over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Adderall and lifting

orangejuice07

Registered
I recently just started taking 40mg Adderall everyday (20mg 2xday) for ADD. Just wondering if I should be worried about taking these with pre workout supps like jacked or NOxplode? And also should I be worried about my heart rate being higher when I do cardio or while im lifting. Doc said not to worry but they dont always know everything, especially since my doctor weighs 160 pounds soaking wet. thought i would ask some people that might have some experience. btw im 5'11' 235 pounds. been lifting for 8 years. thanks.

Should be fine

Just ease into the other supplements.
Keep an eye on yourself.

Does it make your heart race without supplements?

The adderall should help wioth some extra motivation in the gym.

wouldn't kill you to take a little break from the other pre-workout stimulants and ease back into them as needed.

I kinda eased into the pre-workout supps myself....currently prescribed 25mg XR per day...taken in the morning I hardly feel the affects of adderall in the afternoon....but taking the medicine doesn't make my heart beat faster or change my bp.....on the other hand, I have no problem focusing on training...

no my heart rate is just fine when im not working out but when im working out it gets pretty fast but it has always done that.

I'm a little confused cause when I got a prescription for Dextroamphetamine(generic adderall) it gave me the craziest/best energy I've ever had, amazing productivity and motivation. I wouldn't even understand why you would even think of taking a pre-workout supplement like no-xplode. I had literally the best workouts of my entire life when ever I took that stuff. Problem was that it killed my appetite so bad that bulking/adding muscle would be impossible if taking it on a regular basis.

adderall gives me that energy boost and everything but it doesnt give me the pump and the extra strength that pre-workout supps do. I can tell my workouts arent as good when i dont drink my jacked or noxplode.

they do have stim free versions of pre-workout drinks....but doing full servings(3scoops) of jacked with 20mgs of adderol would kill a horse

they do have stim free versions of pre-workout drinks....but doing full servings(3scoops) of jacked with 20mgs of adderol would kill a horse

IDK man, I love some adderol, Noexplode and a 16oz redbull preworkout!

I'm on Adderall XR (30mg) and I take 2 scoops of Jack3d pre-workout as well. The Jack3d is in and out of the system pretty quick so I find it doesn't interfere with anything, partially due to the fact that the XR verision is a slow release over a 12 hour period. I'd be more wary with taking the IR's 2x a day, just keep an eye on your heart rate, should be fine IMO.

Once i started Ritalin I never touched another stim, i see people wasting money on monsters, red bull and whatever else they need to get jacked and I just feel thankful that my prescription cost me $3 /month. Thats what good insurance does for ya! :D

I would say everyone is different, and I know adderall is probably a little different than Ritalin, so feel it out, but be careful bro. A lady at work just lost her son to a heart failure in the middle of an intense workout. Sad stuff indeed. :(

I would cut any other stimulants. And try to take the adderral after a work out. So if you lift in the am, take it right after... I wouldnt take the 2nd any later than 3 pm (provided your on a day schedule) because it will interfere with your sleep.

Also, watch your blood pressure... Even if youve never had a problem with high BP. Buy your own cuff and take it am and pm, ESPECIALLY if your using hormones.

Make sure to take humanofort, 2 pills am/2 afternoon,pwo/2 pm.... The adderall reeks havoc on your addrenals. Humanofort will help maintain a balance.

I recently just started taking 40mg Adderall everyday (20mg 2xday) for ADD. Just wondering if I should be worried about taking these with pre workout supps like jacked or NOxplode? And also should I be worried about my heart rate being higher when I do cardio or while im lifting. Doc said not to worry but they dont always know everything, especially since my doctor weighs 160 pounds soaking wet. thought i would ask some people that might have some experience. btw im 5'11' 235 pounds. been lifting for 8 years. thanks.

I've been taking the same dosage for several years (once in a while I skip a day here and there). No bp issues, no racing hr, etc. No problems when taking supps. If you have ADD you'll usually have less issues than someone who doesn't when you take certain stims. That said, everyone is different, so monitor yourself closely for a while or 'ease' into your supps. I'm sure you'll be fine.

You recently just started taking adderall and you are taking 40 mg per day?

To us ADHD/ADD people thats like a newbie in the gym running 1g of test per week. YOU DONT NEED THAT MUCH! why do doctors always perscribe such heavy dosages

I used to take 30mg time release and i couldnt gain a lb past 155 (5' 8'') nor could I sleep. My grades were good though :)

So after several years of that and a crappy 2 months of not taking it, I went back on and only took 7mg of adderall per day in tablet form. I have ADHD and it gets me going in the morning and I am good to go. And now I am weighing in at 195 ;) Now I understand that everyone is different etc blah blah blah, but taking 20mg 2x per day is overkill. Say what you want, but it is. Your Central Nervous System is gonna be f'ed up and good luck sleeping..youll prob end up taking sleeping pills and get thrown into a vicious cycle like that one I used to be in.

In terms of preworkouts, I used to take NO-xplode while I was on higher adderall dosages back in hs and freshman year of college and nothing ever happened to me, I just had 1000x more energy then anyone in the gym. Id say you should just buy aakg in powder form and drink that before you go to the gym since you take adderall. Too much stims is bad, obviously....but youll learn that eventually..notice the hand tremors yet?

With regards to your heart rate....if you think taking that heavy of a dosage of an AMPHETAMINE wont have at least some effect on your heart while doing cardio/lifting in the future, then you are gonna be wrong. Somethings gotta give...

Try splitting a 10mg TABLET, NOT XR (TIME RELEASE), early in the morning AFTER breakfast, and then taking the other half AFTER lunch...

I dont mean to come off like I am yelling at you, I just know this stuff very well....sorta like how the big guys on this board know their stuff with regards to super supps from their experience. so lower the fucking dosage man, or next thing you know, you are gonna weigh as much as your doctor ;)

Last edited:
You recently just started taking adderall and you are taking 40 mg per day?

To us ADHD/ADD people thats like a newbie in the gym running 1g of test per week. YOU DONT NEED THAT MUCH! why do doctors always perscribe such heavy dosages

I used to take 30mg time release and i couldnt gain a lb past 155 (5' 8'') nor could I sleep. My grades were good though :)

So after several years of that and a crappy 2 months of not taking it, I went back on and only took 7mg of adderall per day in tablet form. I have ADHD and it gets me going in the morning and I am good to go. And now I am weighing in at 195 ;) Now I understand that everyone is different etc blah blah blah, but taking 20mg 2x per day is overkill. Say what you want, but it is. Your Central Nervous System is gonna be f'ed up and good luck sleeping..youll prob end up taking sleeping pills and get thrown into a vicious cycle like that one I used to be in.

In terms of preworkouts, I used to take NO-xplode while I was on higher adderall dosages back in hs and freshman year of college and nothing ever happened to me, I just had 1000x more energy then anyone in the gym. Id say you should just buy aakg in powder form and drink that before you go to the gym since you take adderall. Too much stims is bad, obviously....but youll learn that eventually..notice the hand tremors yet?

With regards to your heart rate....if you think taking that heavy of a dosage of an AMPHETAMINE wont have at least some effect on your heart while doing cardio/lifting in the future, then you are gonna be wrong. Somethings gotta give...

Try splitting a 10mg TABLET, NOT XR (TIME RELEASE), early in the morning AFTER breakfast, and then taking the other half AFTER lunch...

I dont mean to come off like I am yelling at you, I just know this stuff very well....sorta like how the big guys on this board know their stuff with regards to super supps from their experience. so lower the fucking dosage man, or next thing you know, you are gonna weigh as much as your doctor ;)

I dunno man I'm going to have to disagree with ya a bit on this one. I started Adderall about a year ago and I've been making steady gains in weight and strength on and off cycle. The only weight loss side effect stemming from Adderall would be appetite related, and this does not affect all people, myself included. I had no appetite for the first couple of days taking 30mg XR, but it came right back and is as stable as it's ever been. I can still throw down 5k calories on a bulk when need be without feeling like total dog shit. I never feel like I'm shoving food down my throat. I think 40mg total of IR is a pretty strong dose for sure though, I'll agree with this part. The XR is 30mg that will last about 12 hours. Personally were I on IR I'd probably be taking 10mg 2x, definitely not 20 2x. This might be a point for me where I could actually see the appetite suppressing qualities of Adderall. But on XR, haven't seen it happen. Physicians tend to overmedicate in some cases, yes, and it can be good or bad depending on what they give you.

40 mgs of adder. Is too much. Way too much actually. I dont care if you have down syndrome type amounts of retarded fucking ADD. You only need 20mgs per day to fuction accordingly. If I were you I would only take 20 and pocket the other 20. You will prob be ok if you take a noxplode kinda product. Just dont take the two products too close to one another.

40 mgs of adder. Is too much. Way too much actually. I dont care if you have down syndrome type amounts of retarded fucking ADD. You only need 20mgs per day to fuction accordingly. If I were you I would only take 20 and pocket the other 20. You will prob be ok if you take a noxplode kinda product. Just dont take the two products too close to one another.

LOL

No, it depends on the person. It's up to the patient and doctor to monitor things, period. Unless someone truly has ADD they have no idea what a difference Adderall and similar type drugs can make, no idea of what it's like to have to try and function in certain arenas while dealing with ADD. And these people are generally unaware that a person who has ADD cannot get used to Adderall. It's the people who don't have ADD that have to keep upping dosages and end up in trouble, feeling like crap or worse.

It's tough for the average person to understand ADD. A lot of people with poor attention spans or low IQ's think they have ADD but they don't. It's like people who have a bad headache once in a while that believe they are migraine sufferers when they actually have no idea what a migraine feels like. In the end, orangejuice07 needs to listen to his doctor, and monitor himself. Then he can scour this thread for his own amusement.

I do admit though that maybe others could be right. Stay away from the Adderall or cut down. You're much safer pinning 1000mg UGL test. :D

I dunno man I'm going to have to disagree with ya a bit on this one. I started Adderall about a year ago and I've been making steady gains in weight and strength on and off cycle. The only weight loss side effect stemming from Adderall would be appetite related, and this does not affect all people, myself included. I had no appetite for the first couple of days taking 30mg XR, but it came right back and is as stable as it's ever been. I can still throw down 5k calories on a bulk when need be without feeling like total dog shit. I never feel like I'm shoving food down my throat. I think 40mg total of IR is a pretty strong dose for sure though, I'll agree with this part. The XR is 30mg that will last about 12 hours. Personally were I on IR I'd probably be taking 10mg 2x, definitely not 20 2x. This might be a point for me where I could actually see the appetite suppressing qualities of Adderall. But on XR, haven't seen it happen. Physicians tend to overmedicate in some cases, yes, and it can be good or bad depending on what they give you.

You must just respond well in that arena cause 99% of the people I know who take adderall have appetite suppression from it. Its an extremely common side effect....you are an extreme rarity with regards to that. seriously man, thats nuts

40mg a day holy shit, I am prescribed to take 20 once a day and I usually only take 10. I'd watch the added sups, adderall and other sups can increase BP, and the obvious heart rate. Be careful bud.

That's a fairly high dose of Amphetamine D (i.e. Adderall).

I'm an ex speed freak. Be very careful.

DLStryker

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear