over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

AAS and tuberculosis test

BigFucker

Registered
I’m curious how AAS may affect a tuberculosis test and can’t find anything in google. I had a TB test and when I went back to have the doc interpret the results based on the reaction (or lack thereof) on my skin, I got a curious reaction from him. I know what a positive test is supposed to look like (red rash of at least a certain diameter). Mine was nothing like it: just a tiny bit of redness which seemed well below the threshold and could be explained by the prick and injection itself (looked similar to a subcutaneous hcg shot). I was expecting a quick “you’re good”. But when the doc saw it, he started asking me if I’m taking steroids. I assumed he mean’t corticosteroids since we’re talking about rashes. I told him no corticosteroids and he brushed it off and kept pressing me on whether I’m taking anabolic steroids. I told him no (which is true right now) and he still pressed. He seemed to get frustrated or annoyed as he kept pressing the issue and I started to feel interrogated. I got uncomfortable and told him I already answered him and told him that clearly the reaction did not meet the threshold for a positive read and even put a pic on my phone of a positive reaction next to mine to show how different it looked. Eventually he forced me to go get my lungs xrayed to have a full screen, which he wouldn’t do for a negative test. Given that my reaction was barely noticeable and in view of his line of questioning I felt he ordered the full screen to fuck with me (and that he did as I wasted my whole day on this only to be told i was right). Now I’m wondering whether the doc had a reasonable basis to be worried about AAS skewing the results or whether he just allowed a negative personal view of AAS affect his judgment and his interaction with me.

This was not my regular doc btw. I had never seen that doc before. Does anyone have an explanation for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took my tb test for nursing school on cycle and had zero reaction. Indont think he did it to fuck with you because their should be zero reaction. Did you mess with the area? Because your no supposed to touch that part of your skin

Last edited:
I took my tb test for nursing school on cycle and had zero reaction. Indont think he did it to fuck with you because their should be zero reaction. Did you mess with the area? Because your no supposed to touch that part of your skin

No I didn’t mess with it - didn’t scratch, touch, or use any topicals. I was only on a multivitamin, EAAs, and T4 (prescribed for hypothyroidism). Maybe the T4 or thyroid issues affected it but he didn’t seem to consider that an issue. Can’t think of anything else. The area just had a barely visible needle-sized area of redness. I didn’t think that was cause for concern. His focus on AAS left me wondering if there is a connection or what was going through his mind. Who knows I guess. Sounds like AAS didn’t matter in your experience.

No I didn’t mess with it - didn’t scratch, touch, or use any topicals. I was only on a multivitamin, EAAs, and T4 (prescribed for hypothyroidism). Maybe the T4 or thyroid issues affected it but he didn’t seem to consider that an issue. Can’t think of anything else. The area just had a barely visible needle-sized area of redness. I didn’t think that was cause for concern. His focus on AAS left me wondering if there is a connection or what was going through his mind. Who knows I guess. Sounds like AAS didn’t matter in your experience.

That is odd that he pressed the AAS thing. Diddnt matter in my experience but that doesn't mean it can't happen I guess haha, and I have no idea about the thyroid meds....We need Stewie to chime in.

I get TB tests every year. And I’m usually on something. Always negatcie

I've had many, many TB tests while on with no issues.

Do you look like you're on steroids? Could be that he just has a vendetta against steroid users and used this opportunity to try to get you to admit to use for whatever reason.

There shouldn't be an interaction between AAS and a ppd test.

I get a 2 step TB test done annually for my profession. Also on AAS majority of time. Never had an issue, besides tech commenting on vascularity! I'd continue to deny use. Let them skin test you again if needed. If you get another abnormal reaction a chest xray and/or spit test will give you definitive answer.

Not many doctors know anything about anabolic steroids. I bet he judged your size and in his head thought AAS was to blame for the reaction you had. If you had said yes you were on AAS would he then not get the chest x-Ray? Sounds like the doctor was a duesh.

I get TB tests every few years. I’ve been on roids for 23 years. I always test negative.

no issues for me

Like everyone else said, I get PPD every year while on and have never had any issues. Do you have the option to go back to another doc, cause fuck that guy.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws