over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

AAS vs. Natural Hair Loss

• Thread starter Deleted member 106824
  • Start date
AAS does effect MPB and there is a way to know that I was in trouble. I am not sure it will work for everyone but I always had itching scalp when my hair was falling out at a faster rate. I never had receding hairline but my hair would just get thinner. I would only get that when I was on DHT's, especially Primo. Winstrol, mast, proviron or anavar didn't do much, but on Primo, man, I was scratching my head like a crackhead. It was itching constantly, my scalp seemed redder that usual (could be from itching and scratching) and my hair was everywhere. To this day, part of the scalp that was itching the most (right above my lobe in a middle) is thinner than the rest of the head to the point where I can see scalp through my hair and the rest of the head is like deep forest.

If you want to keep your hair and build some decent muscle use Deca, it converts to DHN instead of DHT (via the 5AR enzyme).

DHN is considerably weaker than DHT, just make sure you do not use Finasteride because it will stop the conversion to DHN.

I run NPP + low test cycles and don't lose much hair (am very susceptible). I use topical spiro and Nizoral as well.

My only concern with using finasteride only during cycle is that I have heard it's effects can be completely reversed once coming off it. So for instance if you would have lost 10% of your hair on a cycle but finasteride prevented it so you lost only 1% apparently if you come off the finasteride you will then pretty quickly lose that 10% anyway.

That is what I have read on a hair loss forum at least. I believe it had to do with something related to upregulation of receptors but it's been awhile since I read it.

So using Test cycles and finasteride you don't seem to have balded any quicker than before gear use? What lead to to use finasteride in the first place...noticed balding or more precautionary?

Not that I do this for others but as far as how good we look I think most would agree someone who is well built with good hair looks better than someone who is extremely well built who is bald lol.

I do plan on sticking to test + Eq. No nandrolone or orals though.
My hairline started receding before I ever did a cycle. I did a lot of research on how to protect my hair before I decided to do a cycle. Since starting finasteride and minoxidil while running test only I haven't noticed much if any damage to my hair. I don't have knowledge of upregulation of receptors. I do know if you take that stuff for a while to prevent hairloss and then stop, whatever was maintained will be lost. In my opinion if you take fin while on cycle I would think you would at least slow the progression of hairloss while on cycle but ultimately it will fall out wether you were on anabolics or not. I could be wrong, I haven't researched the upregulation you speak of because I don't plan on coming off fin any time soon.

If you want to keep your hair and build some decent muscle use Deca, it converts to DHN instead of DHT (via the 5AR enzyme).

DHN is considerably weaker than DHT, just make sure you do not use Finasteride because it will stop the conversion to DHN.

I run NPP + low test cycles and don't lose much hair (am very susceptible). I use topical spiro and Nizoral as well.

It seems like Deca is a good option for that, but I am concerned about it's side effects. Not the least of which being it apparently hardens blood vessels 11x more quickly than testosterone does....not good.

AAS does effect MPB and there is a way to know that I was in trouble. I am not sure it will work for everyone but I always had itching scalp when my hair was falling out at a faster rate. I never had receding hairline but my hair would just get thinner. I would only get that when I was on DHT's, especially Primo. Winstrol, mast, proviron or anavar didn't do much, but on Primo, man, I was scratching my head like a crackhead. It was itching constantly, my scalp seemed redder that usual (could be from itching and scratching) and my hair was everywhere. To this day, part of the scalp that was itching the most (right above my lobe in a middle) is thinner than the rest of the head to the point where I can see scalp through my hair and the rest of the head is like deep forest.

That itch is interesting. Not sure if it's completely related to baldness but I do know last year and this past summer my head was itching a lot more, particularly by the crown. It was mostly just when I was outside though so I figured it was the wind but it still bugged me a lot because it made me aware of that area and therefore made me think of the potential balding issue.

I will say that before reading this post I hadn't really thought about it in awhile so I guess it's gone down....or because I've been outside less in the cold lol.

My hairline started receding before I ever did a cycle. I did a lot of research on how to protect my hair before I decided to do a cycle. Since starting finasteride and minoxidil while running test only I haven't noticed much if any damage to my hair. I don't have knowledge of upregulation of receptors. I do know if you take that stuff for a while to prevent hairloss and then stop, whatever was maintained will be lost. In my opinion if you take fin while on cycle I would think you would at least slow the progression of hairloss while on cycle but ultimately it will fall out wether you were on anabolics or not. I could be wrong, I haven't researched the upregulation you speak of because I don't plan on coming off fin any time soon.

Right, yea, from what I've read too apparently whatever hair was prevented from falling out due to finasteride will just fall out once you stop it anyway.

Seems kind of like steroids...once you stop it you lose the benefits you would have gotten :\ in which case I'm not sure there would be any benefit to taking finasteride just on cycle since it seems like you may just lose everything you would have lost anyway once you come off of it. So I'd basically have to make a lifetime commitment to yet another drug :\

Dammit TT now my scalp is super itchy lol :banghead:

Dammit TT now my scalp is super itchy lol :banghead:

LOL Now you are aware of your breathing...

I always used Nizoral 2% shampoo but I am not sure if it helped to reduce baldness because I can't really measure how much I lost with Nizoral or without it but it was constant shedding while on DHT's. I also tried Minoxidil and Finasteride. Quit both of them right away. Mino didn't do shit, and Fina made me feel really crappy and then I read about nasty sides it brings about. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

I found out later that Tren doesn't cause any itching/shedding on my scalp and gives me same hardness as DHT's but tren has other down sides. Still loved it the most and always used 30mg of Mast Prop daily in most of my protocols. 30mg/day of Mast was max I could without shedding.

God Bless,

TT

LOL Now you are aware of your breathing...

I always used Nizoral 2% shampoo but I am not sure if it helped to reduce baldness because I can't really measure how much I lost with Nizoral or without it but it was constant shedding while on DHT's. I also tried Minoxidil and Finasteride. Quit both of them right away. Mino didn't do shit, and Fina made me feel really crappy and then I read about nasty sides it brings about. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

I found out later that Tren doesn't cause any itching/shedding on my scalp and gives me same hardness as DHT's but tren has other down sides. Still loved it the most and always used 30mg of Mast Prop daily in most of my protocols. 30mg/day of Mast was max I could without shedding.

God Bless,

TT

As mentioned I am going to up my nizoral usage to every day to see if that makes a difference, since 2x per week for the last 5 months hasn't seemed to do anything. But yea I wouldn't expect fina or nizoral to help with the shedding from any DHTs since they work either systemically or topically to reduce Test --> DHT conversion for the most part.

I've heard mixed things on minoxidil, never tried it myself.

It's a sick joke that one of the potential side effects of minoxidil and nizoral is hair loss. And for minoxidil, finasteride and I think even nizoral even for those who it does work for there can still be a shedding period which would be a complete mindfuck and make you have no idea if you should stop or continue.

When you were feeling crappy on the finasteride were you still taking Test?

As mentioned I am going to up my nizoral usage to every day to see if that makes a difference, since 2x per week for the last 5 months hasn't seemed to do anything. But yea I wouldn't expect fina or nizoral to help with the shedding from any DHTs since they work either systemically or topically to reduce Test --> DHT conversion for the most part.

I've heard mixed things on minoxidil, never tried it myself.

It's a sick joke that one of the potential side effects of minoxidil and nizoral is hair loss. And for minoxidil, finasteride and I think even nizoral even for those who it does work for there can still be a shedding period which would be a complete mindfuck and make you have no idea if you should stop or continue.

When you were feeling crappy on the finasteride were you still taking Test?

Yes I had test pretty much always at least 150mg. I also used HCG as part of my TRT and HCG always increases my sex drive but fina overpowered everything even caber. I had crazy depression too. I am an ex rec drug user and my neurotransmitters are very sensitive to the point where innocent herb supplement makes a big change in my mood and well being. Fina is at the top of that list.

as doesn't make you lose your hair. It actually just speeds up the process if it's in your genes. Sucks but u have to weigh out what's more important. Hair or muscles lol

Yes I had test pretty much always at least 150mg. I also used HCG as part of my TRT and HCG always increases my sex drive but fina overpowered everything even caber. I had crazy depression too. I am an ex rec drug user and my neurotransmitters are very sensitive to the point where innocent herb supplement makes a big change in my mood and well being. Fina is at the top of that list.

Gotcha. No personal history of depression for me but definitely some in my family so it would be something to look out for. Maybe I could try finasteride if I do notice significant balding and then assess as necessary.

Only issue with that though is that 1. apparently it can take 3-6 months to even notice if it's working and 2. some of the side effects can be permanent from what I've read so there's always that too...

In any case, in regards to my original post....it doesn't seem like there is any great way to tell if AAS is speeding up the process for me or not unless I happen to be able to notice a difference in the few weeks I am completely off, or in the time on TRT vs blasting. But so far I cannot say I've noticed besides potentially with Mast.

And the mind games continue....lol

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity