over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Abs cramps/spams

insaned

Newbies
I've been working out for the last 10years, and always had worked out abs.
Last 2 years I was working out abs with weights 4x week, and never had a problem.
Yesterday I was working out abs, Inverted curls with 44lbs (same weight from years) and I had a huge cramp, not the cramps that you have when running without enough oxygenation, but like spasms in my right lower abs section, muscle contracting in involuntary movements and hurting like shit. I had to put myself on knees and wait some 10min.. Iwas feeling that my abs were being ripped apart.
Today I tried to do some bodyweight flat crunch, and after finished I was about to sit in a bench during rest, and got the same spams, but now on the left lower ab section.

I know some lack of potassium/magnesium could be cause, but this seems to be too excessive to be just lack of this minerals. Sodium I think I feed myself with enough per day.

Any ideas?

Albion chelated magnesium always works for me. Also inadequate hydration can cause cramping. If you were low carbing or drinking a caffeinated drink you could have been dehydrated. Taurine helps to decrease cramping and is heart healthy.

I have had that happen. Usually if i take a little time off from doing abs, when i do them again my lower abs will cramp and get tight like a rock. It hurts like crazy and i need to try and stand up straight to stretch it out... It sucks and once it happens my ab workout is over.

Its hard to predict sometimes why you are dehydrated, sometimes it just sneaks up on you. Get some electrolytes in you and drink a ton of water for a few days. If it happens again after that then it might be some other problem.

Happens to me when I hit abs really hard and only when I am on cycle. I've actually had it drop me to the ground in the fetal position.

Stretching is the only thing that's ever helped. Especially during the spasm as they can be borderline excruciating.

Lay flat and push up on your arms with your pelvis on the ground. Hyper extend your back.

Electrolites, I had this issue 2 summers ago.
@ gallons of water a day flushed out all electrolites.

I thought possible hernia a few times till one day all my abs started cramping ,jumping around like a type writer.
Laughing was the worst trigger.

Great abb workout, 1 minute of cramping and abbs are blasted.lol

Last edited:
One thing that helped me was increasing zinc/magnesium while decreasing supplemental calcium. Since muscle contraction is highly regulated by calcium this could become an issue if supplementing excessive calcium.

This in addition to increased water intake as well as addition of electrolytes should do the trick.

Thanks for advices guys

I'm on cycle now for a few time. It is quite strange it only started to happen now.. However i lowered the abs workouts from 4x week to 1x week.. It is a bit strange that it causes this but maybe i try to increase frequency again!
I'm supplementing zinc and magnesium but not calcium, because i think i get enough from food sources!
The shit of this is that it ruins completely the abs workout...
It's winter now and usually I am hydrating myself during workout, i though it could be bad warm up since now is colder but the flat crunch were really soft abs and i was using them to warm up until it trigger it again!

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws