over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

acne....why back/chest, not face?

ROCKEDUP

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
It seems that most acne caused by AAS appears on the back and chest opposed to the face, at least USUALLY the majority/worst of it. Anybody know the biology behind this?

I'm curious as well. The worst place I've actually broken out on is my stomach! Lately its just my shoulders. When I was a teenager it was only my face.

Yeah I know it's really wierd. Fr me also I don't break out on my face while on aas just my back and shoulders. Nothing a low dose of accutane can't fix

Just genetics. The same reason why people not on steriods may breakout on back and not face, face and not back, etc... Also people seam to take more care of there face.

Sebaceous glands. As we mature, there are a (for most of the population) greater number of them on our trunk than our face.

And since androgens cause these glands to go nutty, that's where we get our adult-juicer-bacne.

Me, too. I get some small bumps, but very few that ever actually become whiteheads and none that ever become red and inflamed.

Just genetics. The same reason why people not on steriods may breakout on back and not face, face and not back, etc... Also people seam to take more care of there face.

I would have agreed with this to an extent, except that when I was young, prior to AAS, I had it everywhere. Now, it's only chest/back. I guess it could be worse lol

Sebaceous glands. As we mature, there are a (for most of the population) greater number of them on our trunk than our face.

And since androgens cause these glands to go nutty, that's where we get our adult-juicer-bacne.

That makes a lot of sense thank you. interesting

I agree... Per sq in we have more sebaceous glands on face but do the larger area of truck its seb gland numbers are greater than that of the face.

Also the chest and back are confined within your shirt most of the day. Holding sweat and rubbing skin which allows bacteria to be moved from one irritated gland to another causing bacteria to be spread.

Last edited:
I agree... Per sq in we have more sebaceous glands on face but do the larger area of truck its seb gland numbers are greater than that of the face.

Also the chest and back are confined within your shirt most of the day. Holding sweat and rubbing skin which allows bacteria to be moved from one irritated gland to another causing bacteria to be spread.

well wait. now, thats at odds with aikman, isnt it?

I'm working in device sales for Dermatology, and my answer is the one that has been given to me by my customers when I posed the question to them.

Well Im glad its not on my face.... But with that said Ive been getting bad for months now on back and shoulders. Taking a bunch of crap to try to counter, the different recommended soaps, tanning 3 days per week and still not getting rid of it.

It's because we dont inject into our face hahaha!

well wait. now, thats at odds with aikman, isnt it?

No quite. He said there are more seb glands on truck than face. I just said per sq in the face has more but bc of the total area of trunk it has more in total(face has less total area than trunk).

I am an RN working in dermatology for many years. My job is to understand the largest organ the body has (skin).

No quite. He said there are more seb glands on truck than face. I just said per sq in the face has more but bc of the total area of trunk it has more in total(face has less total area than trunk).

I am an RN working in dermatology for many years. My job is to understand the largest organ the body has (skin).

Correct...our statements aren't at odds. Just saying (to a degree) the same thing, approaching it from different angles!

And, as stated above, we don't inject our faces!!!:D

I'm working in device sales for Dermatology, and my answer is the one that has been given to me by my customers when I posed the question to them.

What devices do you sell? Blue lights, lasers, uva/uvb bulbs, Hyfrecators, surgery tools?

Been waiting on this thread! chest, back, shoulders a little, arms have some too but clear as hell on my face and lower body wtf is that about?:banghead:

Correct...our statements aren't at odds. Just saying (to a degree) the same thing, approaching it from different angles!

And, as stated above, we don't inject our faces!!!:D

How is this not at odds? If seb glands are the cause, and we have them in our torso AND face, why am I broken out on torso and NOT face?

I've been wondering the same also BUUUUUT....

I didn't break out during my cycle...I broke out during my PCT(which I don't freaking understand)!

But I got my accutane couple of days so I should be GTG now :D

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner