over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Adjustable dumbbells gouging??

Was just with the lawn sprinkler guy getting it hooked up again for this summer/ spring and he was telling me how parts for it are now up %60 in the last few years. Hes not a fan of Trump and blamed it on tariffs. I dont know if he is right or not. Maybe tariffs on China are starting to show up?

Another word for price gouging is capitalism. If you don't want to spend what some one else is don't buy it. And when prices go back to where they were remember who those companies were and don't support them. If a company treats you good even if they are a little more speny I support them.

Another word for price gouging is capitalism. If you don't want to spend what some one else is don't buy it. And when prices go back to where they were remember who those companies were and don't support them. If a company treats you good even if they are a little more speny I support them.
I messaged a guy on FB Marketplace about the adjustable dummbells he's selling for $1,200. I told him that in June I'd give him $350. He said if he still has them they're mine.

As I mentioned in another thread. I have a pair of adjustable's I'll give away for free. But I'm not going to the trouble of mailing them so it would have to be to someone locally.

Unless someone from LA or Phoenix wants to make the trip for them. lol

Actually now that I think about it, I should trade them for hand sanitizer and toilet paper.

pm me we can work out a deal??:)

I have to get a land line so I can get my old brother fax machine up and going for my soon to be ex wife's lawyer. I could put a flyer in it and dial *67 then the number and it would keep calling the number until it got a fax line. I'd send it to someone's cell phone who pissed me off and it's a real pain in the ass. You could also set it to repeat and it just kept faxing the same document. Someone with a fax machine would come to work on a Monday and all their paper would be out with hundreds of faxes still waiting to come in. Yes I'm a vindictive sob.

I have to get a land line so I can get my old brother fax machine up and going for my soon to be ex wife's lawyer. I could put a flyer in it and dial *67 then the number and it would keep calling the number until it got a fax line. I'd send it to someone's cell phone who pissed me off and it's a real pain in the ass. You could also set it to repeat and it just kept faxing the same document. Someone with a fax machine would come to work on a Monday and all their paper would be out with hundreds of faxes still waiting to come in. Yes I'm a vindictive sob.
Man, that's a bitch! That's a form of domestic terrorism!

Man, that's a bitch! That's a form of domestic terrorism!
Very true. Didn't really utilize it that much though. First time was when I was a wholesale mortgage lender rep for a big bank and we were on one of those sales trips in Vegas right before the election in 2004 and they had been suggesting everyone donate to the republican party. I made the mistake of telling my bosses boss I wouldn't be donating to something I don't believe in. They found a ridiculous reason to fire me not even two weeks later. Kinda dumb if you ask me to fire one of your best producers because their politics don't align with yours. I actually

Very true. Didn't really utilize it that much though. First time was when I was a wholesale mortgage lender rep for a big bank and we were on one of those sales trips in Vegas right before the election in 2004 and they had been suggesting everyone donate to the republican party. I made the mistake of telling my bosses boss I wouldn't be donating to something I don't believe in. They found a ridiculous reason to fire me not even two weeks later. Kinda dumb if you ask me to fire one of your best producers because their politics don't align with yours. I actually
That's crazy, firing you like that. Probably not just a coincidence. That sort of thing should never happen. I've felt uncomfortable at times because my of political beliefs but never lost a job. That's rough. Workplaces should not even discuss politics. I'm Republican and recently when I was subbing I'd feel like a leper in the lunchroom, but it stopped there.

That's crazy, firing you like that. Probably not just a coincidence. That sort of thing should never happen. I've felt uncomfortable at times because my of political beliefs but never lost a job. That's rough. Workplaces should not even discuss politics. I'm Republican and recently when I was subbing I'd feel like a leper in the lunchroom, but it stopped there.
I found out a few days later it wasn't a coincidence at all. I got in a real heated conversation with my boss and he yelled, "You idiot, you should have never said you were a liberal" which I never did. I'm a republican now, I guess. I'm certainly not one of those fair alt right types just like when I was younger and liberal was never one of those weird far leftists. People get way to dogmatic about politics. People should be able to have debates/conversations with friends and colleagues where we typically can come to some middle ground. Yes in education would probably bad to say you're a republican.

You're actually incorrect. Price gouging denotes an illegal activity. Taking advantage of somebody in times of a catastrophe or crisis to exploit them on something essential (like water for instance).

I don't think sellers on Amazon and Facebook Marketplace running their prices up because there is a high demand for dumbbells qualifies in ANY WAY as price gouging.

You're actually incorrect. Price gouging denotes an illegal activity. Taking advantage of somebody in times of a catastrophe or crisis to exploit them on something essential (like water for instance).

I don't think sellers on Amazon and Facebook Marketplace running their prices up because there is a high demand for dumbbells qualifies in ANY WAY as price gouging.

You don't think exercise equipment, which helps keep you healthy in numerous ways, isn't essential? Between toilet paper and exercise equipment; I would rather have exercise equipment any day.

oh hell yeah man I agree with you! But, no I do not think it would be classified on the level of water or food or medical services.

We're seeing the same with hiking trails in our area. Forest Service is closing them down one after the other because they're not essential. We think hiking with our 18 month old son is essential for our health! Thankfully we have trails on our private property we can go on, but what about people that live in apartments. Its sad...the government has never been good at taking care of its citizen's well-being (at least the US government).

The best thing you can take from this is a lesson. You need to be prepared. I already have a home gym at my house. I have a stock of food and water and other basic supplies. People were laughing at me on this site about adding to my stockpile in Feb. Now they're not laughing I guess. Maybe everybody can learn something about BEING PREPARED and not relying on other people.

oh hell yeah man I agree with you! But, no I do not think it would be classified on the level of water or food or medical services.

We're seeing the same with hiking trails in our area. Forest Service is closing them down one after the other because they're not essential. We think hiking with our 18 month old son is essential for our health! Thankfully we have trails on our private property we can go on, but what about people that live in apartments. Its sad...the government has never been good at taking care of its citizen's well-being (at least the US government).

The best thing you can take from this is a lesson. You need to be prepared. I already have a home gym at my house. I have a stock of food and water and other basic supplies. People were laughing at me on this site about adding to my stockpile in Feb. Now they're not laughing I guess. Maybe everybody can learn something about BEING PREPARED and not relying on other people.
Yeah, real price gouging like with what has been done with water in the past can be punishable by law.

I made a pair of adjustable dumbells when I worked in a machine shop.
Totally unlike anything I have ever seen before or since. A very simple,
safe, dare I say elegant, elementary design (in retrospect), easy to
change the weights on, and inexpensive to manufacture. The only draw-
back was that the dumbells were ‘unstable’ (not unsafe) when put on
the ground, but you will get used to that soon enough.

I have no clue what happened to them, lost among the various moves I
have made in my life no doubt and if I get a chance I will draw something
up, scan the drawing and post it up. It won’t have dimensions, but will
give you some idea for a starting point if you want to make a pair.

According to this price gouging has been deemed to be totally legal.

According to this price gouging has been deemed to be totally legal.
lol not going to get into a discussion based on whether or not price gouging is illegal from a wikipedia link. Its not legal, there's precedent set, and anywhere in the United States you can be arrested and prosecuted based on the precedents set in certain places during certain disasters. Enjoy your internet information, Buck :)

I went on YouTube and searched DIY cement plates,you can also make dumbells of any size and weight.. yesterday I made 2 30lb cement plates with PVC inserts,reinforced with rebar..its really easy! I plan on making more

I went on YouTube and searched DIY cement plates,you can also make dumbells of any size and weight.. yesterday I made 2 30lb cement plates with PVC inserts,reinforced with rebar..its really easy! I plan on making more

Sell them on Offer Up and you could make a killing!

lol not going to get into a discussion based on whether or not price gouging is illegal from a wikipedia link. Its not legal, there's precedent set, and anywhere in the United States you can be arrested and prosecuted based on the precedents set in certain places during certain disasters. Enjoy your internet information, Buck :)
[/QUOTE]
Price gouging is a a term used to describe a situation. But you continue to think of it any way you want. Works for me.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws