over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Abdominal training = calorie burning during pre-contest prep

dr intensity

Registered
hi guys,
i was wondering about using abdominal training as a Calorie burner, during Pre-Contest, when i was in middle school, i remember i could do somewhat 500-750 crunches in an hour or so.

So any one of you have used it in place of the BORING TREADMILL?

Assuming the fact that "ONE Crunch" would certainly use more than one Calorie so if i do 500 crunches/every day, I would be burning 500+ Calories/session and burning 500 calories on a treadmill is ONE HARDCORE CARDIO/session work.

I HAVE NOT TRAINED ABS FOR LIKE 8-10 YEARS, CARDIO ON TREADMILL used to get the job done and during the contest time, abs were just fine. So this Idea never struck me....(i am pretty dumb...lol)

whats your take on it. In terms of effectiveness on Calorie burning during Pre-Contest.

would appreciate your input guys

Dr Intensity

Last edited:
hi guys,
i was wondering about using abdominal training as a Calorie burner, during Pre-Contest, when i was in middle school, i remember i could do somewhat 500-750 crunches in an hour or so.

So any one of you have used it in place of the BORING TREADMILL?

Assuming the fact that "ONE Crunch" would certainly use more than one Calorie so if i do 500 crunches/every day, I would be burning 500+ Calories/session and burning 500 calories on a treadmill is ONE HARDCORE CARDIO/session work.

I HAVE NOT TRAINED ABS FOR LIKE 8-10 YEARS, CARDIO ON TREADMILL used to get the job done and during the contest time, abs were just fine. So this Idea never struck me....(i am pretty dumb...lol)

whats your take on it. In terms of effectiveness on Calorie burning during Pre-Contest.

would appreciate your input guys

Dr Intensity

Bro! I thought everyone was parroting bboy when they said u overthink things! If you spent just half of that energy on training youd already be at 6% again!!!!! Lol cmon dude finish that log I need some motivation

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Bro! I thought everyone was parroting bboy when they said u overthink things! If you spent just half of that energy on training youd already be at 6% again!!!!! Lol cmon dude finish that log I need some motivation

:D lmao........... yup! this time i will get that granite hard look

Serge Nubret

Honestly bro, I did a few searches for you and can't find it now- but I swear I read a post by Serge (on ironage or maybe even getbig) - himself claiming he did abs for an hour or so and it was his "cardio" too.

I don't believe a lot of these genetic freaks though- he ate 5 lbs of horse meat a day blah blah blah...

Just do what works for you- watch the mirror and see how your pants fit.

EDIT: I think this is the "Serge" thread I saw his crazy abs routine in- I'm still searching- not that it will help you, just for my curiousity at this point LOL

at the bottom of page 18 he talks about doing abs continuously for an hour...

**broken link removed**

Last edited:

yeah but typing long posts also burns calories, maybe 1 calorie per sentence :) lol. as the other guy said it worked for serge, but imo there are better options for cardio. i dont know if with crunches you could go high enough with your heart beat. in all other cardio types you have the legs involved. the biggest muscle in the body thus the body metabolism increase/calorie burning will be greater. and cardio is not just for fat burning, it is also for heart health, you need to get the pusle up and keep it there for some time.

over training your core much , sounds pretty silly to me

I would worry about all that spinal flexion leading to back problems...the spine isn't really supposed to move under load, and doing that many reps over time just sounds like a recipe for injury.

Try it though....if it doesn't hurt, you might just be on to something!

Honestly bro, I did a few searches for you and can't find it now- but I swear I read a post by Serge (on ironage or maybe even getbig) - himself claiming he did abs for an hour or so and it was his "cardio" too.

I don't believe a lot of these genetic freaks though- he ate 5 lbs of horse meat a day blah blah blah...

Just do what works for you- watch the mirror and see how your pants fit.

EDIT: I think this is the "Serge" thread I saw his crazy abs routine in- I'm still searching- not that it will help you, just for my curiousity at this point LOL

at the bottom of page 18 he talks about doing abs continuously for an hour...

**broken link removed**

thanks alot bro !

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear