over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Active Release Therapy/Neuromuscular Massage

Check out rolfing. My rolfer can accomplish in 1 seession what the ART therapist I have gone to took at least 5.

**broken link removed**

ART is great. The key, however, is to talk to your doc about HOW/WHY the scar tissue, knot, whatever occurred. If could be from overuse, poor form (you should never pass up times to reevaluate yourself, esp if you keep getting reinjured), muscular imbalance, etc.

In order to keep you pain free and avoiding injury, you have to adjust your routine to make sure its not making things worse. We all hear about the guy who feels a tightness, tweak, whatever and then one day tears his pec while benching. You all need to really listen to your body and know what it feels like with and without the above mentioned ailments so that yall can catch it early.

Careful with ART and calcium deposits, get a diagnosis first. I have a calcium deposit in my shoulder, got ART for 6 months, it got much worse. I then saw an ortho, he told me that the ART probably made my condition worse. The ART is so traumatic that my body sensed further injury and laid down more calcium to compensate. I had ART done on my other shoulder years ago as a rehab from surgery and it was great.

You go for 10 initial sessions and they do your whole body. They are about 2 weeks apart. I did this 4 years ago.

After that you go when something is bothering you. So I go maybe every other month. If I injure something I usually only have to go once or twice and the issue is corrected. Example, I pulled my trap. I went once and it was completely better and started lifting and then it acted up again because I jumped in to fast. I went back 2 weeks later and after that no more problems. I have a ART therapist and he can't come close to what the rolfer can do in 1 session.

every 6 months or so, i'll go in and get the "graf" technique done on both my shoulders, they take a dull scalpel looking thing and rub it vigorously over your both your front delts and it breaks up all the adhesions that we tend to create through our training, after about 4 days when the bruising subsides, you can feel the improved ROM in your shoulders, it's good stuff.

Dragonfire,

How effective do you think rolfing is for tendonitis (or at least what i think it is)...?

Its a nagging problem that makes training upper body very difficult.

How is the cost? Im guessing its not like chiros who can also do ART and then...bill under chiro for insurance purposes...

Dragonfire,

How effective do you think rolfing is for tendonitis (or at least what i think it is)...?

Its a nagging problem that makes training upper body very difficult.

How is the cost? Im guessing its not like chiros who can also do ART and then...bill under chiro for insurance purposes...

Its not something you just go to for one specific problem, until after yo do all 10 sessions, which sessions are about $100 each. I think acupuncture works good for tendinitis. Rolfing for muscle and fascia.

The person I want to see is $175 per session but she also does about 30-45 mins with a cold laser. I wonder how effective the laser is or if it is just a gimmick and I should go somewhere cheaper?

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws