over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Acne problem

PHIL HERNON

Banned
My buddy has a horrible acne problem over his whole body. Any suggestions? Currently on var and winny. Has had this problem for 6 years.

phil,

i never thought that i would ever be able to answer a question for you, i am more than obliged to help you.

i would reccomend that your buddy starts taking some doxycycline, it is really really mild and dosent effect the potency of the steroids.

Later,

Todd

wolverine said:
Has he tried B-5? 5 grams a day works great for alot of people.

But start with 10-15 grams per day for 3 wks and then adjust down...trust me.

got zits?

I'm a firm believer in Acutane. Besides its toxicity and harshness on your "inards" it is a great drug. I was on it when Iwas younger and it "killed" everything on me.

-B

i had real bad acne befor i ever used aas and then when i startd it was out of control(all over my arms and back, i would where a sweet shirt all the time even in the summer) i askd my doc about it and he gave me doxyxycline it works great i only get a pimple here and there now

ryan

Doxycycline is the asiest, cheapest and least harmful. Easily available of prescription - just tell the doc you need it for acne.

Big A said:
Doxycycline is the asiest, cheapest and least harmful. Easily available of prescription - just tell the doc you need it for acne.

Does one have an idea about finding this somewhere without a prescription? Thanks
NEVER MIND I FOUND IT MYSELF.

Last edited:
I would say NO WAY to Accutane especially when the guy is on 2 orals.

I took Big A's advice and ordered doxycycline.

I have not had to use it yet.

BUT I was able to order it through the mail and it came with a paper inwhich it stated that a US Federal law which allows a person to have medicine on had in case of emergency and went on to site a law/statute that doxycycline was not a type of controlled substance.

YEA YEA I know I didn't say that too well but I am tired. :)

PHIL HERNON said:
My buddy has a horrible acne problem over his whole body. Any suggestions? Currently on var and winny. Has had this problem for 6 years.

I use B5 at 3 grams /day and shower 2x per day. always keeps it uner control for me. Also make sure to use a body scrubb 2 to 3x per week.

I thought I would bump this for some updated comments/information.

Guys,

How do keep acne under control? I have seen a lots of comments on B5 and BigA referenced Doxycycline as an option. Any feedback would be appricated.

WildBB

whats better monocycline or doxycycline? Does monocycline effect the potency of "supplements"? I saw a poster say docycline does not(i know this is an old thread)...... thanks.

Doxycycline, Platinum Labz Acne Annihilator has been working for me.

I have been using Acne Annihilator for a few weeks with very minor improvment. I was looking for an alternate product or a product in combination with.

Go off dairy and wheat. If it works re-introduce one at a time and see what happens.

Phil- if his acne is the cystic kind, I'm afraid he needs accutane. In my 20s I cycled and rarely got any acne (a little when I came off) but as I approached 40 and played with Prohormones, I got terrible cysts- the kind that popped and bled through shirts. Couldn't take my shirt off for a summer.

I did everything - every antibiotic (my mom's boyfriend is a dermatologist and recommended many). high dose B-5, acne annihiator, lotions- everything! Finally broke down and tried accutane and will never live w/o some around. Takes awhile but well worth it. And with proper and consistant liver support, blood work should be ok even w/ var and winny (assuming it's only mildly elevated now).

Acne blows bad- if it's cystic, think accutane.

Nodulocystic acne: oral gugulipid versus tetracycline.
Thappa DM, Dogra J.

Department of Dermatology, C.G.H.S., Bajaj Nagar, Jaipur, India.

Twenty patients with nodulocystic acne were randomly allocated to one of two treatment schedules: 1) Tetracycline 500 mg or 2) Tab. Gugulipid (equivalent to 25 mg guggulsterone). Both were taken twice daily for 3 months, and both produced a progressive reduction in the lesions in the majority of patients. With tetracycline, the percentage reduction in the inflammatory lesions was 65.2% as compared to 68% with gugulipid; on comparison, this difference was statistically insignificant (P > 0.05). Follow-up at 3 months showed a relapse in 4 cases on tetracyline and 2 cases on gugulipid. An interesting observation was that the patients with oily faces responded remarkably better to gugulipid.

PMID: 7798429 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7798429

i've tried gugulipid with great results. its also beneficial to cholesterol levels and increases thyroid function. great herbal sup imo

depends on your tabs i guess. my tabs are 1000mg each 2.5% guggulsterones so each pill has 25mg guggulsterones. take 1 pill/3xday

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws