over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Adding weight on cable machine

I've added two 45 lb plates to leg extension and rows using my own long pin. I think the only danger would be exceeding the weight capacity of the cable in the machine if it has one. I never had an issue.

I've added two 45 lb plates to leg extension and rows using my own long pin. I think the only danger would be exceeding the weight capacity of the cable in the machine if it has one. I never had an issue.
Don't think the cable is the weak link as the breaking point is more like 2000 pounds +. How the end of the cable attaches the handle is the down side for me. Twice I pulled the cable through clamp at the end of the cable and flew off the seated row, hitting the wall once with my head. Course I never let go of the handle! The gym owner started using 2 clamps on the cable after that.

Don't think the cable is the weak link as the breaking point is more like 2000 pounds +. How the end of the cable attaches the handle is the down side for me. Twice I pulled the cable through clamp at the end of the cable and flew off the seated row, hitting the wall once with my head. Course I never let go of the handle! The gym owner started using 2 clamps on the cable after that.
Yeah, on things like lat pulldown. I had a cheap chinese clip break on me at home, it was a clamp I had on my dip belt. I only had 90 lbs on there and it broke.

Im thinking about things like a leg extension. Not sure if those use cables or what they do. Going to be a weak link somewhere.

I once snapped the cable on a low row machine at my old gym. I had the whole stack on there, I think it was 320 lbs or so. So it wasnt overloaded with a plate, but it still broke. Cables will break. I flew about 5 feet back when it broke. It broke when I was pulling it right up against my gut.

Yeah, on things like lat pulldown. I had a cheap chinese clip break on me at home, it was a clamp I had on my dip belt. I only had 90 lbs on there and it broke.

Im thinking about things like a leg extension. Not sure if those use cables or what they do. Going to be a weak link somewhere.

I once snapped the cable on a low row machine at my old gym. I had the whole stack on there, I think it was 320 lbs or so. So it wasnt overloaded with a plate, but it still broke. Cables will break. I flew about 5 feet back when it broke. It broke when I was pulling it right up against my gut.
Always a fun time. All metal cables will get worn, stretch, and fray given enough bending , rolling back and forth. One pit I trained at the owner didn't fix much till it broke. The braided cables would start to snap the strands and you had to be careful to make sure it didn't rub on you or you would start to saw through your skin.

Is there some sort of convenient kit where I can add a plates/weight to the cable machine at the gym? Like a pin with a strap. I've been doing it with the pin that you used to select the weight+ a couple of the weights that you put on top of the stack. But I need something where I could place it (hang it off) in the middle of the weight stack.

I could come up with something on my own but it'd be nice if there was something out there that was convenient and easy to throw in my pocket or bag.

Thanks guys!
yes there are a few cool items available on amazon

^^ drop set gym, who ever invented this is a genious!

**broken link removed**
^^^ to stack some weight!!! i have one of this, this can hold easily a 100lb plate if your gym has one

Always a fun time. All metal cables will get worn, stretch, and fray given enough bending , rolling back and forth. One pit I trained at the owner didn't fix much till it broke. The braided cables would start to snap the strands and you had to be careful to make sure it didn't rub on you or you would start to saw through your skin.
LOL, yeah ive seen that. I dont know if the cable I was using that snapped was like that or not. It was a low row and couldnt see the whole length. At the time I guessed that it must have been breaking down.

Ive seen cable where the individual fibers are broken and jutting out at odd angles. Looks like a frayed thread on clothing.

All this thread has done is made me
Think I need to up my dose....😂

My “fitness gym” would have a fucking cow right in the floor...placenta and all.. if I tried that

All this thread has done is made me
Think I need to up my dose....

My “fitness gym” would have a fucking cow right in the floor...placenta and all.. if I tried that
Damnit why didnt i think of the screw driver! Nice job TD!

Juggy im sure you can rack those stacks with like tricep pushdown or something. Some of those stacks have like 3 pulleys signicantly reducing the work needed. Just get to gym early when no one is there and theres like one guy working front desk. Go to some pulley far from the desk and add a plate lol...and hope not to get kicked out. In my gym theres no sign saying i CANT add additional weight....lol

Reactions: td
Damnit why didnt i think of the screw driver! Nice job TD!

Juggy im sure you can rack those stacks with like tricep pushdown or something. Some of those stacks have like 3 pulleys signicantly reducing the work needed. Just get to gym early when no one is there and theres like one guy working front desk. Go to some pulley far from the desk and add a plate lol...and hope not to get kicked out. In my gym theres no sign saying i CANT add additional weight....lol

Haha true. I’m going to try it today. Life is all pros and cons. Pros....chicks in leggings and belly shirts. Cons...nazi “trainers”

Haha true. I’m going to try it today. Life is all pros and cons. Pros....chicks in leggings and belly shirts. Cons...nazi “trainers”

The trainers that hassle you are angry because they have to walk the floor since they have no clients. Their anger then translates into even more "no clients."The proper response to them at LTF is, "aren't you supposed to be cleaning the equipment? This machine is dusty." If they ask why you are adding weight, just tell them that the Fish Oil they sold you in the Cafe caused uncontrollable strength gains.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws