over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

accutane and steroids- need help

diskey

Registered
hI!

I've got everything set for my little cutting cycle of 150mg prop eod for 10 weeks (2nd cycle total).

But after my bulk cycle in the autumn my acne got pretty bad while on pct, I went to a dermologist some days ago to ask what he thougt about it. He prescribed me accutane and said I had some of the worst sort of acne, -cystich, big painful zits. I've had problems with acne since I was 13 and I'm now 20, I've tryed many milder prescription drugs before without any good results. It's just my back and shoulders that are a problem, I don't get many in the face.

What I'm wondering about is if I should stay away from the prop while using accutane ? I've been prescribed 80mg daily for 5 months, a typical cycle. But if I don't use any anabolics in this time I think I probably will loose much muscle in the spring and I neither want that. I'm quite puffy now and I would like to cut soon.

What do you think about using steroids while on this drug? I don't talk about the side-effects just if it a waste since steroids cause acne. My derm told me I had to stay away from high protein diets and steroids while I used accu, or the zits would come back, but it really sounded like he had very litte experience with this type of cases. I actually had much less zits while on my bulking cycle but in pct with clomid it braked out.

I'm about 17% bf now and I would like to get down to 10% perhaps. Could it be wise to do the cutting cyle now and start the accu cycle afterwards and stay of until august ? Or do the opposite?! I'm sitting here now with the accu on the left side of my pc and the prop on the right. But I can't figure out what to start with or if I could start both .....:(

I'm specially wondering about if there is anyone here that has done an accutane cycle and got rid of the acne and then has done steroid cycles afterwards. Have the acne come back ?

no dude take it you will be fine. just make sure your follow a few steps, also taking it with juice will still stop the acne. accutane totally shuts downt the production of a few different glands i believe that produce the puss that causes infected zits and cysts.

make sure you keep a pretty good diet with some good fats in it. steroids and accutane both lower HDL's and raise oyur LDL's so you need to make sure your diet is pretty decent.

try to stay off the oral steroids for your liver. i know my derm. says its rough on the kidneys also, but ihave been taking tren w/out any negative sides, just drinking plenty of water.

and of course bloodwork, which your doc will do every month to make sure everything is in check. good luck and make sure you have plenty of vaseline for your lips, chapstick wont cut it, plenty of lotion for your face and skin. and vaseline or somethign for your nose.. everyday im picking out blood boogers..lol but ive only had one nose bleed. its really not all that bad.

Good luck,

Todd

Got Juice said:
no dude take it you will be fine. just make sure your follow a few steps, also taking it with juice will still stop the acne. accutane totally shuts downt the production of a few different glands i believe that produce the puss that causes infected zits and cysts.

make sure you keep a pretty good diet with some good fats in it. steroids and accutane both lower HDL's and raise oyur LDL's so you need to make sure your diet is pretty decent.

try to stay off the oral steroids for your liver. i know my derm. says its rough on the kidneys also, but ihave been taking tren w/out any negative sides, just drinking plenty of water.

and of course bloodwork, which your doc will do every month to make sure everything is in check. good luck and make sure you have plenty of vaseline for your lips, chapstick wont cut it, plenty of lotion for your face and skin. and vaseline or somethign for your nose.. everyday im picking out blood boogers..lol but ive only had one nose bleed. its really not all that bad.

Good luck,

Todd

thx. I'm planning to do a typical high protein diet with gradually droppping carbs and no fat. But maybe I should inculde some fat
then.

What is your own experience history with accutane ?

----

Anyone else has any opinions ?

Got Juice is totally right, I've been on accutane for 4 months so far while on aas and it's all good! I have the same type of acne as you and ALL of it is gone from my back, I haven't had one since! Plus the ones from my forhead are gone too. I only get a few pretty rarely on my chin or side of the face, but that just when starting or finishing a cycle due to the drastic hormonal changes.

diskey said:

thx. I'm planning to do a typical high protein diet with gradually droppping carbs and no fat. But maybe I should inculde some fat
then.

What is your own experience history with accutane ?

----

Anyone else has any opinions ?

So far so good, i have noticed great improvements on my back and shoulders, which were the problem areas for me. the thing that takes a while is for your pigment to get your skin back to the normal color. mine looks a little reddish from where i had acne. but hopefully in a few more months it will be alomst 100%.

Later,

Todd

I surfed a little yesterday to find out more about this and I came over these two interesting posts at the bodybuilding.com forum under the steroid section. Plz tell me what you think!

ctgblue (moderator) wrote:

Having been on accutane AND Test
I can tell you that as little as 500mg of test EOW had enough of an effect as to keep the accutane from working for almost 5 months. I mean NO noticeable effect. This is the same answer I've gotten from 95% of people I've discussed this with who needed it (not just people who are trying to minimize effects of a cycle)
If you want a permanent solution:
Do the 6 months of accutane FIRST then wait a couple of months and start your cycle.

HUGE difference, this is the same with MOST people who need accutane. Others are the exception to the rule.
The only way to know for sure that it will work is to do them separately.
It's an expensive drug so do it right and get the most out of it. Also make your first cycle out of it an "injectable only" cycle.
Accutane is not nice to the liver so give yourself several months before doing any orals.
Be safe, be sure, do them separately, get the results you want.

CaptainSwole (Senior member) wrote :

ok here is the quick version because ive typed this like 10 times on each board..... im a accutane GURU...believe me

my advice is this....if you have bad acne and its on your chest and back shoulders etc....then i would do this, do 5-6 months of accutane straight no JUICE...yes NO juice....because to get the full effects of accutane u need to kill the sebum glands....and if you juice (which make the sebum glands overactive) you are coutering out the effects of accutane...which means less results while on the accutane and less results in the future...dosage is weight dependant....and also slightly on how bad the acne is...

if you got a 10 out of 10 bad acne and weight over 220 lbs then u need 120 mgs ED for 6 months....your 1st month may be 80 mgs per day

if you got a 5 out of 10 acne and weight over 220 then u can get away with 80 mgs ED for 5-6 months

if you got a 10 out of 10 bad acne and weight under 200 lbs then u need 80 mgs ED for 6 months....your 1st month may be 60 mgs per day

if you got a 5 out of 10 bad acne and weight under 200 lbs then u need 60 mgs ED for 6 months....your 1st month may be 40 mgs per day

these are approximations, everyone is a little different

you should not juice because it will and can really phuk up the liver, besides it increases your chances of the acne comming back in the future, hence u just wasted some good accutane

1. in the studies on accutane 2 things came out crystal clear...if you do not do it long enough (4-8 months) then there is a good chance u will have to do accutane again (esp if your a juicer) because u didnt kill the sebum glands...u just pist them off and dried your skin out...thats why they tell u to stay on it even when ur skin clears up...because in order for it to work right, u must not just dry the skin out, u must kill the sebum glands

2. 2nd thing from the studies on it....if you do not do enough of a high dosage then there is a good chance u will have to do accutane again (esp if your a juicer) because u didnt kill the sebum glands...u just pist them off and dried your skin out...thats why they tell u to stay on it even when ur skin clears up...because in order for it to work right, u must not just dry the skin out, u must kill the sebum glands...with accutane MORE IS BETTER...this is not so for most drugs...but with ACCUTANE MORE IS BETTER...to a point dont go crazy and do 180 mgs when u could do 120 mgs....u must dose it just right and to be on the safe side up the dosage 20mgs for a while...then back down....

3. get blood work done ASAP and while on it every month...

4. TAKE ALPHA LIPOIC ACID @ 1000mg per day
possibly take milk thistle as well but definately Alpha lipoic acid

if you do 1,2,3,4 and not juice then u will get 100% great results from accutane and you will thank me 2 years from now when u are on 1 g of sust, 50 mgs dbol, 400 mgs EQ...and then finish with 6 weeks of winny and u WERE ACNE FREE FOR THE WHOLE CYCLE AND EVEN POST CYCLE.... do it right, be smart....and u wont regret it

accutane is 6 months of hell, dry chapped lips and rashes and dandruff, bloody noses, but WELL WORTH IT....

IMHO - As hard as accutane is on liver (much harder than any 17aa AAS), I'd wait until you're done with accutane. Why "chance it?"

You may want to try Nolva for post cycle as an alternative to Clomid. I haven't tried this yet, but I know it's worked well for others.

xcel

I'm more or less made up my mind. I was just about to start a cutting cycle when I got this accutane prescribtion just some days before I planned to start. I think I gonna run the cutting cycle now for 2,5 months do pct then wait some weeks, like in middle of April or something and then start accutane. Just hoping that I can pretty maintain my physcical health through the summer without roids :rolleyes:

it is fine...to do it...

i even did orals with accutane...and the doct said my liver and triglycerides were amazingly low and that i should cont. doing whatever it is i do to stay in good shape and healthy...lol

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131