over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Abscess in Glute - Opinions please

Wannaberipped2

Registered
On Monday 17th April, I administered 1.5ml of Test E from a new Vial in my left Glute. By Tuesday I was feeling really off, fatigued, weak and a little dizzy. My glute was hurting, I knew something was up, so I started taking Amoxycilin 500mg (2000mg daily) by Wednesday It was swollen and hurting, very red. Obviously, I was very worried and disappointed that this has happened as I knew about surgery and the size of the wound after, and the fact they pack it daily, I just was devastated this was could be the end result.
On Thursday I decided to use a syringe and see what was in there, hoping for blood, but what my Mrs syringed out was 4.5ml of puss …. Overnight was the worst pain I had with this, and Friday I went to A&E, she looked at it and said that’s surgery! And I should go that night and take an overnight bag…
This was the absolute worse news to hear. But something felt better towards the end of the day, I was still taking the anti-biotics, I didn’t go that night, as I just felt much better,

Saturday night we drained some more, and it was just blood, no puss this time…..
Sunday – Redness and swelling gone down, no real pain…
And now it has almost gone, visually nothing to see, no redness, no swelling, I feel fine….

Can the abscess heal like this on it’s own, with help of anti-biotics? Did draining the puss, help, and anything left over would have been killed by anti-biotics?

Or Am I missing something and something could still be up?

Don't play around too long with this infection. I have treated many patients with these types of abscesses. At this point, I would recommend that you call your doctor and ask to be seen again. Ask them to order an imaging study, preferably and MRI, if appropriate. You need to make sure that all infection is gone from the entire wound area. My experience is that the oral antibiotics that you have taken may not be sufficient to eliminate the infection...they may knock it down to the point where it's not as swollen or painful. The pathogen may remain in an isolated area of joint tissue or bone and come roaring back later...sometimes many months later. More than likely, you will need IV antibiotics that are effective on whatever pathogen they find...possibly MRSA...sometimes needs multiple IV antibiotics.

I have a huge scar and dent in my left ass cheak due to a retarded fucking foreign dr in a fod forsaken third world country thinking oral antibiotics could heal it.

Same as you , drained it , took high dose antibiotics two different ones at the same time. Swelling went down pain subsidies then three days later it blew back up.
emergency surgery for an "I and D" that turned into a significant amount of tissue being removed , followed by 10 days carrying around a wound vac then 3 weeks of having to pack it twice a day.

Take you ass to a dr man

I have a huge scar and dent in my left ass cheak due to a retarded fucking foreign dr in a fod forsaken third world country thinking oral antibiotics could heal it.

Same as you , drained it , took high dose antibiotics two different ones at the same time. Swelling went down pain subsidies then three days later it blew back up.

emergency surgery for an "I and D" that turned into a significant amount of tissue being removed , followed by 10 days carrying around a wound vac then 3 weeks of having to pack it twice a day.

Take you ass to a dr man

Didn't mean to quote Gunsmith but here are my experiences.
THIS IS NOT MEDICAL ADVICE ONLY MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.

I've had two intramuscular infections first in the glute and second in the pec. First one I tried numerous types of antibiotics from docs and a nurse friend. Infection would get better than worse back n forth for couple months until finally it swelled so big it looked like a medium sized football and pain was just ridiculous n I had surgery. They removed infection n installed three rubber tubes (drains). It healed in a week n half. No dent in the glute or anything noticeable except the three scars from the drains.

Second infection was in pec and money was tight so I researched and found that these types of infections are usually from certain strain of virus and low and behold penicillin was very strong against this strain. Went to tractor supply store that carried vet antibiotics. Bought bottle of liquid penicillin and researched the usual doses for animals my weight and began injections.
Before starting the penicillin I'd drawn out over 20 ccs (yes you read that right) of pus from the site using 18 gauge needles. Each time the puss was very thick.
The second day after starting penicillin I drew out more puss n noticed it was thinner.
Fourth day when I drained it was mix of blood and puss and was super thin. The size of swelling had decreased by half.
End of the week I drained the last 5 ccs of fluid out which was now around 80% blood.
The swelling was gone, no pain etc..
I continued the penicillin injections for another week to make sure and that was that.
The biggest challenge was learning how to get the penicillin to flow through insulin needle for the subcutaneous injections because it's in a suspension form and would clog easily.

This worked for me but again this IS NOT MEDICAL ADVICE just what I experienced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take you ass to a dr man

Man, I had one of those for a long time after I was shot. An absolute God send!!! My reconstructive plastic surgeon used my "case" during his presentations around the country and globe. He's highly respected in the field, Bhupinder Rai Gupta in Lake Mary, FL
That guy saved my leg from having to be amputated! The ER docs would've cut it off, but called him as they knew he could save it and they didn't want to even attempt, thank God!

a few mls of puss is a good thing....

ive stuck a syringe in one before....and it had so much
pressure in it....it shot the plunger out....and sprayed black..

I would say about 100mls....

smelled like a dead body...

denkall t400....the good ol'days.

:(

I pulled 20ml blood and puss out my Delt once.
It wasn't red, warm to touch or any sign of it being infected. Just an ugly big ball in the muscle.

Be safe. this is the risk we have to take.

Keep watching the site; any more symptoms and you should go to the ED right away. if it got worse; and you never took care of it; you could get septic or it could turn into a Necrotizing fasciitis..

I had to code a patient in the ED Waiting room that had flesh eating bacteria that spread badly in his body, he didn't make it.

It wasn't red, warm to touch or any sign of it being infected. Just an ugly big ball in the muscle.

Keep watching the site; any more symptoms and you should go to the ED right away. if it got worse; and you never took care of it; you could get septic or it could turn into a Necrotizing fasciitis..

I had to code a patient in the ED Waiting room that had flesh eating bacteria that spread badly in his body, he didn't make it.

Very true... consistent high fever, pitting edema (google it) and other symptoms are signs that you are possibly going septic (blood poisoning)

Not gonna lie the first time I had pitting edema towards the end n I was scared as hell n rushed to get surgery done

Second time I didn't wait n as soon as swelling started to hold heat I started googling n researching

If I hadn't experienced progress with the penicillin shots I would've bit the bullet n went to urgent care

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had that MRSA shit.... it sucked

Okay, we see you're online.

Did you go back to the doc or not? Don't mess around with this sort of thing. It may have improved due to the antibiotics but can come back with a vengeance.

Don't play around too long with this infection. I have treated many patients with these types of abscesses. At this point, I would recommend that you call your doctor and ask to be seen again. Ask them to order an imaging study, preferably and MRI, if appropriate. You need to make sure that all infection is gone from the entire wound area. My experience is that the oral antibiotics that you have taken may not be sufficient to eliminate the infection...they may knock it down to the point where it's not as swollen or painful. The pathogen may remain in an isolated area of joint tissue or bone and come roaring back later...sometimes many months later. More than likely, you will need IV antibiotics that are effective on whatever pathogen they find...possibly MRSA...sometimes needs multiple IV antibiotics.

I would probably listen to this guy, he sounds like a doctor..

Are you a doctor or nurse?

once you have it bro.. sadly it will always come back

thats a fact , my wife is a "carrier" but has never had and actually infection , apparently thats a common thing with nurses and hospital staff

I'll just add that I had the same thing happen to me and oral antibiotics did nothing. I too felt better after a bit as the fever went away etc but the infection was still there. The doctor I was seeing tried to avoid surgery but in the end that is the only thing that would get rid of it. They have to go in and debride the wound. I too have a divot in my ass now, but its not really big. The longer you wait the bigger that divot is going to be as the infection claims more tissue.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws