over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Adding EAA with meals to replace protein

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Just so there is no confusion , let me start off with saying I have a medical condition from a fucked up surgery that is causing the limit to solid foods an total protein I can take in.

what I can manage at most with solid food and shakes is only about 200g protein and 300g carbs , my fats are only trace from lean meat like chicken breast , 93% turkey , cod , catfish etc. I can't eat much red at one time so I've been limiting my red meat intake so my total calories are pretty low (6'3" , 245 with visible abs) Fats absolutely kill my stomach , a fatty burger or salm , ribeye will have my shitting like a goose so it's hard to add calories that way. Drinking shakes to increase the protein upset my stomach as well , I'm just having a hard time digesting the protein.

so my main question is would adding say 10-15g EAA to each meal (6x a day)help make up for the low protein intake??

I can easily add more carbs with sweet tea and Gatorade due to the sugar but I'd like to keep some nutrients in the calories as much as possible. I'm currently drinking some super greens and a couple V8 juice a day to help get nutrients from the vegetables that I'm lacking

back after my surgery when I had to inject my protein it was tearing me up so I switched to EAAs and sweet potato powder (thanks to Dante and TN) that helped tremendously with slowing down my weight loss , that's what the picture is from 2019

Attachments

• 64A6CC40-F87E-48BF-A628-28E52407831B.jpeg
    64A6CC40-F87E-48BF-A628-28E52407831B.jpeg
    81.3 KB · Views: 60
You know enough to know the EAAs will help.

The only thing you wrote that seemed suspect is the “easily add sweet tea/Gatorade calories” - you could do that but if you’re not timing it around training then you’re just hammering away at your insulin sensitivity...why you do this, so you can retain some pounds of water/glycogen?

Have you tried BPC yet for stomach/intestinal healing? My shit is nothing like your shit but I used to wake up with nausea and often vomit bile in the morning. Some stomach issue undiagnosed. I ran about 300 or 400mg of BPC and those issues never came back.

I
You know enough to know the EAAs will help.

The only thing you wrote that seemed suspect is the “easily add sweet tea/Gatorade calories” - you could do that but if you’re not timing it around training then you’re just hammering away at your insulin sensitivity...why you do this, so you can retain some pounds of water/glycogen?

Have you tried BPC yet for stomach/intestinal healing? My shit is nothing like your shit but I used to wake up with nausea and often vomit bile in the morning. Some stomach issue undiagnosed. I ran about 300 or 400mg of BPC and those issues never came back.
I Know the EAA will help to a point but wondering of my of the big gap I can make up in lack or protein
I've heard that 1g EAA is equal to 4g whole protein but find that hard to believe because it is not a complete protein
Yea drinking the carbs is definitely not what I want to do but it the only way I can get the calories up.
BPC-157 definitely helped my ulcers but one of the issue I have is that there is a mechanical restriction in my duodenum which is why they put in a "bypass" that helps food to pass so all of.it it doesn't have to pass through the duodenum. The problem with that is the pancreas and gall bladder don't produce enough enzymes to break down the protein and fat. I'm pretty sure the pancreas and gall bladder took some damage when I got sick after surgery (sepsis , peritonitis pancreatitis and renal failure)

Good vibes man. I hope somebody has some good advice for you.

How’s your recovery been in the gym? Maybe you can get away with 200 grams of protein. Start with adding it to a few meals and see how it goes. By trying it your the best answer to your question

The 10-15gr 20-30min before a meal will increase protein synthetics more than just the meal or just the EAA. The meat in the meal will help offset missing amino acids. If I can find the studies (years ago when I looked them up) I could only eat about100gr of protein. I got much better results than just adding gram for gram to my protein total in EAA.

If I recall correctly studies showed 10gr of EAA solo is close to 40gr of protein. But pre meal it was like adding 50-60gr. Meals use were 30gr of protein in the study.

Another study showed 15gr was equal to 50gr of protein in extreme conditions for air drops to soldiers.

The 10-15gr 20-30min before a meal will increase protein synthetics more than just the meal or just the EAA. The meat in the meal will help offset missing amino acids. If I can find the studies (years ago when I looked them up) I could only eat about100gr of protein. I got much better results than just adding gram for gram to my protein total in EAA.

If I recall correctly studies showed 10gr of EAA solo is close to 40gr of protein. But pre meal it was like adding 50-60gr. Meals use were 30gr of protein in the study.

Another study showed 15gr was equal to 50gr of protein in extreme conditions for air drops to soldiers.
Thats awesome , I've heard that adding a little extra L-Luecine will help as well. I've always added 2g to my intra and post workout shake

Thats awesome , I've heard that adding a little extra L-Luecine will help as well. I've always added 2g to my intra and post workout shake

True Nutrition has 5gr of Luecine per 10gr. I threw in some glutamine for gut health as well. I follow the same protocol still. I have been able to increase my protein slowly over the years.

I've read that it's the leucine that aids in building muscle (not the other EAAs).

Leucine only would be good if you can have ample protein. EAA is still better intra/post workouts and replacing protein.
I don't know much about intra or post workouts, but the study I was referring to was leucine with minimal protein (~10g or so IIRC) will keep you from going catabolic. Here's a study that's not great for this demographic but it does show the positive influence of leucine and a little protein: https://academic.oup.com/jn/article/148/7/1088/5036735

There was a competitive BB on intense muscle years ago, who had serious digestive problems. He did low protein and high EAAs and looked amazing….can’t remember the handle….

What I would do is get EAAs and add 10g to a 30g protein meal every 3 hours.

If you can’t stomach any real food, I would get a heavily hydrolyzed whey (ultra grade from TN), MCT oil, and highly branched cyclic dextrin. All of those require less work to digest, and see if you can handle that. It’s gonna be bitter as fuck though

There was a competitive BB on intense muscle years ago, who had serious digestive problems. He did low protein and high EAAs and looked amazing….can’t remember the handle….

If you can’t stomach any real food, I would get a heavily hydrolyzed whey (ultra grade from TN), MCT oil, and highly branched cyclic dextrin. All of those require less work to digest, and see if you can handle that. It’s gonna be bitter as fuck though
This^^ is what I would do if I was in a similar situation. My body responds better to a higher fat diet.

Shit man I know exactly who you’re talking about and I can’t remember his name for the life of me

I drink a daily shake of 1 cup liquid egg whites, 1 scoop dymatize iso 100, 80 grams of carbs from cream of rice that I’ve only cooked about 2/3 of the way so it’s still soupy, and 50 grams of karboload. Blend it all up and put it in the fridge till it’s cold. I’m using the fruity pebbles flavord dymatize and this shake tastes delicious, and digests amazingly well for me. 50 grams of protein, 130 grams carbs, no fat

Did you have a Billroth II (Gastrojejunostomy) surgery?

Just so there is no confusion , let me start off with saying I have a medical condition from a fucked up surgery that is causing the limit to solid foods an total protein I can take in.

what I can manage at most with solid food and shakes is only about 200g protein and 300g carbs , my fats are only trace from lean meat like chicken breast , 93% turkey , cod , catfish etc. I can't eat much red at one time so I've been limiting my red meat intake so my total calories are pretty low (6'3" , 245 with visible abs) Fats absolutely kill my stomach , a fatty burger or salm , ribeye will have my shitting like a goose so it's hard to add calories that way. Drinking shakes to increase the protein upset my stomach as well , I'm just having a hard time digesting the protein.

so my main question is would adding say 10-15g EAA to each meal (6x a day)help make up for the low protein intake??

I can easily add more carbs with sweet tea and Gatorade due to the sugar but I'd like to keep some nutrients in the calories as much as possible. I'm currently drinking some super greens and a couple V8 juice a day to help get nutrients from the vegetables that I'm lacking

back after my surgery when I had to inject my protein it was tearing me up so I switched to EAAs and sweet potato powder (thanks to Dante and TN) that helped tremendously with slowing down my weight loss , that's what the picture is from 2019
I have a very similar scar from the small bowel resection surgery I had last year. I've since had problems with digestion and also nausea. I'm still trying to figure out how to get the macros in that I consumed pre bowel obstruction. Protein shakes now make me nauseous but never did before and I take digestive enzymes with every meal. I'm very interested in trying what you're talking about. I wish you the best of luck with your condition.

Is it just extra whey that upsets you? Have you thought about vegan options such as pea protein etc?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131