over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Accutane Users - Orange Stool?

Arcus

Registered
Hey guys, this probably sounds unusual, but since I started taking accutane, almost immediately my stool has been orange-ish colored. I have been on 30mg for 10 ten days then dropped down to 20mg the last 4 but then I stopped until I get a better understanding of what's going on here.

I have read that orange stool can be from foods/supplements high in Vitamin a, or because the biliburin levels are too high in the liver. Well, I had a test done a few days before I started accutane and my biliburin levels were in normal range, and my liver enzymes were only SLIGHTLY elevated.

Has anyone else had orange-ish colored poop while taking accutane? And as far as other side-effects go, just some slight drying of the lips. Nothing else noticeable. No abdominal pain or anything.

The active accutane raw material is actually orange...not sure if it means much, just an observation

I don't recall having orange coloured stool when i have used it in the past but that doesn't mean that accutane isn't the cause of this in your case.

Other than beta-carotene, the only thing that i'm aware of that can cause orange coloured stool is the lack of exposure to bile salt (fast transit time/lack of production by liver).

Each time i used accutane (have used it twice), i had regular blood tests taken by doc to check liver enzymes etc were all ok. My advice would be to speak to your doctor about this.

I used as a Rx for a couple runs due to cystic acne back when 15 and 15 years later I still have the issues with night time vision light sensitivity. The dr. was always having me do blood work and levels always were reasonably ok.

Having technicolored skin undertones was wicked when during treatments and faded fairly quick after stoping. I recommend using an SPF 80 or 100 or whatever is the highest for sunscreen because your skin will burn in no time flat from any kind of sun contact. The chapped lips were only managable with carmex lip balm applied I swear every 15 minutes. Vasaline intensive care skin lotion for extra dry skin was a staple too for various areas on my body that became overly dry as well...

I do recall occasional color changed poop and urine as well, obviously wasnt an issue since I my dr. never stopped my treatments but I am sure if any of the blood work came back awry with the dif color poop/urine then I woulda been stopped ASAP

orange stool can be caused from liver stress. i had this from running an oral for an extended period. it freaked me out. i stopped the oral I was taking, and it went away.

pharma grade or not?

Nope. Research from a sponser here.

After only 2 days of discontinuing I had a normal colored stool again, brown.

I just can't imagine such liver stress being the cause of all this since I've only been on 20-30mg for a couple of weeks and started getting orange stool almost imediately.

This week sucks also because I just had a large breakout that I think is the initial purging stage.

After I had a normal colored stool again I started up again at 20mg. I'm getting a blood test this Saturday to see where I stand at 20mg a day.

Accutane from researchstop gives me almost instant results at 10 mg/day. Try using a low dose, but for a longer time. No side effects to speak of at all.

Not to cause any problems but I used accutane about 10 years ago when I was 16-17 years old. I wish I would have never been on it. It dried me out so bad I had chapped lips that were bleeding a lot, extreme dry eyes, headaches and screwed up bowel movements. Ever since I used this trash I have never had a normal bowel movement no matter what I eat. Currently taking pills for IBS. I never had these problems before. Actually there are lawsuits against the company. This stuff did help but did more hard than good.

Hey guys, this probably sounds unusual, but since I started taking accutane, almost immediately my stool has been orange-ish colored. I have been on 30mg for 10 ten days then dropped down to 20mg the last 4 but then I stopped until I get a better understanding of what's going on here.

I have read that orange stool can be from foods/supplements high in Vitamin a, or because the biliburin levels are too high in the liver. Well, I had a test done a few days before I started accutane and my biliburin levels were in normal range, and my liver enzymes were only SLIGHTLY elevated.

Has anyone else had orange-ish colored poop while taking accutane? And as far as other side-effects go, just some slight drying of the lips. Nothing else noticeable. No abdominal pain or anything.

If it was from a DR'S script I would call the office and see what they say.

As BA69 mentioned before, isotretinoins powder form has an orange color.
since its not pharma grade it may be absorbed poorly and excreted afterwards.

judge by the results its efectiveness
get the blood work done and see if it affects any liver values (which i doubt since you said its just been a few weeks) but better safe than sorry

peace

Not to cause any problems but I used accutane about 10 years ago when I was 16-17 years old. I wish I would have never been on it. It dried me out so bad I had chapped lips that were bleeding a lot, extreme dry eyes, headaches and screwed up bowel movements. Ever since I used this trash I have never had a normal bowel movement no matter what I eat. Currently taking pills for IBS. I never had these problems before. Actually there are lawsuits against the company. This stuff did help but did more hard than good.

did the exact same fucking thing to me brother!!!

Never had that happen and I am huge Tane user- Roche, research brand, but never noticed that. Don't overthink it- Just sayin....

I have been on it for 2.5 months now. No orange poop though. I am currently on 80mg a day. I did experience muscle and joint pain, but it's much better after adding a joint supplement to my diet. Dry lips and skin, but that doesn't bother me much. Seeing my skin getting better is well worth it...

Last edited:
I never had any orange poop... I did a cycle of accutane and the biggest problem I had was that my lips felt like they were flaking off. But it worked wonders for me I had realllly bad acne. I forget what dose I used but it was low for an extended amount of time.

UPDATE:

After taking a two day break from accutane before starting up again at 20mg, I bought an acidophilus product for digestive/colon health that has 5 billion CFU per capsule. And since taking it, I haven' been passing stools every two to three hours like I was before, and it's back to "normal" looking.

Although I'm still going to get bloodwork done on Saturday to check liver enzymes.:cool:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws