over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

? about H.I.T. leg training

- TBA -

Newbies
hi.
my workouts used to be more HIT, but over the last couple of years i have seen my work sets creep from 1 to 2, as well as the amount of excersises per bodypart.

i am going to start with one all-out set again, as i got my best gains this way, and it's great to assess progress.

what do you bros do for HIT leg training? do you do one all-out set of extentions, then a squat? or one leg press, then squat? or squat first, then something else?

also, BIG A does flyes for chest, but are they really a mass builder? i would rather do one set of incline presses, then one set of low-pec machine presses(?)

how often do you guys get an assist on a movement? i think that even one forced rep every week could lead to overtraining ... i usually go until i can't press the weight anymore, which is equiv to failure plus 1/4 rep?

thanks

- TBA - said:
hi.

how often do you guys get an assist on a movement? i think that even one forced rep every week could lead to overtraining

i wouldnt think so bro i switch from high volume one workout hit style the next on the volume day i do lots of sets all as far as i can go then forced reps sometimes up to 3 and lots of negatives too i think its all in what ya eat bro train big eat big

- TBA - said:
also, BIG A does flyes for chest, but are they really a mass builder? i would rather do one set of incline presses, then one set of low-pec machine presses(?)

how often do you guys get an assist on a movement? i think that even one forced rep every week could lead to overtraining ... i usually go until i can't press the weight anymore, which is equiv to failure plus 1/4 rep?

thanks

There is no such thing as shaping movements. Flyes certaily build A LOT of mass when you do them heavy.

Yep, that is failure. You reach failure when you can't complete a single rep by yourself anymore, no matter how hard you try.

Re: Re: ? about H.I.T. leg training

Big A said:

There is no such thing as shaping movements. Flyes certaily build A LOT of mass when you do them heavy.
no, i know that there isn't such a thing as shaping ... but i didn't know if the biomechanics of the chest responded as well to flyes as opposed to a pushing movement.

you don't overstretch at the bottom of the movement, do you? it would seem to make more sense to use more weight and not risk the overstretching.

Yep, that is failure. You reach failure when you can't complete a single rep by yourself anymore, no matter how hard you try.
good. i get mad at myself when i know that i mentally gave up before reaching failure.

how often do you incorporate negatives or a forced rep? i do ever once in a great while, but man, if i truly go to failure, i don't have ANYTHING left for a forced rep.

thanks again,

It's extremelly rare that I do a forced rep, but virtually all work sets are finished with a negative for that last rep that I couldn't finish.

My first movement is always a pressing movement, then the fyles. And I go very heavy in flyes, stretching at teh bottom but not so much that I can't lift heavy weight.

To answer the original question...

I recommend one 20 rep squat set for leg training. If you want to do two sets, then I recommend 1 set of 5rm squats, followed by one set of 20rm squats using a weight you can normally get 10-12 with. Are you familiar with 20 rep breathing squats? After one set of those, done right, you won't feel like you need to do anything else.

no such thing as a shapeing movement
well said im so glad to hear that from a pro when i say it people look crosseyed at me lol

forced reps ar ehorrible on the cns, either do drop sets or rest pause

Re: To answer the original question...

stevehnsn said:
Are you familiar with 20 rep breathing squats?

yeah ... get about 10-12 without resting, then do a rep or two at a time until you can get 20. i usually have to suck wind a few times between reps at that point.

Breathing squats usually are done with 2 or 3 DEEP breaths in between each rep, from the first rep, all the while never locking your kness (constant tension). By the 10th rep, your lungs will be on fire, the ribcage will feel like it's being stabbed and the legs will be shaking like jelly... and you still have 10 reps to go! :D

yikes, well, i guess i didn't know what breathing squats were. you must have to breathe on purpose between the first few reps?

i can high-bar squat 325 for 10, well below parallel and not resting between reps, and the last one is tough. what would you suggest starting with for 20-rep breathing squats?

thanks!!

Agreed that forced reps are hard on you. It's like making yourself lift weight with help that you wouldn't normally lift by yourself. I think that reps to failure with the last rep a negative is best. Take care.

patk

If you're using 325x10 for regular squats, consider using 275 for breathing squats. That may be too easy and you'll need to up it to 300 the next week. It may help you to get through a 20 rep squat set, if you do reps in pairs. Like do 4, stop, 3 deep breaths, 4 more, breaths, 4 more, breaths, then maybe drop to pairs, and you'll end up doing singles with three deep breaths between them for your last 3-5. If not, go heavier. These are not necessarily "breathing squats" because you don't pause and breathe between each rep, but they still hurt.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear