over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ab training

joos23

Sponsor Rep
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I train and and every other day. 10 minute circuit. What you guys think about on the days I usually don't do them, do 3 sets of crunches with incline leg raises? Core has always been my weakest. I know abs are made in the kitchen. I believe I am the type I have to have real low bf to make them all pop. Anyways, thoughts?

I train abs once a week with back.
Usually 3 sets planking as long as I can hold. (1 set straight, two other sets are side planks for obliques)
3 sets of arch and hollow till failure.
3 sets leg raises.

Sometimes I just do a 100 rep set of abmat sit-ups. That stuff still gets me.

I don’t really train them to “build” them, but more to keep my core tight to reduce back injury or back pain.
I believe abs are always working with heavy lifts anyway. My abs are pretty visible even when I’m higher up in body fat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
they are made in the gym, with direct training with weights

just like literally every other muscle

:rolleyes:

With the exception of this one. (which still needs to be trained, agreed)

But it's still made in the kitchen.

trust me, I am living proof that abs are NOT made in the kitchen lmao

was coached by Shelby, got straight peeled... had NO abs, because I had never really trained them directly.

I fell for the 'just deadlift and squat, bro' meme.. and I didn't have shit

now, after years of training em with heavy weights, I have big ass abs even though I'm currently fat as fuck.

Abs are just like everything else, those who cry out that they are made in the kitchen likely either have good abdominal response to stimulation and they grew through secondary activity easily. Myself, and many other need far more than secondary activation to make them grow lol. I’d train them, but not every day. Hit them hard as shit, give them a few days and let secondary activation on other days take care of the rest through making sure you activate your core. Then get peeled and fuck - profit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with Littleslice. Abs are BUILT in the gym and revealed through being lower body fat.

With My work, Core is King.
Always Stabalizing, turning, lifting and pushing.
With that said, after not training them directly this yr they were lagging from previous yrs.
1/2 hr once a week gets them large and in charge!
Cant forget...Oblique's and Intercostals either!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_6403.JPG
    IMG_6403.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Combination of Weight, cable and inclines. That being said if your body fat isnt low enough you wont see results. So do abs but don't bust you ass doing abs until you're 12% or lower.

I have a small Ab routine (10 mins) that I do in the morning and evening EVERY DAY and then ill kill them once a week. Right now im sitting at 13%bf cause I came back from a vacation last month where I ate desert every morning and night. Ive got abs popping now,, but at 11%bf they really pop. I have to agree about that 12% mark.. maybe its 14% for some.. if your bf is too high, its gonna be real hard to have abs you can appreciate. Training right is important, but ive never met someone fat.. eating pop tarts every day and sporting an 8 pack.

Every other day is what I prefer. They need to recover to grow just like any other body part.

trust me, I am living proof that abs are NOT made in the kitchen lmao

was coached by Shelby, got straight peeled... had NO abs, because I had never really trained them directly.

I fell for the 'just deadlift and squat, bro' meme.. and I didn't have shit

now, after years of training em with heavy weights, I have big ass abs even though I'm currently fat as fuck.

What kinda weighted stuff are you doing? I also used to be under that same assumption that all the other stuff I was doing was working my abs. Then I got down to 10% and only had a 4 pack and was blaming it on "stubborn fat" when it was more weak lower abs than stubborn fat.

That being said, the one thing I won't do is cable crunches. Every guy in the gym doing those looks like he's trying to suck his own dick. But I would like some advice on other weighted ab stuff.

What kinda weighted stuff are you doing? I also used to be under that same assumption that all the other stuff I was doing was working my abs. Then I got down to 10% and only had a 4 pack and was blaming it on "stubborn fat" when it was more weak lower abs than stubborn fat.

That being said, the one thing I won't do is cable crunches. Every guy in the gym doing those looks like he's trying to suck his own dick. But I would like some advice on other weighted ab stuff.

I like weighted leg raises

abs need heavy weight just like every other muscle

build em up, then shred with DNP :headbang:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236