over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Adjustable dumbbells gouging??

Ive got a feeling that home gym equipment is going to be in high demand for a long time now. Even after gyms open there are going to be crazy rules to follow, the number of members allowed inside at the same time is going to be low and youll have to wait. I think a lot of guys that are serious about lifting are going to get their own home gym if they have the room and can afford it.

Thats exactly what I’m doing, for that exact reason. I don’t pay a gym membership to make an appointment or only to be able to stay for an hour, fuck that. When they open I’ll go, but in the meantime I’ll be buying what I can and when I have what I need it’s bye bye commercial gym.

This whole situation is likely to cripple the gym industry for quite sometime as you said.

Ive got a feeling that home gym equipment is going to be in high demand for a long time now. Even after gyms open there are going to be crazy rules to follow, the number of members allowed inside at the same time is going to be low and youll have to wait. I think a lot of guys that are serious about lifting are going to get their own home gym if they have the room and can afford it.

Yah i agree. I just want to be prepared for if this virus comes back later in the year and everything shuts down again. Theres a lot of bobo stuff out there but quality stuff from like rogue and elitefts sure as hell aint cheap. It will be worth it though.

Yah i agree. I just want to be prepared for if this virus comes back later in the year and everything shuts down again. Theres a lot of bobo stuff out there but quality stuff from like rogue and elitefts sure as hell aint cheap. It will be worth it though.
I got mine,except for weights and dumbbells, from New York Barbell. If you look on here in the thread about showing our home gym you'll see a pic of mine. The cost there is very affordable a great quality. Had mine for about 15 years and its as good as new.

Wow, looks like they are down now but weren't a few weeks ago.

Products here.

I got mine,except for weights and dumbbells, from New York Barbell. If you look on here in the thread about showing our home gym you'll see a pic of mine. The cost there is very affordable a great quality. Had mine for about 15 years and its as good as new.

Wow, looks like they are down now but weren't a few weeks ago.

Products here.

Great site mal !

Wish i was there with you

In EU only rogue ( not all lineup ) and overpriced + tax 🙁

My HR-2 monster lite half rack goes for around 1000 $ full extra and i paid 1800€

I wanted to get rogue monster colegiate half rack ( 3x3 11 gauge steel , 1 hardware ) but is not available for EU

And i would LOVE to get rogue monster bolt on lat machine but this also not available

So i got the powertec lat machine 2019 model and tbh is great for less than half the money ( 500 lb weight capacity !!! 200 lb stack + 300 lb plate loaded)

Respect

Great site mal !

Wish i was there with you

In EU only rogue ( not all lineup ) and overpriced + tax

My HR-2 monster lite half rack goes for around 1000 $ full extra and i paid 1800€
Dang, that's crazy pricing. Do you not have any equipment made there in Europe so that the pricing is better? They've got you paying much too much.

Dang, that's crazy pricing. Do you not have any equipment made there in Europe so that the pricing is better? They've got you paying much too much.

Hello mal 😇

Just came home from work , how was your day my friend ?

Im not very tech savy , i not know any good brand in EU and i hate throw money on bullshit

So i went with what i knew

But yes i told customer support that this is bit unacceptable and he said they working to lower prices for EU

Respect

Hello mal

Just came home from work , how was your day my friend ?

Im not very tech savy , i not know any good brand in EU and i hate throw money on bullshit

So i went with what i knew

But yes i told customer support that this is bit unacceptable and he said they working to lower prices for EU

Respect
Ideally you would be able to visit a showroom near you and see the equipment before you buy it. There has got to be some EU stuff being sold that is decent.

Hmm, this is just some wild speculation, but maybe for some unknown reason, the demand for fitness equipment went up massively and unexpectedly? And maybe the manufacturers of adjustable dumbbells can't just ramp up production by a factor of 100 on short notice?? So then demand would exceed supply by orders of magnitude??? Could it be that very many people compete to receive the few available products, and could it be that they are willing to pay exorbitant prices to receive some of this very scarce resource????? Could it be that sellers know about this and ramp up prices?????? Could that just maybe explain the current market prices????

This, something is worth what it will sell for, demand goes up the price goes up, basic economics.

What shocks me

The price (due to demand) of the adjustable ones, and the fixed ones (a 20lb dumbbell, 25, 30, etc).

Why are people not just buy-in the handles, then buying plates for 1.40$ a lb (that is what they go for about) and putting them together? Then you can progress. So its basically the same as the adjustable ones but at a fraction of the price, and not as fancy, and will never break. You just have to slide the weights on like an olympic barbell.

Say someone spends $70 on 2x 25lb weights. What about if you want to overhead press them but need 60lbs, or do rear delt flys and need 10lbs? If you just buy the handles and plates you can make them any weight.

But for some reason people want a 60lb fixed dumbbell, or a 70, at 4x the price. I don't understand it to be honest .

This, something is worth what it will sell for, demand goes up the price goes up, basic economics.

What shocks me

The price (due to demand) of the adjustable ones, and the fixed ones (a 20lb dumbbell, 25, 30, etc).

Why are people not just buy-in the handles, then buying plates for 1.40$ a lb (that is what they go for about) and putting them together? Then you can progress. So its basically the same as the adjustable ones but at a fraction of the price, and not as fancy, and will never break. You just have to slide the weights on like an olympic barbell.

Say someone spends $70 on 2x 25lb weights. What about if you want to overhead press them but need 60lbs, or do rear delt flys and need 10lbs? If you just buy the handles and plates you can make them any weight.

But for some reason people want a 60lb fixed dumbbell, or a 70, at 4x the price. I don't understand it to be honest .
I owned the Olympic dumbells that are plate loaded when I first started out in the 80s. They work fine, but in order to get a lot of weight on them you end up having to use 25 lb plates on them and they get big/ unwieldy. Another thing, the collars are more apt to come off while you are lifting. I felt like I had to constantly tighten them between sets, I didn't have those spring style collars everyone uses now, they didn't have those back then. Those might work better if you get a set that fits really realty tight. Those dumbells are also fairly long and that makes them even more uncomfortable. But If you're on a budget, they are the best way to go.

When I bought my newer stuff I wanted the hex dumbells because they are small and compact. Much more comfortable to use.

Anyone has the Bowflex Selectech adjustable DB's? Happy about them?

My lifting partner just got a pair in the other day and hasn't really had a chance to use them yet but he seems happy with them. I think he said they were $300.

I owned the Olympic dumbells that are plate loaded when I first started out in the 80s. They work fine, but in order to get a lot of weight on them you end up having to use 25 lb plates on them and they get big/ unwieldy. Another thing, the collars are more apt to come off while you are lifting. I felt like I had to constantly tighten them between sets, I didn't have those spring style collars everyone uses now, they didn't have those back then. Those might work better if you get a set that fits really realty tight. Those dumbells are also fairly long and that makes them even more uncomfortable. But If you're on a budget, they are the best way to go.

When I bought my newer stuff I wanted the hex dumbells because they are small and compact. Much more comfortable to use.

I noticed that most of the standard dumbbell handles (I have 2 of them), if I had to guess could hold 6x 10 lb plates on each side? So someone could go up to 120. Thats a guess I will try them out tomorrow. Luckily that is plenty for me. The only exercise I may ever need more would be chest press or DB shrugs. I do have some other standard 1 inch handles a girl I was dating gave me, I bet they can hold a few more plates because they are longer, so maybe 160. I haven't seen these for sale on facebook so maybe its a rare find I just got lucky and got my hands on. I will try and get a pic of them. But I definitely agree a 25lb plate on a dumbbell is not goin to work lol. Too awkward

I went on YouTube and searched DIY cement plates,you can also make dumbells of any size and weight.. yesterday I made 2 30lb cement plates with PVC inserts,reinforced with rebar..its really easy! I plan on making more

Interesting, any idea how we would know how much concrete to make a certain LB weight? Or do they just make one, then it is whatever weight it is? Maybe chip off some of its too heavy, but then its not round, lol.

Here are some instructions on how to do it, actually pretty good. They are using Kgs, but you can convert to pounds. It shows the mass of each component of the mixture and how to use rebar. Ignore the roosters! The guy makes a machine too for doing squats and rows, and more!

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws