over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

ACE inhibitors

mojolnir

Registered
Anybody use ace inhibitors while on cycle to keep blood pressure down? Which have you used and how much?

I've used Caduet, it's a BP and Cholesterol combination medicine. It's a little pricey but it works well.

Ace inhibitors are used primarily for Renal artery stenosis hypertension. You may have better luck with a calcium channel blocker. A little easier on the system and covers a broader range of pressure issues. I use Altace.

I take atenelol (Beta Blocker) for BP as well as Lisipronil (ACE). I stopped with the L because it made my extremeties cold.

Lisinopril is a good ace. I used to take an ARB, which acts similar to an ACE. I would recommend the ARB Benicar. When I was on that my BP was no more than 130/85 or so even when I was on 2g/week or more AAS. WHen I was on lower doses my bp would be about 120/75 or so.

Lisinopril is a good ace. I used to take an ARB, which acts similar to an ACE. I would recommend the ARB Benicar. When I was on that my BP was no more than 130/85 or so even when I was on 2g/week or more AAS. WHen I was on lower doses my bp would be about 120/75 or so.

I will have to try this out. Most BP meds make me feel like crap.

My dad uses benicar haha....I might just grab some of his stuff if things get out of hand....what is the smallest effective dose? Did you experience any harsh sides?

Been taking 20ml linsopril last yr..Isnt helping much.. going to try 30ml and start dropping my androgens to get my bp closer to normal..

concreter, do you notice any body temp differential taking lis? I get super cold when I take it and I cut my 20's in half. Ive read others online having some sides like that and unfortunately I seem to have the same issue.

My dad uses benicar haha....I might just grab some of his stuff if things get out of hand....what is the smallest effective dose? Did you experience any harsh sides?

I dont remember doses, but I was on the highest dose eventually after we tried the lower doses. I had absolutely ZERO SIDES on that stuff. Great medicine IMO. The only BP meds that make me feel like shit are beta blockers, but when you have heart failure you have no choice but to take them or risk your death. I wanna live damn it !:D

My bp was around 170/100. I am 28 year old with 2 years of cycling of mostly test and some dbol in there. Last two months i have been taking all this.

10mg benicar ( highest dose available is 40mg)
20000mg fishoil ( yeah i know its lots..but i think its good for when on cycle)
1200mg hawthorne berry extract
400mg coq10

Cycle... 500mg sustanon 250, 50mg dbol.

My current bp is 137/65...one thing i noticed is that i am a lot and i mean a lot leaner this time around. Nothing has changed at all...just have added thses supps to my daily routine.

What do you think is making me so much leaner....is it the fish oil?

I take,

20mg Vasotec (Same med as lisinopril)
50mg Atenolol (beta blocker)
12.5mg HCTZ (Mild diuretic)

400mg CoQ10
Hawthorn Extract

My blood pressure on cycle stays 105's/60s. Exactly where I want it. I actually modulate my own bp meds, I am a critical care cardiac nurse, so I go to my doc with my plan.. and as long as its within reason, he writes the scripts. He actually agrees with my current one and it has been very effective.

Ford diesel, No cant say I have any sides,doesnt seem to help my BP much either.. Have had high BP since a teen 140/90...Last yr when on {tren}started headaches + heartburn which I never had before...170/100... Maybe Only side is my teeth are sensetive but going to dentist to make sure I dont have 8 cavaties! P.S. gotta love them trucks, have 2 F550s of my own ,,keep on trucking!!

Last edited:
I take,

20mg Vasotec (Same med as lisinopril)
50mg Atenolol (beta blocker)
12.5mg HCTZ (Mild diuretic)

400mg CoQ10
Hawthorn Extract

My blood pressure on cycle stays 105's/60s. Exactly where I want it. I actually modulate my own bp meds, I am a critical care cardiac nurse, so I go to my doc with my plan.. and as long as its within reason, he writes the scripts. He actually agrees with my current one and it has been very effective.

Thats interesting....I am not too knowledgeable on the topic of blood pressure so I was wondering as to why you want to keep yours so low? Also are there advantages to taking beta blockers over an ACE inhibitor?

I just want something thats mild (not toxic to the kidney or liver) and it will be something that I use for short periods of time.

Thats interesting....I am not too knowledgeable on the topic of blood pressure so I was wondering as to why you want to keep yours so low? Also are there advantages to taking beta blockers over an ACE inhibitor?

I just want something thats mild (not toxic to the kidney or liver) and it will be something that I use for short periods of time.

Beta blockers are more powerful IMO, but they pack much higher sides. I would avoid them unless you have to take them. Beta blockers are essential for me with my heart damage since they help to control heart rate. ACE inhibitors dont lower your heart rate but beta blockers do. Beta blockers really slow down your heart and thus they decrease your maximum cardiac output. Hell, I cant get my heart rate over 130 or so, it just wont go any higher and so I am limited in what I can do. If it werent for beta blockers I would probably be walking around with a resting heart rate near 100 and would probably suffer more tachycardia during exercise. Before I was taking it I almost died once and had to get defibrilated 2x.

doc put me on 40mg of enalapril twice daily, has fixed me right up including lowering protein in urine.

Beta blockers are more powerful IMO, but they pack much higher sides. I would avoid them unless you have to take them. Beta blockers are essential for me with my heart damage since they help to control heart rate. ACE inhibitors dont lower your heart rate but beta blockers do. Beta blockers really slow down your heart and thus they decrease your maximum cardiac output. Hell, I cant get my heart rate over 130 or so, it just wont go any higher and so I am limited in what I can do. If it werent for beta blockers I would probably be walking around with a resting heart rate near 100 and would probably suffer more tachycardia during exercise. Before I was taking it I almost died once and had to get defibrilated 2x.

Do you find it hard to train like that? It would seem that you would get muscle fatigue quicker.

Do you find it hard to train like that? It would seem that you would get muscle fatigue quicker.

Oh yes! Working out now is very unpleasant. I sometimes dread lifting/doing cardio and I have to force myself to do it now wheras I used to love it. Its just a terrible terrible thing. I have no choice though since the beta blocker acts as a sort of "govenor" for my heart. Just like on a car, the beta blocker keeps my heart from going too fast. I wasnt taking it after my heart attack, because I have asthma and didnt want to suffer the sides of slow heart rate, and I ended up almost dying. I was so close to death. I was just lucky that the paramedics had finally made it to our home. They had only been there maybe 3 mins before I passed out cold adn they shocked me 2X. So now I take the beta blocker and live with the sides. Yeah you could say that training like this really sucks bad. I get winded easily becasue my cardiac output is so damn low. not only is my stroke volume about 1/2 what it should be, my heart rate cant go up to compensate for it. This is why HR goes up when you have bad heart disease, it beats faster trying to pump more blood because each beat doesnt push out enough blood. So some days I just dread working out.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear