like toothpicks, yet they are pretty strong and elastic... Same goes for other athletes... I heard that Vince Taylor wasn't too strong either... The key is to get stronger than YOU were... Not in comparison to everyone else in order to build muscle...

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131