YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Adaptogens: Experience with Ashwaganda, Rhodiola etc. (& l-tyrosine)

Theanine I personally do not like. I seem to become very irritated on it and grouchy. This is not a one off deal and has happened time and time again as I tried to work through a few bottles from different vendors. I also accidentally took it one morning thinking it was my choline cdp and could not for the life of me figure out why I was in such a sour mood. It wasn't until I went back to my cabinet and saw what I took that it made sense(by the way not a total hooplehead here the bottles were the same vendor same design same color so easy mistake when half asleep.)

Rhodiola- like it very much. Nice boost in energy, not a stimulant energy(which is not really energy but alertness anyways) but more of a "I am not a tired sweet." Lower dose always seemed to work well for me. Never really tried more than 500mg at a shot but when I did I was not a fan as it seemed to make me tired. For the record the time I took the 500mg it was a different brand(Now was 500 and the Enzymatic Therapy I was taking was 150 I believe) so that should be considered. I have some on the way and will try the higher dose again and a lower dose of the same brand.

Ashwagandha- mixed bag for me. Sometime I like the effects and they are relaxing other times they are a bust and it ruins my sleep. I have plenty left and will continue to experiment to see if I can make sense of it.

I can remember when provigil was built up way beyond it's actual worth in my opinion.
Back 6 or so years ago guys thought it was going to be the next rec(lol)
Though it has it's place in the sleep disorders.

It was prescribed to me due to sleep apnea. I use CPAP which has been a lifesaver to me. I have tried both provigil (modafinil) and nuvigil. I did not notice anything from either one.

Hard bump. My training is becoming super rigorous and i'm starting to feel sluggish between sessions, could use some help with 'load management.' Whats everyones experience with cordyceps and ashwagandha? Anything else worth grabbing? IIRC @xjpx is a big fan of cordys

Hard bump. My training is becoming super rigorous and i'm starting to feel sluggish between sessions, could use some help with 'load management.' Whats everyones experience with cordyceps and ashwagandha? Anything else worth grabbing? IIRC @xjpx is a big fan of cordys

He's a bigger fan of Ashwagandha RE. Its in his Halycon dietary supplement.

I've used Ash in and out and not really noticed a difference to be honest. I think a lot of these cognitive supplements are placebo.

Started using this 2 days ago..

yesterday 3caps in the mid morning so 2100mg felt good then again at bed.
also felt decent , slept decent.. (vivid dreams)
Took 4 mid morning , on empty stomach (different than past 2 dosages)
However I got a strange weird feeling ...

still going to use for another week or so

Rhodiola rosea bought in bulk taken in the morning.
Boost my concentration first half of the day.

Started using this 2 days ago..

yesterday 3caps in the mid morning so 2100mg felt good then again at bed.
also felt decent , slept decent.. (vivid dreams)
Took 4 mid morning , on empty stomach (different than past 2 dosages)
However I got a strange weird feeling ...

still going to use for another week or so

Took what?

You haven't listed a supplement, drug or ingredient...

I like both ashwaganda and rhodiola. But it’s effect is very subtle. I ‘notice’ rhodiola the most. 500mg seems to do a good job.

Heard good things about Ashwagandha raising serotonin levels. Two weeks and feel a little something. Nothing to brag. Trying to ween off the Oxy's after back surgery and going threw some serious depression zero motivation. As far as withdrawals consider this part the worst. Have plenty of Zoloft but after reading the horror stories on anti depression meds. Scared the hell out of me...

He's a bigger fan of Ashwagandha RE. Its in his Halycon dietary supplement.

I've used Ash in and out and not really noticed a difference to be honest. I think a lot of these cognitive supplements are placebo.

Noted, i'm less worried about cognition and more interested in CNS recovery.

Took what?

You haven't listed a supplement, drug or ingredient...

Sorry mate ,

ashwaganda is what I’m using now..
I did the caps this morning 4 of them.. with no food, I had the feeling of relaxing but almost in a bad way.
I have a few other health concerns now, so I don’t wanna get into it and leave a review but I will be trying other things throughout the next week or so.

The stuff I got seems pretty potent m I can tell by its astrigent properties (powder) .
I take 300 mg/day and it puts me on track.
I also notice that allergies are a thing of the past.

I use Ashwagandha everyday. Relax and boost mood. May boost libido for some people.

I suffer from panic and anxiety. I panic to a point where i think damn im going to die, i walk in to the gym and panic kicks in, was in a bad state. I have used Ashwagandha for about 3 years now but its only recently I utilised it properly as per instructions. It was a powdered root extract i think 450mg per pill (I had them pressed by the supplier). What I was told to do was have a cup of warm milk with Honey and then take the pills, i break them and crumble them in to the milk adding a teaspoon of honey. It makes me feel very easy and relaxed my stress has gone down a lot and panic has subsided significantly. I am now going to drop dosage down a bit and then take a week off and keep at a lower dose. I also find tourine helpful before bed along with other supps. I recently researched mega dosing vitamins and iv started a protocol which is targetted at anxiety/depression maybe you can have a read and try it out ?? Let me know and i will post the link if allowed

Please share your experiences and knowledge with these. I am one big ball of stress most of the time and I don't and won't smoke weed. 5-htp is ok but I take it very sporadically.

You may want to try CBD OIL. Making sure its FULL SPECTRUM OIL 500mg is a good starting point few drops under the tounge 3 times per day. It will take about a week before you notice anything however some notice it sooner some later but it definitely helped me in my worst days.

I suffer from panic and anxiety. I panic to a point where i think damn im going to die, i walk in to the gym and panic kicks in, was in a bad state. I have used Ashwagandha for about 3 years now but its only recently I utilised it properly as per instructions. It was a powdered root extract i think 450mg per pill (I had them pressed by the supplier). What I was told to do was have a cup of warm milk with Honey and then take the pills, i break them and crumble them in to the milk adding a teaspoon of honey. It makes me feel very easy and relaxed my stress has gone down a lot and panic has subsided significantly. I am now going to drop dosage down a bit and then take a week off and keep at a lower dose. I also find tourine helpful before bed along with other supps. I recently researched mega dosing vitamins and iv started a protocol which is targetted at anxiety/depression maybe you can have a read and try it out ?? Let me know and i will post the link if allowed
Try exposure therapy. It’s pretty successful. I had pretty severe panic attacks too and both ashwaghanda and rhodiola helped but more so at the ‘taper’ phase. Exposure and beta blockers were very effective, I stopped the beta blockers and switched to the adaptogens when my panic was under control. I have no panic attacks anymore and GOD I am happy for that, worst period in my life.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws