over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Adrenal fatigue, is it real?

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Do you believe it is real? When a bodybuilder feels run down is it simply over dieting, over training, or sometimes something more serious? Had anyone here ever been diagnosed?

It's a symptom of hormone impairment not a diagnoses, it be like calling a fever a disease.

Adrenal fatigue is not real, some studies show it

Remember when I went to a holistic place.. did a bunch of bloodwork and saliva tests.. they tell me "adrenal fatigue" my dum ass walked out of there missing 3gs from my wallet with all the retarded supps they had me taking. So I would call BS personally.

adrenal fatigue is real. My wife has blood work done showing all the signs, hormones off and feels it. That`s after 7 1/2 years of school straight. The last 3.6 yrs in med school, 30 credits per quarter, year round school. Plus work, family. For a body builder feeling "run down" or just general fatigue, I would guess at many other things before adrenal fatigue.

Absolutely real but, as stated, it’s due to hormone imbalance/impairment

It's a symptom of hormone impairment not a diagnoses, it be like calling a fever a disease.

Even though, this sounds accurate. I do however believe that Adrenal Fatigue is real, but I don't believe docs don't have an actual term for it???

People have hormonal imbalances due to a variety of reasons, adrenal insufficiency, etc. There is zero evidence that these hormonal issues are caused by adrenal fatigue. Not one person in the world can post any evidence that these non-descript generalized symptoms of fatigue, etc and hormonal imbalances are due to the adrenal glands being "over worked" to the point of fatigue so that they are no longer able to function properly. This is completely made up bullshit by a fucking chiropractor no less (James Wilson, 1998) literally without one shred of evidence to support it. Literally pulled out of his ass, literally pulled out of the sky. Think of all the things we had evidence of and we ended up still being wrong. Adrenal fatigue is a complete invention of someone's mind. It assigns causation of non-descript symptoms, a high percentage of which are entirely psychosomatic, and possible hormonal imbalances or deficiencies to a completely fabricated cause. These are the facts, not an opinion. There are no other facts to counter this argument, only useless opinions with zero evidence for causation.

Rex.

Bodybuilders experiencing adrenal fatigue is not happening as a result of training. Itsjust not realistic.

Physical fatigue from the stress and presence of the cascading effects of excess adrenaline is a thing. I refer you to Cushing's Syndrome.

Hormonal imbalances

Had a had a bing bong

Stop being a pussy

You're not overtraining

Here's an article I wrote on that topic:
https://www.t-nation.com/living/tip-you-do-not-have-adrenal-fatigue

Additionally, chronic (excessive) cortisol elevation will upregulate the PNMT enzyme that converts noradrenaline into adrenaline. So it can lead to noradrenaline depletion and a desensitization of the beta adrenergic receptors due to excess adrenaline. These two will give you the symptoms of what we call "adrenal burnout/fatigue"

Last edited:
Here's an article I wrote on that topic:
https://www.t-nation.com/living/tip-you-do-not-have-adrenal-fatigue

Additionally, chronic (excessive) cortisol elevation will upregulate the PNMT enzyme that converts noradrenaline into adrenaline. So it can lead to noradrenaline depletion and a desensitization of the beta adrenergic receptors due to excess adrenaline. These two will give you the symptoms of what we call "adrenal burnout/fatigue"

Good to see you posting over here. Been following your stuff for 10 years now.

I have sleep apnea and trouble sleeping with my mask. Could be placebo - only tried two mornings - but Tyrosine seems to be helping be more alert. Thanks for the suggestions there

It's bringing up Tyrosine bc I have found it's pretty effective for fatigue if taken at the right dose. I have 2g to be where the magic starts.

Good to see you posting over here. Been following your stuff for 10 years now.

I have sleep apnea and trouble sleeping with my mask. Could be placebo - only tried two mornings - but Tyrosine seems to be helping be more alert. Thanks for the suggestions there

Tyrosine can absolutely increase energy level since it's a precursor to dopamine (thus indirectly to adrenaline).

I've been following this board for a long time (Meadows directed me) because the overall knowledge is very high. Learned quite a few things here over the years.

No, the 7g is to test, not a daily dose. 2-3g is the proper dose for most.

Whoops

Tyrosine can absolutely increase energy level since it's a precursor to dopamine (thus indirectly to adrenaline).

I've been following this board for a long time (Meadows directed me) because the overall knowledge is very high. Learned quite a few things here over the years.

Hmm. Today I didnt get as much of a boost but I also got a better night sleep than usual.

Would it make sense that it helps specifically with fatigue from sleep apnea or am I imagining this lol?

Would it make sense that it helps specifically with fatigue from sleep apnea or am I imagining this lol?

Well the way I see it is that if you increase dopamine you will also increase noradrenaline which will increase focus, a definite problem with sleep apnea.

My guess is simply that you notice it more after a night where you had severe sleep apnea because you wake up a lot more tired than when you slept well.

If you are an 8/10 when you wake up and you to 9/10 you notice it as much as if you go from 5 to 9.

Tyrosine used to give me a bad anxiety. I would seriously have panic attacks from it back in my 20s. I have had some amazing lifts on it. Nothing like drol...lol

Cortisol came back a little high 19.8 (6.2-19.4). Dr. Notes say this is not significant. Agree?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws