advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Adaptogens: Experience with Ashwaganda, Rhodiola etc. (& l-tyrosine)

Knight9

Featured Member / Verified Customer / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Please share your experiences and knowledge with these. I am one big ball of stress most of the time and I don't and won't smoke weed. 5-htp is ok but I take it very sporadically.

I have taken rhodiola and ashwaganda off and on for years, seems to help me when I go through periods of high stress and low sleep...doesnt work miracles but helps a bit with blunting the fatigue and onset of of overtraining.

I live in CA and worked in the 'weed industry' for a while, I am so tired of 'smoke some weed, maaan' as a means of controlling anxiety, lol. That stuff just doesn't agree with me for some reason. Anyway, as a result I have tried everything on earth to help with anxiety because I am a lifelong sufferer who has strangely decided to do things that cause even more anxiety than average.

Rhodiola is amazing, its a must have supp. It really does help. I've read it raises serotonin levels and increases blood flow, among other things. It really does help your performance as well, endurance is noticeably increased from it.

no supp is a night and day difference for me when it comes to anxiety, but rho really does help, and is noticeable.

I have tried l-tyroisine, I think it is only helpful if you have depleted your dopamine somehow, like from drug abuse or use of mental health meds.

I live in CA and worked in the 'weed industry' for a while, I am so tired of 'smoke some weed, maaan' as a means of controlling anxiety, lol. That stuff just doesn't agree with me for some reason. Anyway, as a result I have tried everything on earth to help with anxiety because I am a lifelong sufferer who has strangely decided to do things that cause even more anxiety than average.

Rhodiola is amazing, its a must have supp. It really does help. I've read it raises serotonin levels and increases blood flow, among other things. It really does help your performance as well, endurance is noticeably increased from it.

no supp is a night and day difference for me when it comes to anxiety, but rho really does help, and is noticeable.

I have tried l-tyroisine, I think it is only helpful if you have depleted your dopamine somehow, like from drug abuse or use of mental health meds.

Brand and dose?

When I first started working with Homonunculus my systems was all out of whack and in terrible shape... I was all stressed out as hell...

With his TCM background, he suggested several herbal remedies, including ashwaganda and rhodiola as well as other herbs and adaptogenic teas.

I recall the ashwaganda helping, but the tea I was drinking had very noticeable effects. I was sleeping better, my heart did not race, I was much more calm and help with fatigue...

You'd have to contact him to see what it was...

Ashwaganda and Rhodiola are the 2 that I use most often. NutraPlanet used to sell Focus Dirt which is Schizandra. That stuff was great. I haven't done it for a while but I used to rotate each one for about 30 days during the winter months. I felt it has a positive effect on the immune system. I also use schizanda and N-acetyl tyrosine when coming of clen & T3 for about 3-4 weeks.

Just giving my personal experience. I've tried everything over the years, tons of supplements. I could never perceive anything from taking Rhodiola. I tried to be real analytical, but nadda. Takes something like phenibut for me to really notice any substantial difference in how I feel mentally. I think most herbal adaptagens are pretty mild and may be good for overall health but won't really relieve much perceived and or mental stresses.

At think with Rhodiola the only thing proven substantially is reduced perceived fatigue and neuroprotective properties. As far as "feeling" anything more like enhanced well being, I never noticed. Never noticed reduced fatigue either. I'm dead at the end of the day though and Jack myself up on preworkout stim/caffeine before training anyway (unhealthy).

Review the studies for Rhodiola at examine.com, great resource.

Last edited:
SORRY GUYS. I meant L-THEANINE, NOT l-tyrosine. (in the title of the thread).

L-theanine is not an adaptogen, but helps with stress and mood.

Believe it or not bro vitamin c, calcium, and 50mg caffeine takes alot of stress away for me during the day.. pre bed- i use vitamin c, calcium, huge glass of milk and melatonin.. people underestimate the power of calcium.. it gives a calming mood believe it or not. My mother is hypocalcemic and is also an RN and has spent her entire life researching the healing powers of calcium.. it really works..

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2

I take 200-300mg theanine, 500mg rhodiola, and 150-300mg picamilon.I Buy all bulk powder. This to date has been the best OTC stress/anxiety stack I used. WARNING!! Bulk rhodiola tastes like shit lol.

SORRY GUYS. I meant L-THEANINE, NOT l-tyrosine. (in the title of the thread).

L-theanine is not an adaptogen, but helps with stress and mood.

theanine is awesome, I am scared to run out of it.

had these issues for life and tried pretty much every drug and sup combo out there, at least the ones that I have heard of.

for stability I find theanine to be key. I take lots, I don't measure it often but roughly 400-1000mg 3-6x ed.

a great stack is:

theanine as stated
niacinamide 1-3g
zinc 50mg
magnesium taurate 500mg-1g

I can actually "feel" that stack kick in. some research shows niacinamide to act like a natural benzo. I don't like benzos but I really like niacinamide, though with high dose and repeated use I can see some benzo like things.

you know I love rhodiola. been taking this for years as RIGS ( rhodialo, idebenone, grapeseed extract ) not sure of my dosing as all powder now but usually I take 400-800mg rho 3-6 x ed. I take 200-600mg idebenone ed, and gse at 500-800mgs 3-6x ed.

taurine can be a nice addition too.

recently I have started playing with a D1 and D2 agonist stephania intermediary. I have no idea the % or strength of the material im working with but it is very strong. I keep having to cut the dose back in fact as it is bringing out more and more manic thoughts and tendencies.

I added this for my skin and since it is working on dopamine it may have an opposite effect for anxiety or it may address it, it ill depend on the individual and cause.

I find I feel a little happier and lovier with it but also when I go the other way I get pretty amped up and crazy for very little reason. so far it is a very interesting sup.

also be sure you are taking your melatonin at night. it will help too.

you know I have worked a lot with mmj and am not one of those who is quick to suggest or recommend it but if you want to talk about more therapeutic or medical applications I am happy to help, if you want to pm.

For years in addition to bodybuilding , one if my Silat teachers was also an herbalist so I've always been an avid fan of aruvedic and Chinese herbs - teas and extracts . They do help but over time and like even western medicine , like my clients I follow in the dept of mental health . These meds or herbs only take you half way . It still takes thought and effort . In my experience diaphragmic controlled berating can exert a more drug like effect that any meds. However it takes practice and effort . Most don't have the patience , however try it and learn you will be astounded that you have the innate power within . Sit or lay quiet. Deep breathe through nose, slow and deep at least 3 seconds in and 4-6 out through mouth and just concentrate on each body sort relaxing . Obviously can show here. Google on YouTube , but tape or find good therapist just to learn . I tell you deep breathing is a miracle and it's free

LICSW/MSW/cscs/ USArmyVet

Bumping this!

Please share your experiences and knowledge with these. I am one big ball of stress most of the time and I don't and won't smoke weed. 5-htp is ok but I take it very sporadically.

Knight9, I never noticed anything when taking rhodiola. But then again I never noticed anything from provigil/nuvigil.

I take 200-300mg theanine, 500mg rhodiola, and 150-300mg picamilon.I Buy all bulk powder. This to date has been the best OTC stress/anxiety stack I used. WARNING!! Bulk rhodiola tastes like shit lol.

What time of day do you take it?

Stress wise I have no experience with those. On deployment in a very high stress environment I noticed a big difference in my stress levels taking pregnenolone.

Knight9, I never noticed anything when taking rhodiola. But then again I never noticed anything from provigil/nuvigil.

I can remember when provigil was built up way beyond it's actual worth in my opinion.
Back 6 or so years ago guys thought it was going to be the next rec(lol)
Though it has it's place in the sleep disorders.

What time of day do you take it?

Usually first thing in A.M, and then again in the afternoon if needed. This stack keeps my anxiety/stress way down, while still allowing me to focus on the tasks at hand. Keeps me calm without the sedation of a benzo.

Anybody here that's used both the ashwagandha 2.5% and the 5% extract, which do you prefer and why? I find the 5% more stimulating than anything and was considering switching to the 2.5% for a more mellow/feel good type of mood. Thought?

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws