over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

? about 1980s national level scene

Jeremy24

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
for those who were around for this ear of BB, was gh pretty prevelant? Seems like it would have been very expensive for an amatuer to get their hands on and afford.

I was watching some old national level shows from then and they were some fantastic pyhsiques.

The hgh back then had to be refrigerated from inception til it entered your body. It was ultra fragile and expensive. I had a friend who was a medical doctor and he showed me what he paid for humatrope. It cost him $9 an iu and he sold it to me for $11 an iu. This was in the mid '90's. In the 80's, forget about it.

The hgh back then had to be refrigerated from inception til it entered your body. It was ultra fragile and expensive. I had a friend who was a medical doctor and he showed me what he paid for humatrope. It cost him $9 an iu and he sold it to me for $11 an iu. This was in the mid '90's. In the 80's, forget about it.

Too bad rips weren't around:D

This was in the mid '90's. In the 80's, forget about it.
[lang=de]Bob Paris describes his first GH use in the 80's ...guess it was '87. It's outlined in his book. He refers to it as a game changer.[/lang]

GH in the 80's was hard to get hold of for the average person. It was very expensive too. It was not floating around like you see it now. There were no generics, all pharmacy.

There was also no synthetic GH, it was all the real mccoy from human cadavers.

I was active in the upper levels of the sport, knew one of the most noteworthy guru's very well, and never knew anyone who had good, reliable access to it during the 80's.

They say

There was also no synthetic GH, it was all the real mccoy from human cadavers.

I was active in the upper levels of the sport, knew one of the most noteworthy guru's very well, and never knew anyone who had good, reliable access to it during the 80's.

Lyle Alzado took human gh.

Lyle Alzado took human gh.

Okay now for the real story. Protropin was approved in '85. By '87-'88 most every pro and top amateur I knew at the time were using small amounts of GH in the form of 192aa Protropin. Humatrope was approved in '87. By '89 people were using both but Protropin was still the most used due to cost and availability. GH was widely used and available from '87 on. Though in much smaller amounts obviously. No one I have ever known or heard of was ever able to obtain enough cadaver GH to make what would be considered a considerable difference.

Also, Lilly has always, to this day since approval, directed that Humatrope be stored refrigerated prior to and after reconstitution. It has nothing to do with the "GH back then" or whatever stupid crap he posted.

Rex.

Okay now for the real story. Protropin was approved in '85. By '87-'88 most every pro and top amateur I knew at the time were using small amounts of GH in the form of 192aa Protropin. Humatrope was approved in '87. By '89 people were using both but Protropin was still the most used due to cost and availability. GH was widely used and available from '87 on. Though in much smaller amounts obviously. No one I have ever known or heard of was ever able to obtain enough cadaver GH to make what would be considered a considerable difference.

Also, Lilly has always, to this day since approval, directed that Humatrope be stored refrigerated prior to and after reconstitution. It has nothing to do with the "GH back then" or whatever stupid crap he posted.

Rex.
Rex.
It's always a pleasure to read your posts as you speak with decades of knowledge and experience pretty much at the point of the golden age.

Can you elaborate a bit on the cycles and types of drugs the guys in the mid to late 80's were using. All I know is what I read in old books and magazine articles.
It certainly would be an interesting read.

Rex.

When u say small amounts 1-2 iu? Nothing like today's use? I was watching the 87 USA's and man there were some great pyshiques. Sure not as many shredded glutes but great physiques and large.

Rex.

It's always a pleasure to read your posts as you speak with decades of knowledge and experience pretty much at the point of the golden age.

Can you elaborate a bit on the cycles and types of drugs the guys in the mid to late 80's were using. All I know is what I read in old books and magazine articles.

It certainly would be an interesting read.

I'd be curious to know to as I've heard a lot of guys came off completely from what ice heard. Also heard some did 6 months on 6 months off or similar cycles

I always wanted to know what Vic Richards did..one of the biggest guys back then that didn't compete after 1992? ....cause all I saw him do was EAT..met him in 1994 or 1995 when he guest posed at the Kevin Levrone Classic in Glen burnie...went to a seminar at the old powerhouse gym he was weighed and bodyparts taped there
He was eating every 2 hours salad sized bowls of white rice and 4 -5 chicken breasts with salsa...

Bodybuilding.com - Victor Richards Pro Bodybuilding Profile.

Last edited:

Rex.
I was talking about the hgh that was available in the mid '90's, humatrope, saizen, protropin. It wasn't like today where you can leave your serostim on the shelf.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131