over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

accident today

asteelz

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
got into a bad car accident yesterday morning on my way home from work at 5 am, had to swerve to avoide a deer and ended up in a stone wall at someones front yard. fractured my l3 and l4 vertebrae and compressed the l4 down to 50% normal size. as well shattered the bone in my left hand behind my ring finger, its kinda cool you can see the part of bone but its in the totally wrong place. got a brace, some percs and valium ,and 3 days of bed rest. back to gym for light lifting next week, work starting Monday. doc couldn't believe I was up and walking around but he is a puss and doesn't understand a bodybuilder's fucked up head.

Haha ur crazy!!! I hate missing a gym sesh even if u are injured. Dnt know if im hardcore enough to go bak as soon as u after that

pretty hardcore bro. Its hard to rest but sometimes rest is the best thing. Just be careful bro and dont injure yourself worse by doing too much

got into a bad car accident yesterday morning on my way home from work at 5 am, had to swerve to avoide a deer and ended up in a stone wall at someones front yard. fractured my l3 and l4 vertebrae and compressed the l4 down to 50% normal size. as well shattered the bone in my left hand behind my ring finger, its kinda cool you can see the part of bone but its in the totally wrong place. got a brace, some percs and valium ,and 3 days of bed rest. back to gym for light lifting next week, work starting Monday. doc couldn't believe I was up and walking around but he is a puss and doesn't understand a bodybuilder's fucked up head.

I am sorry about your accident.
I had a similar occurrence recently and after 30 stitches in my skull I was back in the gym in a few days as well, I shouldn't have but I couldn't resist.

side note: I was told I almost died from loss of blood but one of the members here said that's not possible

Thankfully you are still with us. Best of luck with a speedy recovery..

It sounds like it could have been a whole lot worse. I'm glad you are ok.. If I couldn't go to the gym everyday, I'd go crazy, so I feel your pain(well not the actually physical pain)

Good thing you're ok. I had something similar happen little over a year ago, only I broke t3 and t4 and ripped my spleen open. I was back lifting in about 3 months, then back to normal lifting about 6 months after. Probably not the best idea - an injury that could take up to a year to heal fully is still not healed and still flares up real bad on occasion. You don't want to head too far down that opiate path - trust me. One thing I found that helped tremendously was arnica gel.

Take it easy, bro. I wouldn't call the doc a pussy because he's trying to give you safe advice. Fractured vertebra is no joke and I'm sure you want to hit the gym ASAP, but just remember that you're on pain meds right now and obviously can't feel the pain as extreme which means you most likely can't feel how badly you're injured. I'm not trying to preach or tell you what to do, I'd just hate to see you further injure yourself and suffer for the rest of your life. Back injuries are no joke and I'm sure you'll have some type of injury from this point on so just be smart. Taking a few extra weeks off could make the difference in the long run, buddy.

Hope you make a full and speedy recovery! :cool:

Take it slow my friend! Keep moving but don't over do it. Take it from somebody who's had chronic neck and back issues for 28 years!!...Let your injuries heal properly...Chronic pain is hard to live with!! I hope your injuries heal to near perfect!!

I am sorry about your accident.
I had a similar occurrence recently and after 30 stitches in my skull I was back in the gym in a few days as well, I shouldn't have but I couldn't resist.

side note: I was told I almost died from loss of blood but one of the members here said that's not possible

You have to be very careful lifting with two fractured vertebrae. Deadlift and squat could worsen the problem.

PeterBobJohn.....How many units of blood did they transfuse you? I agree with your statement that you almost died because you ran through a brick wall at high speed, but not via blood loss.

You have to be very careful lifting with two fractured vertebrae. Deadlift and squat could worsen the problem.

PeterBobJohn.....How many units of blood did they transfuse you? I agree with your statement that you almost died because you ran through a brick wall at high speed, but not via blood loss.

Thank you, which was my point too. I'm the member that he's crying about AGAIN. Just ignore him bc it's obvious that he's seeking attention in the worst way. This is the second thread in two days that he has called me out in. The worst part is that he's doing it in other people's threads. I've asked him to PM me if he has a problem, but he has yet to do it.

Asteelz, sorry that your thread has been junked up by this guys beef with me.

Dude you need to rest for a couple weeks at least. Would you rather be out a couple weeks or a couple months because you just wrecked your body further by going back to the gym too soon?

Last edited:
To further add to what medic and 360 said - Not only does the pain medicine affect your sense of pain, but it also hinders you in the weight room - even if you haven't had any in hours, it's hard neigh impossible to lift with the intensity that you need.

One thing that killed me, believe it or not, was just regular flat bench press. Squats didn't feel so nice either, and deads were ok at best - but bench just tore my back to pieces.

the pain meds they gave me are not doing anything . I have a past heroin habit so the percocets really have no effect, ive been icing a lot and wearing a body brace. thinking I wont be lifting for 2 weeks, as today I am much worse than yesterday. thank you all for the concern and kind words, I do intend to resume my training in a timely manner but only if my body permits it.

Heal up quick bro. Be back in action in no time

Wow I'm thinking ill be ready to lift in a month or two after wrecking my bike. Didnt break anything but badly swollen and bruised. You better rest up brother not worth making it worse

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131