over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Adderall and training

Designbuilt

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I've been prescribed Adderall... Sorta, I determined that I needed it and so my doctor prescribed it... I tried some because my partner told me that he thinks I have ADD, because of the way I act sometimes and the way my brain is all over the place; so I tried some from a friend just for the hell of it and wow! I felt a lot happier and I was able to get a shit load of work done and just tolerate people in general... So I went to my new doc, got blood work done, then I saw a behaviorist who gave me a test and it seems as if this drug was tailor made for me specifically... I am a much better version of me, as is the world, I feel better, I'm happier and I tolerate everyone a lot more, not wanting to fight all the time...

BTW, this doc had me on Ritalin first and that shit was NASTY! I stopped it after about a week, it made me worse, I kept forgetting things and I was irritable and jumpy, that compound just didn't agree with me, so he switched me to Adderall; now I'm right again...

My point is, how does it affect training and gear? Just out of curiosity... I don't think I'd come off, but just wondering if it negatively affects anything and if anyone else is on it...

Beware. When I first started adderall, my impression was the same: 'this is it! This is what I've been missing all along!' And although it felt like my life was about to change for the better, it really didn't improve at all and then you feel worse when you don't take it. I eventually tapered off.

Same for my wife. She felt like it was the missing piece of the puzzle, but I would observe her take her adderall, then set off on a task... Then start obsessing on something else and hyper-focus on a task that really wasn't that important.

It's hard to describe the subtle ways that it can affect you without realizing it. I have no way of knowing that it will be the same for you, but just keep that in mind.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Like all things, use it occasionally and it’s great! Use it everyday and eventually you’re addicted and it doesn’t do much.

So youre taking basically an amphetamine that behaves like coke in your body. Not surprised you're getting a lot done.
Not sure if you've considered changing areas of your life that suck, or practicing behavior modification... you are taking something highly addictive that stumulates your cns and blood pressure. Gear also has an effect on blood pressure, an increase in hematocrit, and stress on the heart. Really doesnt seem like a wise decision

Last edited:
It surprises me how so many people want to solve their problems (sometimes they are not even problems) with any kind of drugs.

Those drugs never solve long-term problems, but you can get some benefits from stimulants if you use them wisely and discontinued. But doing this is not easy, and the best use is not to make use of it.

Last edited:
I felt the same way about adderall (which I later switched to dexedrine) being some kind of miracle drug. The benefits fade after the first few weeks, leaving you with side effects and a physical dependency on the drug.

I wish I had never gotten started with amphetamine in the first place. It ruined my workouts for years without me knowing, since I had forgotten what it was like to train without it. It gave me side effects like shaky hands that made it look like I was nervous all the time. That gives the wrong kind of impression at work and in personal relationships. It made it impossible to be both calm and focused at the same time. I spent all day either wired and stimulated or crashing hard and running out of energy. It made me feel like I absolutely had to be productive with my time, all day every day. I absolutely had to be working on something at all times. I almost forgot what it was like to relax and enjoy the good things in life. There are good things in life that don't involve being wired and jittery all day.

It ended up ruining my sex life after a few years. That's what finally motivated me to quit. Quitting involves spending a week in bed, depressed and miserable with zero energy and a ravenous appetite. I gained 20 pounds in the first couple weeks both times I quit, since eating at maintenance feels impossible with amphetamine withdrawal.

Long term use improves work productivity at the expense of everything else. Everything else gets better after quitting. Workouts, sex, overall happiness and enjoyment of life. Even knowing that, the temptation is always there to get back on. The first few weeks back always seem so good.

I think if you have ADD/ADHD then a lot of this may or may not apply to you.

I'm on a script for adderall (2x 20mg XR per day) and took it every day for about 3 years. I recently decided to come off for a bit just to do it. Over the time I used it consistently, I noticed a slight diminish in effects but not much and personally had no trouble coming off. It makes me a better person when I take it but I can not take it and be fine, staying on task and not bouncing all over the place is just the struggle still which can be okay depending on my workload.

I've never noticed it to mess with training or anything else besides make it better and much more intense/focused. My blood pressure is always 120/70 or less so I haven't had any BP issues from it. Just monitor how you feel and adjust accordingly.

I felt the same way about adderall (which I later switched to dexedrine) being some kind of miracle drug. The benefits fade after the first few weeks, leaving you with side effects and a physical dependency on the drug.

I wish I had never gotten started with amphetamine in the first place. It ruined my workouts for years without me knowing, since I had forgotten what it was like to train without it. It gave me side effects like shaky hands that made it look like I was nervous all the time. That gives the wrong kind of impression at work and in personal relationships. It made it impossible to be both calm and focused at the same time. I spent all day either wired and stimulated or crashing hard and running out of energy. It made me feel like I absolutely had to be productive with my time, all day every day. I absolutely had to be working on something at all times. I almost forgot what it was like to relax and enjoy the good things in life. There are good things in life that don't involve being wired and jittery all day.

It ended up ruining my sex life after a few years. That's what finally motivated me to quit. Quitting involves spending a week in bed, depressed and miserable with zero energy and a ravenous appetite. I gained 20 pounds in the first couple weeks both times I quit, since eating at maintenance feels impossible with amphetamine withdrawal.

Long term use improves work productivity at the expense of everything else. Everything else gets better after quitting. Workouts, sex, overall happiness and enjoyment of life. Even knowing that, the temptation is always there to get back on. The first few weeks back always seem so good.

Ultimately everyone is different but it sounds like you may not have ADD/ADHD.

Never has made me jittery, usually helps me sleep better, never had a physical dependence, never got super lethargic if I didn't take it. Not saying you definitely do or do not but your symptoms primarily sound like friends I have that definitely do not have ADD/ADHD.

If your older be careful with training. It can cause heart Arrhythmia.

And, hopefully you won't start popping more than one a day. If you are going to use it, stick to the doctor's dosage.

Something to keep in mind is that it will generally increase BP ~10pts on both sides, and will generally increase HR as well. Stuff gear already does for most.

If it were me, I'd ask for the IR version and try and take it only once daily--maybe in the morning, and hopefully by the time training rolled around it'd be mostly out of your system. The IR version has a ~7-10hr half life, so should have a diminished effect by the time training rolls around (if you take it in the am and train in the evening). Hopefully you already are aware of the risks of higher BP and HR during training, and in general.

I'm sure if you decided to do a mild cardio regimen you could negate a lot of the negative cardiac effects of it.

Ultimately these drugs have a risk / reward ratio (like any drug or substance) and you'll need to decide whether it's worth it for YOUR particular situation. I'm at the point in my life where I have to take it, but I try and keep the usage to a minimum--enough to prevent me from falling asleep, but not enough to speed me out and give that euphoric hyper-focus that many love. This usually works out to just 10mg, which is far less than almost anyone else I've ever met taking it. Some days I need more, but I never use more than this amount unless it's absolutely necessary.

I mention this because it's likely your prescription is (or will be) higher than this amount, as I rarely see anyone dosed this low. Find the lowest effective dose that works for you, and use it only as needed and I think you'll be OK.

Last edited:
This is the first I've heard about ADD preventing amphetamine withdrawal. It didn't work that way for me or any of my friends after years of daily use.

Well Rich Piana swore by it so what more endorsements would you need? Lol

Actually 5% nutrition has a product made to be legal Aderall and I couldn’t tell a difference it was that good. I still buy it it’s cheaper than the actual pharm and less hassle to get.

It surprises me how so many people want to solve their problems (sometimes they are not even problems) with any kind of drugs.

Those drugs never solve long-term problems, but you can get some benefits from stimulants if you use them wisely and discontinued. But doing this is not easy, and the best use is not to make use of it.

Kinda funny point of view concerning drugs to find on a board like this. Anyway better living through chemistry I always say.

Kinda funny point of view concerning drugs to find on a board like this. Anyway better living through chemistry I always say.

Not really, Adderal is big pharma selling amphetamines.

IMO, it is more of rec drug than a bodybuiding drug. All the drugs used on this board have negative side effects, it is your own responsibility to research what you put in your own body.

Well I used to do a lot of coke... I'm talking almost an 8 ball a day, of very pure stuff...

it didn't help me focus for shit, in fact my mind was everywhere, the ritalin was about as bad... by the way I kicked the coke habit easily, so I have discipline to quit things...

the adderall doesn't give me a speedy, nor hyper feeling, it actually calms me down. I tolerate people a lot more... I haven't watched TV in years, not even the news, I'm to. Point that I just don't give a shit... I shut off social media for 7 months out if the year, the ritalin made me gare everyone even more, is put my headphones on when people would trybti talk to me and if it didn't pertain to business, I didn't want to hear it... now for the first time, o feel calm and patient, I don't finish people's sentences and I get work done... I agree on not taking it daily though... I'll possibly take weekends off, although I work then too... I'm on the immediate release which I think are better, because they get out of my system quicker and allow me to sleep...

I believe that although we are all in favor of drugs use, we also agree to try to make the most reasonable use possible.

Also this is a board on muscle development, train... ephedrine or ECA would seem a more reasonable option for athletes who wish to use stimulants.

I believe that although we are all in favor of drugs use, we also agree to try to make the most reasonable use possible.

Also this is a board on muscle development, train... ephedrine or ECA would seem a more reasonable option for athletes who wish to use stimulants.

I understand that, but I am not using Adderall to help performance in the gym, I am using it to get my mental state in order... As I said before, it seems to do nothing as far as stimulating affects go... I am taking this with a prescription and under doctor's supervision, I am seeing two doctors, a behaviorist and general twice per month, I also had blood work done, so I think I'm taking adequate precautions...

But I feel calmer and in an overall better mood, but not overly euphoric like alcohol or other recreational drugs made me feel... ephedrine did have a speedy and overly euphoric effect on me though... I was mainly asking if it hindered any type of gains and also was curious if any others have tried it and I did get some pretty solid advice, I glanced through some of it, I am on my way to a meeting, but i'll look over the posts later tonight, thanks for the replies everyone.

It negatively effects my training. Good for everything else. What it does for me while training, is I think too much.

When we train we use our Body's mind. Which means, think less, and sense and feel more.

When you can, trying to train off of it. Or near the end of the Half-Life.

If your gym is a library, adderall is like halo.

If your gym is constructed of iron, it will hinder the mind-body connection.

Last edited:
So youre taking basically an amphetamine that behaves like coke in your body. Not surprised you're getting a lot done.
Not sure if you've considered changing areas of your life that suck, or practicing behavior modification... you are taking something highly addictive that stumulates your cns and blood pressure. Gear also has an effect on blood pressure, an increase in hematocrit, and stress on the heart. Really doesnt seem like a wise decision

Adderall and coke behave almost identical in the brain, but comparing them is apples and oranges. I know because I have tried to use coke in place of adderall. While it does speed one up, coke is useless for ADD. It exacerbates the inattention. And makes people very spontaneous. Does the opposite of what adderall does.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member