over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Acne and high fat intake

jimmyjones

Banned
Kilo Klub Member
Folks, I don’t know if anyone else has experienced this…but it has become very apparent to me.

Over the course of the last 6 months…Ive dieted using many methods…and one thing became clear was the quality of my skin on high fat intake.

When I would be eating higher carb, moderate protein and zero fat….I would consistently get 2 or 3 punk ass pimples on my back….and even a few on my scalp. The same occurred when I would eat low carb, high protein, zero fat…

Within just 3 days of flipping the script to zero carb, low to moderate protein and HIGH fat in a ketogenic fashion….my skin texture and clearness instantly improve.

I would just douse my broccoli with countless tablespoons of either olive oil or coconut oil…and stay up on my 10 grams of daily fish oil caps…and BAM! Skin just becomes so smooth and perfectly clear…with believe it or not, LESS body oil production….

The anti-inflammatory effects of these healthy lipids are no gimmick…because even my joints felt twice as good than compared to the other diet methods….

Am I the only one to experience this? If anyone out there is suffering from mild to moderate or even serious acne, Id encourage someone to go HIGH fat and see if that helps any acne issues you may have.

Folks, I don’t know if anyone else has experienced this…but it has become very apparent to me.

Over the course of the last 6 months…Ive dieted using many methods…and one thing became clear was the quality of my skin on high fat intake.

When I would be eating higher carb, moderate protein and zero fat….I would consistently get 2 or 3 punk ass pimples on my back….and even a few on my scalp. The same occurred when I would eat low carb, high protein, zero fat…

Within just 3 days of flipping the script to zero carb, low to moderate protein and HIGH fat in a ketogenic fashion….my skin texture and clearness instantly improve.

I would just douse my broccoli with countless tablespoons of either olive oil or coconut oil…and stay up on my 10 grams of daily fish oil caps…and BAM! Skin just becomes so smooth and perfectly clear…with believe it or not, LESS body oil production….

The anti-inflammatory effects of these healthy lipids are no gimmick…because even my joints felt twice as good than compared to the other diet methods….

Am I the only one to experience this? If anyone out there is suffering from mild to moderate or even serious acne, Id encourage someone to go HIGH fat and see if that helps any acne issues you may have.

I have experienced the exact same thing.... I am fairly acne prone and upping my fat intake to ~40% of total cals (30/30/40 p/c/f) and reducing my consumption of processed carb sources has cleared up nearly all of my acne.... that and believe it or not NEVER using soap in the shower.... I have naturally oily greek skin as well.

I think it has a lot to do with excessive IGF-1 spikes caused by (mostly processed) carbs

EDIT: Also most of my fats come from natural PB, MCT Oil, and Bacon :love:

Yeah peanut butter is definitely a staple too...

I will say though...the pump in the gym fucking sucks in comparison to high carb :( .... so thats why I switch it up every few weeks....

Yeah peanut butter is definitely a staple too...

I will say though...the pump in the gym fucking sucks in comparison to high carb :( .... so thats why I switch it up every few weeks....

Do you take in most of your carbs around your workout?

I tend to eat 4 meals a day... no carbs for breakfast and I slowly add carbs until my workout @ 6pm then have a majority of my carbs pre/post and I still get great pumps.

My favorite pump meal is ~2 cups of white rice + lots of soy sauce and shredded chicken 1 hr pre-workout. My arms look like logs with that + some L-arginine

Do you take in most of your carbs around your workout?

I tend to eat 4 meals a day... no carbs for breakfast and I slowly add carbs until my workout @ 6pm then have a majority of my carbs pre/post and I still get great pumps.

My favorite pump meal is ~2 cups of white rice + lots of soy sauce and shredded chicken 1 hr pre-workout. My arms look like logs with that + some L-arginine

Yes....its almost always 2 bananas and 2 scoops of whey...2 hours before....
All my meals from beginning to end have hella sodium.... I needa try that L-Arginine ive been hearing so many folks talk about it for pumps...I would love to get the pump I get on higher carb....but on high fat zero carb instead....

A published study from Payap Univ in Thailand
Produced results which suggest anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and antipyretic properties of virgin coconut oil.

Weird thing I noticed...

Used to get all my fats from animal flesh, incidentals, random helpings of PB or whatever and use EVCO for all cooking.

I would get a few pim[ples but nothing severe. Once I ran out of EVCO I started using butter to fry my eggs (2x per day) my face cleared up.

Thought it was a coincidence but then it happened again. Anyone have any insight as to why butter would do this opposed to EVCO?

Since shelby has been doing my diet I've never been on less than 100g of fats. I split it between evoo, almonds and walnuts and facial acne been non existent whatever gear I've run. Could be other dietary factors involved but thought I'd share. I normally break out a little at start of blast until levels stabilise but not recently at all

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Wouldn't hgh have the same effect then if it is due to surge in IGF-1?

I would think so....Im the wrong person to ask for experience on that end though.

Also im not sure how comparable the IGF-1 surges are from GH and processed carbs (my guess is GH is a long term elevation whereas processed carbs are a huge short term spike)

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131