over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Accutane Experience

JK_5

Registered
Just curious what some of your experiences with Accutane (Isotretinoin) have been. What kind of results did you get? How long did you run it for? What dose did you use? What side effects did you experience? And Where your acne was worst...ex (face, neck, shoulders, back). I myself just started at 80 mg/day divided into 2 doses. I weigh about 195 lbs.

also, did you stay on cycle, or start up a cycle of AAS while taking Accutane? Any interactions?

I took accutane in my late teens. I think I was 17. My acne was mostly on my face and I was constantly washing oil off my face. Didn't have much on my body at all. I can't remember the dose I was on because it was almost 15 years ago. I have to say that for me it was like a miracle drug. My face dried up and didn't get a single pimple after the first week on it. In fact I think I was in my mid 20's before I got another pimple. Near the end of the treatment my lips got horribly chapped. The skin would peel off my lips and cause them to bleed alot.

Now, I'm in my early 30's and when I take too much testosterone my skin gets oily again and I breakout. The only difference is now it's on my shoulders, back, and arms. I don't get very much on my face. I've thought about running some with a good dose of test but I dread having chapped lips that bad. They were really bad.

Hey man a ton of threads already on this topic and others that have experienced accutane. Try a search on accutane and you will find them on the boards search function.

Hey man a ton of threads already on this topic and others that have experienced accutane. Try a search on accutane and you will find them on the boards search function.

Honestly I can never find what I want using the "search" function. Thanks though

The goal with accutane is to actually take a substantial dose for 6 months or longer. By substantial I mean the highest dose an individual can take, which surprisingly is around 2mg per kg in accutane dose regimens. You basically want to shut off oil production hard and long so that it doesn't come back for quite sometime, if ever. I have taken it a few times. Each time I took a higher does in hopes to stave of future problems. I'm 220 and have gone as high as 160mg a day. The worst side effects were really dry lips and eyes and of course skin. Nothing works like accutane, I thinks its the shit and cant stand when people talk like it'll kill you. As soon as I start taking it my entire face clears up and I don't see another zit again. Only until I started with the higher doses did my acne stay gone. My advice is try it at a dose you can tolerate and take it as long as you can, by that I mean 6-9 months depending on your degree of acne. The higher doses are needed for someone who has acne on the "trunk" and not just the face. Just be careful as with anything in life and pay attention to your body.

Mattit. What do you mean by trunk? Are you talking about below the waist or just anything below your face? For some reason I've been breaking out on the back of my neck, elbows and forearms. Basically, where the sun hits my skin most. At first I thought it was a heat rash from the sun because they were mostly little bumps. But it's winter now and I been cruisin at 100-175 test and nothing else and I still gettin a few. Not as bad though. I'm seriously thinking about askin the doc for some accutane.

Accutane works, as far as what dosage ??, low dose 10-20mg seems to work very well for most.

I was 17. Think it was fairly new on the market when I took it years and years ago. Hated it. Made me depressed, wanted to fight everyone, bad mood swings. Despite this I would do it again because I don't even wash my face anymore and it's never oily, and I get like 3 zits per year tops lol.

im 3 weeks in on research accutane at 20mg a day. IT has already significantly improved my skin but has dried out my face a ton. I went from my back and shoulders being pretty bad to clear shoulders and breakouts are getting more and more infrequent on my back and expect it to only get better. This is also while being in contest prep and running 5 diff AAS compunds

I've done my research as far as Accutane is concerned, and most of what I've read has one prescribed .5-2 mg/kg. That means if a man weighs 200 lbs., or 90 kg, the dose he would need to take would range from 45 mg-180 mg daily. This doesn't always apply in the "real world", which is why I wanted to get some feedback on what dosages have worked for you all. 15-20 weeks at 1mg/kg seems to be the standard protocol. I'm currently on 80 mg per day, and plan on running for 5-6 months at that dosage. So far about 3 weeks in and not much change other than typical sides like dry lips, nose, and skin. My face is mostly clear, but back, shoulders, and arms break out, even without gear. I've heard of people getting great results with 20 mg/day, but honestly don't think that would be strong enough for me. Most people seem to be using 60-80 mg/day which would be more along the lines of the recommended dose.

tried th high dosages,and low dosages.just me ok.i think tht u need to take it 3 to 5 month at low dosages and for some this,ll last 3 to 5 yr,i hv to take 4 month every 2 yr to keep clean of pimple.and when ur lips get chaped lower ur dosages and u sh ld b able to work with it.aand it also come with sides like colon problem so do ur research first and alway know wht ur pro and con before ur going to use any med ect,i w ld advise to take low dosages

The goal with accutane is to actually take a substantial dose for 6 months or longer. By substantial I mean the highest dose an individual can take, which surprisingly is around 2mg per kg in accutane dose regimens. You basically want to shut off oil production hard and long so that it doesn't come back for quite sometime, if ever. I have taken it a few times. Each time I took a higher does in hopes to stave of future problems. I'm 220 and have gone as high as 160mg a day. The worst side effects were really dry lips and eyes and of course skin. Nothing works like accutane, I thinks its the shit and cant stand when people talk like it'll kill you. As soon as I start taking it my entire face clears up and I don't see another zit again. Only until I started with the higher doses did my acne stay gone. My advice is try it at a dose you can tolerate and take it as long as you can, by that I mean 6-9 months depending on your degree of acne. The higher doses are needed for someone who has acne on the "trunk" and not just the face. Just be careful as with anything in life and pay attention to your body.

thats good advice, i took 40 mg twice daily and at first ur skin gets super dry and i think my acne may have even gotten slightly worse but it soon disappears and doesnt return for years, i took it when i was 16/17 when nothing else worked and it not only got rid of it but i didnt really get pimples for yrs, they are slowly coming back due to cycles and stress so i am going to try and do another run if i can find any, i just really dont feel like going through refferals to dermatologists and all that, but anyway it is just like anything else(like aas) it may work great but there are sides, but to me the benefits greatly outweigh the sides

Was prescribed accutane by a dermatologist back when was about 16(currently 24). Took 40mg/ED for 5 months straight, which is how long its supposed to be used for. If you end up using it for less than that your results will most likely not be permanent as they should be. I see too many guys self prescribing and they do not use it as long as they're supposed to be. For the majority of people prescribed accutane, it is a one time deal and usually completely free of acne problems for the rest of their life(small percentage need a second round). There should be no reason for people using this stuff for 2-3 months and then just stopping because acne is already gone. Don't be surprised if it ends up coming back, you do not want to be putting your body through another round accutane because this stuff is harsh! My sides were very dry skin and lips, that's about it in terms of side effects. They had me taking blood tests every month for liver, I believe. Ever since then I have never had acne problems, either when on cycle or coming off. Whatever it did, it was permanent. My acne was extremely bad and it was just about everywhere!

Was taking accutane while using. I experienced the normal symptoms such as extreme drying of skin. My ears would flake and peel. My back went from having an outbreak to being smooth as a baby's bottom. Never experienced any depressive or psychological behaviors such as considering suicide stated in extreme cases. Got off when told to and have never had another problem with breakouts.

Used it when I was 17 I believe.

Had no interest in steroids at the time but man..... it was a damn miracle for me.

It was the only thing that stopped my acne and I'm still clean till this day (I'm 21)

BTW - Your face/lips/everything gets SERIOUSLY dried out so be prepared for that

Just started yesterday. I'm 220lbs starting at 90 mg one day and 75 mg the next.

Planning to run it 15-20 weeks which is the recommended length according to acne.org.

Just started yesterday. I'm 220lbs starting at 90 mg one day and 75 mg the next.

Planning to run it 15-20 weeks which is the recommended length according to acne.org.

One of my best friends has horrible acne, and runs accutane , he is about 300 lbs, and was on high doses, but had to lower dose due to sides, his skin got so dry was cracking, and you gotta test for liver toxicity, he had to stop completely because he was showing enzyme count at liver failure amounts. Please take caution and get blood work regularly. At this time there are a bunch of law suites against the makers and doctors that prescribe this drug going on, a lof of people getting sick while on this. God bless you. Minister.

One of my best friends has horrible acne, and runs accutane , he is about 300 lbs, and was on high doses, but had to lower dose due to sides, his skin got so dry was cracking, and you gotta test for liver toxicity, he had to stop completely because he was showing enzyme count at liver failure amounts. Please take caution and get blood work regularly. At this time there are a bunch of law suites against the makers and doctors that prescribe this drug going on, a lof of people getting sick while on this. God bless you. Minister.

I'll probably dial it down after the first couple of weeks but that's actually under the dosage that is recommended by dermatologists.

I'll see how bad the side effects get and decide then.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member