advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

About to start Inj L-Carnitine for first time, anything I should note?

NEMSZ

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Whats up guys?

So I’ll be starting inj L-Carnitine for the first time, are there any suggestions on how best to use it, what to expect etc?

I know there’s a long thread about it and I’ve read through it but so many people doing so many different things and different opinions.. Just looking for quick cliff notes from experienced users..

I plan on working my way up to 400-600mg per day.

I won’t be using insulin with it…

So what’s the consensus? Should I split the dosage? Take it preworkout/cardio with carbs? Taking it fasted ok?

I also noticed that in the Synthetine bottle there’s little floaters around in there, can’t make out what it is but is that normal?

Thanks in advance for any quick guidance…

1ml/55lbs

Are you injecting it? 1 or 2ml before exercise for me. 2-4ml/day. Floaters? How old is it? I have never noticed anything like that before so maybe someone else can chime in on that. I would wait before using it. I never drank it before.

Whats up guys?

So I’ll be starting inj L-Carnitine for the first time, are there any suggestions on how best to use it, what to expect etc?

I know there’s a long thread about it and I’ve read through it but so many people doing so many different things and different opinions.. Just looking for quick cliff notes from experienced users..

So what’s the consensus? Should I split the dosage? Take it preworkout/cardio with carbs? Taking it fasted ok?

I also noticed that in the Synthetine bottle there’s little floaters around in there, can’t make out what it is but is that normal?

Try heating and shaking. I think some of the l carn fell out of solution

1ml/55lbs

Are you injecting it? 1 or 2ml before exercise for me. 2-4ml/day. Floaters? How old is it? I have never noticed anything like that before so maybe someone else can chime in on that. I would wait before using it. I never drank it before.

Yes I’ll be injecting it.. So you’ll do 1-2ml before working out and then do another 1-2ml at another point in the day?

And yea, like some particles floating around in it when I shine a light on it to see through the bottle (it’s a dark amber bottle)

I literally just ordered it a couple weeks ago, I’ve had it maybe 2 weeks sitting on the kitchen counter..

Yea I don’t plan on drinking it at all..

Maybe @Synthetek can chime in on that?

Yes I’ll be injecting it.. So you’ll do 1-2ml before working out and then do another 1-2ml at another point in the day?

And yea, like some particles floating around in it when I shine a light on it to see through the bottle (it’s a dark amber bottle)

I literally just ordered it a couple weeks ago, I’ve had it maybe 2 weeks sitting on the kitchen counter..

Yea I don’t plan on drinking it at all..

Maybe @Synthetek can chime in on that?
Yeah, If it's a workout or cardio day, I'll inject 1 or 2 ml pre depending on length of exercise. Then I'll just do another ml before and maybe after. I usually don't do more that 3ml's a day. But a 270lb+ guy might. It dissipates clean and quick. But as a general rule, start off small and see. No probs, add another ml, etc. I find that works best with most stuff after the time I took two 500mg Niacin tablets and wound up the color of a lobster, itchy all over for 45 minutes.

Whats up guys?

There is nothing wrong with it so just use as normal. There is no set dose but the label recommendation is a good indicator. Basically anything over 1ml will work but for me 2ml is much better than 1ml and 3ml is much better than 2ml. Laws of diminishing returns start to come into play as you go higher in dose but it's highly effective at high doses. If I want to look my best I use around 4-5ml but your dosing plan looks fine and I would move up to 600mg (3ml) per day and see how you find that. I would use it before activity but as long as you dose it daily you will be gtg. You don't need to split up your dose. It's most effective in an insulinogenic state but it still works no matter what and approx 80% of the time I have used it I have done so preworkout after a standard meal and used no insulin. Now if you have insulin on hand taking 2-3iu with high dosed EAA's and glutamine would be fantastic but it's far from essential.

So far as I know it only matters to take it with carbs but when it does not matter cause it is only about lenght of usage to create saturation in the body and then you will get all the benefits.

I don't know how you guys are injecting this much. You must not be following the once a week per injection site rule? I'm on short esthers also so 2 shots a day is A LOT to me, and I dunno about doing much more than the 1.5 ml I do in a given shot (for the carn).

and I've stopped doing the carn subcutaneous because the lumps seem to stay around for a good long time

So far as I know it only matters to take it with carbs but when it does not matter cause it is only about lenght of usage to create saturation in the body and then you will get all the benefits.
How long until saturation occurs?....and would the length depends on dosage?

0:00 Intro
1:15 Scott’s l-carnitine review
5:00 Scott Stevenson is ready to dig into his L-Carnitine findings
5:45 What we know about l-carnitine
11:00 Does l carnitine help with fat loss and at what dose?
13:10 Bioavailability of L-Carnitine
17:15 L-Carnitine helps both low AND high thyroid?
32:30 Infrequent dosing to avoid thyroid side effects?
35:10 Out of 49 studies, no side effects were reported
39:20 L-carnitine and the androgen receptor
55:00 Should you take T3 If you use l-carnitine?

**There is WAY more info than what the time stamp titles display.

I don't know how you guys are injecting this much. You must not be following the once a week per injection site rule? I'm on short esthers also so 2 shots a day is A LOT to me, and I dunno about doing much more than the 1.5 ml I do in a given shot (for the carn).

and I've stopped doing the carn subcutaneous because the lumps seem to stay around for a good long time
So don't use it.

l carnitine is easily dissolved in water. Not sure what you’re seeing.

I do before and after with fast acting carbs. I think it’s effects are enhanced if you take lipotropics with it

0:00 Intro
1:15 Scott’s l-carnitine review
5:00 Scott Stevenson is ready to dig into his L-Carnitine findings
5:45 What we know about l-carnitine
11:00 Does l carnitine help with fat loss and at what dose?
13:10 Bioavailability of L-Carnitine
17:15 L-Carnitine helps both low AND high thyroid?
32:30 Infrequent dosing to avoid thyroid side effects?
35:10 Out of 49 studies, no side effects were reported
39:20 L-carnitine and the androgen receptor
55:00 Should you take T3 If you use l-carnitine?

**There is WAY more info than what the time stamp titles display.
wth. So there's one androgen receptor study and it's convoluted as fuck? That is not what Kikel says.

wth. So there's one androgen receptor study and it's convoluted as fuck? That is not what Kikel says.
I'm only aware of the single study out of Kraemer's lab looking specifically at androgen receptors and L-Carnitine supplementation.

Alex in his e-book admits that the study has issues, but doesn't delve into them with any specificity to my recollection. (Seemingly instead (?), to let the study speak for itself, he actually copied and pasted the entire discussion section - a couple pages worth - from the study itself and put it in his e-book...)

A two part article is coming out on John Meadows' site on L-Carn in the next few days where I dig into everything in the podcast and dissect the androgen study "of concern."

It could be worth it for folks who aren't members to sign up for a month (and get as much other stuff from the site of course) and then unsubscribe if they so choose to get a look-see at the article.

There's some VERY interesting, strongly suggestive literature out there on the negative effect L-Carn can have in blocking thyroid action (especially in cases of hyperthyroidism, or perhaps when T3 levels are on the high side, but a profound lack of direct evidence to help us clearly delineate a dose response curve and tease out the antagonistic effects of L-Carn and T3 in the context of varying thyroid status. (Far too much to re-iterate here, but that podcast covers some of the nooks n' crannies of the L-Carnitine rabbit hole. :)

-S

L-Carnitine upregulates androgen receptors, eh? I suppose I should request a refund for all of the years of advanced education and training I received in human biochemistry, molecular biology, genetics, and medicinal chemistry.

L-Carnitine upregulates androgen receptors, eh? I suppose I should request a refund for all of the years of advanced education and training I received in human biochemistry, molecular biology, genetics, and medicinal chemistry.

Then again, if it seems to be working, more power to you all.

Op how were your results?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner