over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Additions to daily supplements

ducksonthewall

Newbies
Hey everyone, I've been taking a different look at my supplementation lately and I wanted some input on where I could be doing better. I take a simple, basic approach and put more of an emphasis on health now. I'm 25, 220lbs 18% bf and been training for about 10 years. Using gear for 4. I know it is hard to tell what I am deficient in w/o blood work but this is just a general health approach, please let me know what gaps I could be filling up!

Here is what I take daily:

multi- 3 tabs
vitamin d3: 7000iu
vitamin c: 2 grams
omega 3 fish oil: 3 grams
liv 52: 3 tabs
taurine: 3 grams
arimidex: .5 tab EOD

First, get blood work. You're playing roulette with your health. Not good.

Three big missing products I noticed are Curcumin, Vit K and Ubiquinol

You need to forget about supplements for now and concentrate on your diet. Supplements should "supplement" a healthy diet and help out if you are lacking in certain areas. You need to have the basics (diet) covered before trying to supplement. Although even when following a good diet you could still be missing out on certain vitamins/minerals etc. The only way to know were you are lacking is through extensive blood work. But sure there are many useful supplements that should only add to health.

How tall are you? You need to get your bf% down... nothing drastic but just down a little. Do you do any cardio? What foods are you eating most days? Eating a well balanced diet full of fruits, vegetables, healthy fats and anti-oxidants whilst doing cardio a few days per week will do more for your health than any supplement.

I take a bunch of vitamins/supplements and to be honest...i don't even think they do much for health(I hope im wrong).

Like Elvia said focusing on your diet(avoiding all junk as much as possible) is a safer bet then expecting supps to save us.

Thanks guys. My diet is pretty void of vegetables and fruits to be honest. I'll have some mixed veggies a couple times a week but thats it. I have tried being consistent eating fruits and greens but I honestly just hate them. Hence why I try to cover anything I'm missing. I'm 5'8". I came off of a diet in November where I came down to about 212, and have gained 8lbs since around November. I was honestly just looking for any suggestions as far as my daily supplementation goes. Here is the diet I have settled on the past two months, and I enjoy eating it everyday. This may give a reference for why I chose the supplements I take:

6 eggs cooked in grass fed butter
8oz 93/7 ground beef in 1 cup jasmine rice
1 scoop protein in 8oz milk 1 cup oatmeal in 8oz milk
same as meal 2
train
same as meal 3 minus oatmeal
8oz chicken/2 cans tuna 1 cup white rice
1 cup or so cottage cheese

vitamin d3: most people lack this during the winter months due to lack of sun exposure. I work an office job.
vitamin c: too many benefits to list
omega 3s: anti inflammatory, blood sugar and insulin levels, essential fats
liv52: liver health
TN whole food multi: bc I refuse to eat fruits and vegetables

as far as cardio, I usually walk my dog in the morning a few times a week. The majority of my training done in the weightroom is done at a fairly quick pace after the main movement is finished.

I've been training for a while, and have seen all the fads come and go as far as supplements go. Gakic. Leukic. Anything muscletech lol. I dont do BCAAs, crazy preworkouts, carb powders, intra workouts. All that bullshit makes up about 2% of what it should take to get to the next level. And honestly I dont waste my money it. I do spend my money on things that my diet doesn't cover, which is why I posted here to get some outside input.

I take a bunch of vitamins/supplements and to be honest...i don't even think they do much for health(I hope im wrong).

Like Elvia said focusing on your diet(avoiding all junk as much as possible) is a safer bet then expecting supps to save us.

Well, you are basically made of minerals, amino acids, vitamins, fatty acids. However as it was mentioned before diet has to be on point first. Supplements are added to complement the diet since most product these days LACK several nutrients that once were on the soil. Also depends on what supplements you take. If you buy the cheapest bottle at walmart, then I would agree that it wont do much for health.

Well, you are basically made of minerals, amino acids, vitamins, fatty acids. However as it was mentioned before diet has to be on point first. Supplements are added to complement the diet since most product these days LACK several nutrients that once were on the soil. Also depends on what supplements you take. If you buy the cheapest bottle at walmart, then I would agree that it wont do much for health.

It goes further then that. Our bodies have trouble absorbing and using many supplements...more of what I meant.

For that reason I take inj B complex, Curcumin and Resveratrol.

Something I don't quite get. Firstly that diet looks decent from a bodybuilding perspective. Obviously it's very plain and lacking in essential micronutrients but the bodybuilding base is definitely there. You write you are on aas and you are 18% bodyfat. So are you simply overeating those foods or do you ever add any treats to your diet?

So often guys write their diets but forget to mention they drink 2 litres of coke per day or eat a large pizza twice per week. Are you literally just eating those foods and being very strict? That brings me on to if you are so strict why would you want to be about 18% bf? I never quite get the guys who eat very strict but still allow themselves to be a little fat. If you can eat to a diet plan and are concerned about health why wouldn't you be leaner? So that's why I usually just think they eat treats and aren't 100% so they should be trying to improve diet first and foremost. Although everyone has different goals and some don't want to be really lean but surely cutting back calories and getting leaner will help matters? I don't mean ripped either simply about 12-15% bf.

Sorry if I went off track it's just something I usually think about threads like this (I see them quite a lot).

Anyway looking at your diet and your posts to me you would definitely benefit from adding in a greens and fruit powder and consuming it fairly regularly. Even better you get a blender and start adding in a few fruit/green/vegetable shakes as drinking them is much easier than eating them. Maybe you could try adding things like a little spinach/peppers/mushrooms to your meals. Just a simple way of adding a bit more variety in your diet. Maybe for your oat meal you could add some chia seeds and/or blueberries. Adding in berries is a simple way to boost your anti-oxidant intake and they are low calories and nutrient dense.

Thanks guys. My diet is pretty void of vegetables and fruits to be honest. I'll have some mixed veggies a couple times a week but thats it. I have tried being consistent eating fruits and greens but I honestly just hate them. Hence why I try to cover anything I'm missing. I'm 5'8". I came off of a diet in November where I came down to about 212, and have gained 8lbs since around November. I was honestly just looking for any suggestions as far as my daily supplementation goes. Here is the diet I have settled on the past two months, and I enjoy eating it everyday. This may give a reference for why I chose the supplements I take:

6 eggs cooked in grass fed butter
8oz 93/7 ground beef in 1 cup jasmine rice
1 scoop protein in 8oz milk 1 cup oatmeal in 8oz milk
same as meal 2
train
same as meal 3 minus oatmeal
8oz chicken/2 cans tuna 1 cup white rice
1 cup or so cottage cheese

vitamin d3: most people lack this during the winter months due to lack of sun exposure. I work an office job.
vitamin c: too many benefits to list
omega 3s: anti inflammatory, blood sugar and insulin levels, essential fats
liv52: liver health
TN whole food multi: bc I refuse to eat fruits and vegetables

as far as cardio, I usually walk my dog in the morning a few times a week. The majority of my training done in the weightroom is done at a fairly quick pace after the main movement is finished.

I've been training for a while, and have seen all the fads come and go as far as supplements go. Gakic. Leukic. Anything muscletech lol. I dont do BCAAs, crazy preworkouts, carb powders, intra workouts. All that bullshit makes up about 2% of what it should take to get to the next level. And honestly I dont waste my money it. I do spend my money on things that my diet doesn't cover, which is why I posted here to get some outside input.

To OP:

I take...
VitC
Vit E
D3
Magnisium(chelated)
Green tea extract
R.I.G.S caps (Rhosea, Idebenone, Grape seed extract)
B6(P5p)
Fish Oil
NAC
ALA
Acetyl L Carnitine
Taurine
Schiff Melatonin Ultra
Zinc
Chromium picolinate
Metformin
Curcumin(injectable)
Resveratrol(injectable)
B12complex(injectable)

Last edited:
Something I don't quite get. Firstly that diet looks decent from a bodybuilding perspective. Obviously it's very plain and lacking in essential micronutrients but the bodybuilding base is definitely there. You write you are on aas and you are 18% bodyfat. So are you simply overeating those foods or do you ever add any treats to your diet?

So often guys write their diets but forget to mention they drink 2 litres of coke per day or eat a large pizza twice per week. Are you literally just eating those foods and being very strict? That brings me on to if you are so strict why would you want to be about 18% bf? I never quite get the guys who eat very strict but still allow themselves to be a little fat. If you can eat to a diet plan and are concerned about health why wouldn't you be leaner? So that's why I usually just think they eat treats and aren't 100% so they should be trying to improve diet first and foremost. Although everyone has different goals and some don't want to be really lean but surely cutting back calories and getting leaner will help matters? I don't mean ripped either simply about 12-15% bf.

Sorry if I went off track it's just something I usually think about threads like this (I see them quite a lot).

Anyway looking at your diet and your posts to me you would definitely benefit from adding in a greens and fruit powder and consuming it fairly regularly. Even better you get a blender and start adding in a few fruit/green/vegetable shakes as drinking them is much easier than eating them. Maybe you could try adding things like a little spinach/peppers/mushrooms to your meals. Just a simple way of adding a bit more variety in your diet. Maybe for your oat meal you could add some chia seeds and/or blueberries. Adding in berries is a simple way to boost your anti-oxidant intake and they are low calories and nutrient dense.

I eat this diet every day because it's simple and I enjoy it. Honestly it doesn't get old to me. Do I eat some crap throughout the week too? Absolutely. I am not a bodybuilder, nor do I ever have any intentions of going on stage. So this diet is something that works for me in the long haul, and is more of a habit than a diet honestly. I am getting stronger in the gym and adding some size also.

Also I wasn't under the impression that someone who is 18% bf and adheres to a strenuous exercise regime was at risk for health problems? Sorry if that isn't what you were getting at but overall this is the impression that I get.

The TN whole food multi is actually made up of fruit and vegetable powders, so I'm on track with that.

To OP:

I take...
VitC
Vit E
D3
Magnisium(chelated)
Green tea extract
R.I.G.S caps (Rhosea, Idebenone, Grape seed extract)
B6(P5p)
Fish Oil
NAC
ALA
Acetyl L Carnitine
Taurine
Schiff Melatonin Ultra
Zinc
Chromium picolinate
Metformin
Curcumin(injectable)
Resveratrol(injectable)
B12complex(injectable)

Thanks man, I am thinking of starting NAC too after I am finished up with this liv52. There's quite a bit of literature on NAC. Where do you get the injectable curcumin at?Ive never heard of it before.

I eat this diet every day because it's simple and I enjoy it. Honestly it doesn't get old to me. Do I eat some crap throughout the week too? Absolutely. I am not a bodybuilder, nor do I ever have any intentions of going on stage. So this diet is something that works for me in the long haul, and is more of a habit than a diet honestly. I am getting stronger in the gym and adding some size also.

Also I wasn't under the impression that someone who is 18% bf and adheres to a strenuous exercise regime was at risk for health problems? Sorry if that isn't what you were getting at but overall this is the impression that I get.

Well, adding fat can make you look like you are adding size. The problem is, it isn't muscle. You are not a BodyBuilder due to you being fat and not caring about it. I learn a long time ago on these forums that most people say their BF is lower than stated. You should show a picture. And I am sorry, I am calling you out, you don't follow that DIET you posted, if you did, you be a lot leaner even with some cheat meals. I bet you eat a lot of crap, more then you are stating. By you not eating fruits and vegetables, you are robbing your body of many nutrients. Hell, I just added more super greens and super reds into my Diet without any extra supplements and came back with perfect Blood work, Personally, I rather be skinnier with some abs, then have a fat body, but that is just me. I really like to know how much gear on top of that you are taking. I cut you down to half and have you eat better, then you would be healthier, stronger and look better.

Well, adding fat can make you look like you are adding size. The problem is, it isn't muscle. You are not a BodyBuilder due to you being fat and not caring about it. I learn a long time ago on these forums that most people say their BF is lower than stated. You should show a picture. And I am sorry, I am calling you out, you don't follow that DIET you posted, if you did, you be a lot leaner even with some cheat meals. I bet you eat a lot of crap, more then you are stating. By you not eating fruits and vegetables, you are robbing your body of many nutrients. Hell, I just added more super greens and super reds into my Diet without any extra supplements and came back with perfect Blood work, Personally, I rather be skinnier with some abs, then have a fat body, but that is just me. I really like to know how much gear on top of that you are taking. I cut you down to half and have you eat better, then you would be healthier, stronger and look better.

x2

Ducksonthewall I am no bodybuilder and have no intentions of stepping on stage either but that isn't a valid reason for being fat. Everyone has different goals and an ideal physique. But when you write what you have I think it's valid for the replies you are receiving. Meaning if some guy posted I just want to be bigger and I am not too bothered about health etc then great eat everything they want. But when you write about supplements to improve your health when it's obvious your diet is not what it should be then it's all a bit pointless using loads of health supplements.

I also don't get why when I asked you to list what foods you eat you wrote that diet plan without mentioning (until later) you don't stick to it. It's obvious you didn't as Pesty stated you should be leaner if you did.

I don't mean to have a go at you but again to me it just seems like a waste adding to your supplements when you are not eating at least 80% clean/good.

Bulking at 18% is just a recipe to get fatter. Some don't mind that but trust me you will look a lot better a bit smaller at 12-15% then 20 pounds heavier at 20%+

As Pesty stated post some pics. I actually had a feeling you were one of the extremely rare ones and your bodyfat was about right or even over estimating. But 99% of people post a bf% lower than they really are. A pic will show us a lot and maybe you are not as fat as you think. If you follow that diet even 80% and use aas to me you should be looking good.

Thanks man, I am thinking of starting NAC too after I am finished up with this liv52. There's quite a bit of literature on NAC. Where do you get the injectable curcumin at?Ive never heard of it before.

The sponsor veteran supplies carries it here. If you are considering it make sure you do ALOT of reading in the thread first. It's rough stuff to deal with at first.

I don't think I'm a that much of a fatass. But here is what I believe 18% to be. Maybe add 2% because of the disgusting mirror.

Attachments

99.3 KB · Views: 165
Add some Vitamin K2 (mk-7). It will complement the Vitamin D and help with calcium absorption + its good for your heart.

Other than that Zinc and Magnesium since it's really cheap.
Take some zinc at around 20mg 3-5 times a week. You don't need a lot with a good diet. Too much can push you towards toxicity.

Magnesium 200mg+ / day.

I don't think I'm a that much of a fatass. But here is what I believe 18% to be. Maybe add 2% because of the disgusting mirror.

I think you got potential to look real good. You seem less then 18 % here. You don't look too bad at all, but you would look so much better if you just leaned out slightly. You don't have to do extreme diets either.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member