over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Adding weight on cable machine

mpjuice

Verified Customer
Registered
Verified Customer
Is there some sort of convenient kit where I can add a plates/weight to the cable machine at the gym? Like a pin with a strap. I've been doing it with the pin that you used to select the weight+ a couple of the weights that you put on top of the stack. But I need something where I could place it (hang it off) in the middle of the weight stack.

I could come up with something on my own but it'd be nice if there was something out there that was convenient and easy to throw in my pocket or bag.

Thanks guys!

Is there some sort of convenient kit where I can add a plates/weight to the cable machine at the gym? Like a pin with a strap. I've been doing it with the pin that you used to select the weight+ a couple of the weights that you put on top of the stack. But I need something where I could place it (hang it off) in the middle of the weight stack.

I could come up with something on my own but it'd be nice if there was something out there that was convenient and easy to throw in my pocket or bag.

Thanks guys!
Check the size of you gyms pins , they are probably 3/8" or 5/15" , get a piece of "all thread" same diameter but a few inches longer (any Home Depot or Lowe's has it) , the threads will give a little "traction" for the weights to hang on and not slide off.
NOW
Something you have to realize is that if anything , ANYTHING happens to the machine you are using they will blame your added weight as the cause.
Bands are also a great way to add resistance

Get the smaller size diameter as it will fit in all holes! I have carried around my own pins starting almost 30 years ago. Being able to put on a couple more 45 pounders can come in handy.

I'm just enviable you workout at a gym where you're allowed to do that :cry:

I'm pretty sure the owner of my current gym would just shoot me.

Check the size of you gyms pins , they are probably 3/8" or 5/15" , get a piece of "all thread" same diameter but a few inches longer (any Home Depot or Lowe's has it) , the threads will give a little "traction" for the weights to hang on and not slide off.
NOW
Something you have to realize is that if anything , ANYTHING happens to the machine you are using they will blame your added weight as the cause.
Bands are also a great way to add resistance
Yeah I'll probably go with this. Cheap solution.

I'm just enviable you workout at a gym where you're allowed to do that :cry:

I'm pretty sure the owner of my current gym would just shoot me.
LA fitness, I don't know if they've ever even noticed that I'm doing it like that because the cable machine is in the corner. Plus everyone that works there are just kids pretty much. Some of them do get annoying with the mask thing right now.

ive ged a carabiner and small wallet chain, or a grommet belt, small and light for gym bag and cheap so if you leave it on and walk away you can just get another one

Phillips head screwdriver

.....a bolt?

lol yes that is the most simple way to do it if one cant find a way to rest plates between the stack plates or on top. Some of the machines just make that impossible to just add plates by resting them on top or the middle

I have used a bolt before that i got at home depot that was long enough to thread the hole for the stack and have a few inches stick out the front that i could add a plate or two on. The most ive ever added was a 25lb plate. I didnt wanna break that cable. Id look around like i was some criminal....take the bolt from my bag put it in really quick, throw a plate on and bang out a set of like tricep pushdown and then put bolt back in my bag. Pretty sure one could get kicked out for that but its not my fault they didnt purchase heavy enough stacks..

Phillips head screwdriver
I'd be afraid of that sheering. A grade 8 bolt would probably be the best thing especially with a flat washer if I can find one that's long enough that I could put a lock nut (hand tight) on the other side, I think I'd be golden. Thanks for the tip guys!

ive ged a carabiner and small wallet chain, or a grommet belt, small and light for gym bag and cheap so if you leave it on and walk away you can just get another one
I'll probably do something like that with the chain when I get stronger, right now all I need is up to a 45 lb plate

I usually grab a bunch of cellphones and smash then between the plates.

Would Plate Mates be a viable option for you?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear