over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

AAS + blood clot disorders gave me a heart attack

In normal daily activity or just lifting at they gym it could have some impact but surely not 70%. YOu know something is wrong when its consistenty high too. If you ever think it might be dehyradation then be sure to drink plenty of water 24 hours before the test and right before. I tried that several times and it did NOTHING to bring my hematocrit down. So IMO dehyrdation doesnt really come into play for most of us.

interesting... good to know, thanks maldorf

anyone know much about a correlation with dehydration and high Hematocrit

learned in physiology today that dehydration can bring hematocrit up to possibly 70%

Just a thought but running deca/eq/tren for long periods of time + not drinking enough water + having a clotting disorder..just another variable I suppose tho, but i would like to hear what some of you other educated bros have to say

Good thing to bring up though so thank you. I'd hope this thread would turn into a very educational tutorial on some ways to be safer while engaging in AAS use. All thoughts and suggestions, by all, are highly encouraged, by me anyway. I know a shit ton about blood, however Oct 23rd 2009 all I knew was blood was red. I am hoping that you all can learn from me, and not have to learn it the hard way. Maybe if I came across this thread before my HA I would have (hopefully) went for the blood tests I am suggesting now, and could have spared myself the HA.

If you have anything at all to share in this thread, please do so.

On the tangent of being dehydrated, I would bet that when you get drunk that your hematocrit goes up and the following 25 hours it slowly creeps back to normal. Ive got a hemoglobin meter here at home and I think I may just conduct that experiment soon!! If I do I will relay the data I gather. I am sure there are quite a few guys on here that partake from time to time.:)

Hey one thing I don't think Mal and I put enough emphasis on in here:

Raised RBC count and/or raised Hematocrit = raised Blood Presssure!

Want another reason to give blood or RBC donation while on cycle? It will help keep your BP in check. So again hopefully everyone reading this learned two things, get your blood checked for disorders if you are going to cycle, and giving blood is a Win-Win on cycle. Save another person's life, help protect your own life.

Hey one thing I don't think Mal and I put enough emphasis on in here:

Raised RBC count and/or raised Hematocrit = raised Blood Presssure!

Want another reason to give blood or RBC donation while on cycle? It will help keep your BP in check. So again hopefully everyone reading this learned two things, get your blood checked for disorders if you are going to cycle, and giving blood is a Win-Win on cycle. Save another person's life, help protect your own life.

so is a raised RBC or raised hemocrat the only path that AAS exert the blood pressure increase?

How do you give blood while on, I'm quite sure ( i Live in the uk ) that if I pop into the doc and tell him I want to give blood because of my Deca/Test/Hgh cycle has raised my rbc/hemocrat level, he will show me the door!

Does Hgh have any responsibility in this debate?

I fully understand the impact of AAS on the blood, I wouldn't say I'm an MD. So how AAS impacts the the Heart or CV system outside of it's effects on the blood I can't say. Don't know about how to give blood in the UK, here it's simple, you walk into a blood bank and say "here to give blood".

so is a raised RBC or raised hemocrat the only path that AAS exert the blood pressure increase?

How do you give blood while on, I'm quite sure ( i Live in the uk ) that if I pop into the doc and tell him I want to give blood because of my Deca/Test/Hgh cycle has raised my rbc/hemocrat level, he will show me the door!

Does Hgh have any responsibility in this debate?

Well, one thig that it does that can have a great impact on BP is cause water retention which raises your blood volume and that will increase BP.

I think it may also affect angiotensin levels or other hormones that affect the smooth muscle walls of arteries, but Im not sure about that and too lazy right now to research!

AAS definitely raise BP through a plethora of different mechanisms, and taking care of one factor will not cover the others.

I used to have slightly high bp when natural, around 135/85 or so, and when I was on AAS it would get significantly higher. I finally went on Benicar which is an ARB (angiotensin receptor blocker) and my BP was always around 120/75 or so no matter what AAS I was running. I think anyone that has even boarderline high bp should see a doc and get a professional opinion. Even if youre only on AAS half the time or less it is not healthy to let your body suffer high BP during that time. Having high BP 6 months out of the year is enough to cause long term health consequences.

Great post guys, really appreciate the great info and the warnings, as for me I am 47 years old, been using gear at moderate amounts and short cycles for nearly 15 years,and never had a DNA test done, however my blood work is always spot on, I am blessed to come from a line of very healthy individuals with practicly no history of any desease. My question to you guys is , Do you guys that this is something hereditary? or just an individual thing? Thanks and God bless you. Minister.

Great post guys, really appreciate the great info and the warnings, as for me I am 47 years old, been using gear at moderate amounts and short cycles for nearly 15 years,and never had a DNA test done, however my blood work is always spot on, I am blessed to come from a line of very healthy individuals with practicly no history of any desease. My question to you guys is , Do you guys that this is something hereditary? or just an individual thing? Thanks and God bless you. Minister.

Its hereditary. YOu cannot assume though that its not in your family just because nobody has ever had a clot. Most people, from what I have read, can live their entire lives with the trait and never know it. The probability of having factor 2 I know is aoubt 3% if youre white. SOme of the other traits are more common.

There are also so many things that can go wrong when you do AAS. Blood clotting via a genetic trait is just one possibility out of many.

i all seams to beg the question, is there a safe way to take your supps, and it seems to me that you would have to have a massive amount tests for genetic predisposition, existing and potential blood disorders etc.

it would be interesting to have some hard facts about the rates of heart problems in our group compared to a control, but the chances are the general public and that healthy to use as a control!

Is there any research supporting your claim that aas use contributed to your health problems?

Is there any research supporting your claim that aas use contributed to your health problems?

There is plenty in this thread. If you want more go do your own Google search.

i all seams to beg the question, is there a safe way to take your supps, and it seems to me that you would have to have a massive amount tests for genetic predisposition, existing and potential blood disorders etc.

it would be interesting to have some hard facts about the rates of heart problems in our group compared to a control, but the chances are the general public and that healthy to use as a control!

Take this test if you want to make sure you don't have a clotting disorder:

Abnormal Bleeding Profile - Private MD

Its hereditary. YOu cannot assume though that its not in your family just because nobody has ever had a clot. Most people, from what I have read, can live their entire lives with the trait and never know it. The probability of having factor 2 I know is aoubt 3% if youre white. SOme of the other traits are more common.

There are also so many things that can go wrong when you do AAS. Blood clotting via a genetic trait is just one possibility out of many.

I have Factor 5 blood disorder, so I ask my 29 year old son the have blood test for Factor 5 blood disorder to see if he has it, the result is back and he is positiv for Factor 5. He is not in bodybuiding, now because we now, we will udjust his lifestyle.

Yes it IS hereditary. Once we found I had it, the Doc told me it was very important for my 5 sisters and 1 brother be tested. Results are pending. If anyone in your family has ever had a blood disorder, stroke, heart attack, pulmonary embolism, blood clot in legs (most common) or other places, CONSIDER YOURSELF AT VERY HIGH RISK.

I have Factor 5 blood disorder, so I ask my 29 year old son the have blood test for Factor 5 blood disorder to see if he has it, the result is back and he is positiv for Factor 5. He is not in bodybuiding, now because we now, we will udjust his lifestyle.

Do you know if you are heterozygous or homozygous for the trait? I am heterozygous for prothrombin which means I have just one chromosome that is abonormal and the other is normal. Most of us I would guess are hetero, and its rare to be homozygous. I know with prothrombin disorder if youre homozygous your chances of getting a clot are much much higher than if you were hetero.

Emeric, Is there an actual treatment for this or is it simply life style changes? Just wondering since I assume this is something encoded in your DNA, I don't know if it can be altered. God bless you friend. Minister.

There are treatments, however there aren't any cures.

For example, I have JAK2. JAK2 is it is a condition whereby you have a disorder of an enzyme responsible for controlling your blood's production of RBC, WBC, and Platelets. In me, the enzyme is triggering an overproduction of Platelets constantly. These Platelets will always be flooding my veins. The treatment is generic, give me blood thinners, and drugs that help inhibit those Platelets from sticking together. A cure would be something that would directly impact the enzyme problem and get it to stop overproducing Platelets.

Since I am suffering 3 disorders, there are a flood of issues with my blood, and a generic treatment is far from a guaranteed safety net. When it comes to blood, it is surprising to say we are in the dark ages as far as catching up to the problem and producing cures. JAK2, again for example, was only discovered in 2006.

To stress the gravity of these issues, even beyond the realm of having a HA already, my Hematologist put it to me this way: "You could be a walking time bomb". Even with being on Plavix, Aspirin, Coumadin (the only blood treatments currently available), and a slew of other related Med's like ACE inhibitors, etc., my Doctor told me there is no way to know if I will be around another 4 days, or 40 years. That quote is with the understanding that I no longer am taking AAS. With AAS, the odds only get worse.

Hence this thread. I hope you lot will take this serious, and spread the word to people you know that also use AAS. If you do not, you could lose your life, or the life of someone you really care about.

Do you know if you are heterozygous or homozygous for the trait? I am heterozygous for prothrombin which means I have just one chromosome that is abonormal and the other is normal. Most of us I would guess are hetero, and its rare to be homozygous. I know with prothrombin disorder if youre homozygous your chances of getting a clot are much much higher than if you were hetero.

I am heterozygous also.

Emeric, Is there an actual treatment for this or is it simply life style changes? Just wondering since I assume this is something encoded in your DNA, I don't know if it can be altered. God bless you friend. Minister.

Probably you can`t altered, but you can live a normal life if you take care your health, first you need to eliminate fry foods, sugar,corn, eat more fresh fruits, vegis, healthy fats. Take Nattokinase, ( Aspirin, Cayenne extract Humanofort this 3 supplements will help to prevent you blood from gating sticky, Humanofort helps to lower the triglycerides in the blood also. Stay hidrated be active (sports). Don`t abuse hormones, take hormones for heath support only.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131