over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Advice ASAP

....you gave it your best, Phil.

I am a recovering alcoholic - sober over six years (by God's Grace and AA)...it works for me.

I am not "anonymous" about it as I feel I didn't give a damn when I was staggering down Main Street, so why care when I am making myself a better person.

I can't get ANYONE else sober, Phil...if they want to listen to what I was told by people more sober than myself, then fine. If not, there's not a damn thing I can do about it...they have to find out for themselves.

People in AA - men and women with 10, 15, 20 years of sobriety tell newcomers to "take the cotton out of your ears, and put it in your mouth." Just shut the hell up and listen...cause your BEST thinking got you drunk!!!!

...same with you, my friend - we are powerless over people, but we are NOT powerless over our REACTION to what people decide to do....it's their decision in the end.

I listened (this time) - because I wanted what they had...a sober life with some serenity, integrity and sanity.

The final choice was MINE.

Regards...JB:p

Names

When someone tries to ruin a reputation, especially mine, and posts his picture on here with his placing, I have no problem naming him. I have nothing to hide, and if he is going this route, he shouldn't either. JB, you made a great point. I need to let it go and not worry about what he does with my info.

BIG A........YEP, LIKE ME.

BIG A........If I was going to ask someone for help, Phil would probably be a good one. I'd also ask you or Big Kiwi specific questions on contest prep and try it out and see how my body responded. .......or were you crackin' on me? Sorta like..."jethro you could use some help".......:) is that what you are getting at? If so, I heartily agree.

Ballplayer: Possibly you misunderstand........if you are lucky enough to have professional help. Maybe you should take it. That's all I am saying. Other folks agree......do what you want.

Re: BIG A........YEP, LIKE ME.

JETHRO TULL said:

Ballplayer: Possibly you misunderstand........if you are lucky enough to have professional help. Maybe you should take it. That's all I am saying. Other folks agree......do what you want.

Seriously man........... how many of us can say (much less have) that we are being assited / advised by a pro bodybuilder? Why not do exactly as told, and if you are unhappy with the results, THEN perhaps try a different approach. You are a trainer so you prolly already have your own ideas, but hell, if I were in your shoes I would give myself to him, really commit to the guy I paid, and record everything for the future. Even changing one little thing can prolly scew up the whole gameplan ya know?:rolleyes:

I use this one all the time and its relevant here.

" If your goal was to drive in Nascar would you go ask the guy at the go cart place how to get started?"

LEX
ps Phill do you know who took the superheavies?

Re: BIG A........YEP, LIKE ME.

JETHRO TULL said:
.......or were you crackin' on me? Sorta like..."jethro you could use some help".......:) is that what you are getting at?

Certainly not. I was just mucking around. :)

LEX

I am not sure who won the show. I hear the Superheavies were big, but with strange shape.
Skip, it was hard, with Balplayers income, so I charged him $100.

Re: LEX

PHIL HERNON said:

Skip, it was hard, with Balplayers income, so I charged him $100.

I know where you are coming from, bro. I do the same thing sometimes to help out but you know, it always bites me in the ass when I drop fees to help someone out. That is just my experience but it almost makes me feel like they take it for granted most times.

I was just stabbing at you, Phil.

Skip

I know you were kidding Skip

And I do need to up my rates. I just feel bad when these guys sing me the story of not being able to pay me because they have other bills. I guess I should always get the money up front instead of begging for it half way through.

just to let you guys know .. i just read on muscle mayhem, josh is asking another guy for contest prep...
derik

Re: I know you were kidding Skip

PHIL HERNON said:
And I do need to up my rates. I just feel bad when these guys sing me the story of not being able to pay me because they have other bills. I guess I should always get the money up front instead of begging for it half way through.

You are guilty of being a nice guy. I am sometimes guilty of being an asshole.

Phil, the grass is always greener........ ;)

Skip

Yea Derik

I hope he finds what he is looking for. I feel sorry for the next guy who tries to help him. The problem is that it comes down to genetics. When this sport isn't for you, you get desperate and blame the program you are on and try to change everything around.
BTW, do you guys know who Derik is? National champ last year, LW.

phil,
you are exactly right .. genetics are huuge in the sport... i mean look at you and me , you 've got me by 100lbs... so people ask me why do you want to go pro you can't compete against the pros today.. i never said i could i wanted to push my genetics as far as i could , my only goal was to earn the pro card, anything after that is a bonus, but i have been in the last 15 ironman mags [various pics] so i do get exposure, its al about what path you want to take, i train people and the mags are a good advertisment , like alot say , the average joe doesnt know the difference between mr. usa or the night of champions...
i seen alot of guys at nationals , usa's wiht just poor genetics and they poor there life into gettign that card.,... and liek phil said , FOR WHAT? doesnt mean we get a paycheck out of it .. just means well, now the real work starts,

but honestly i hope he finds what he is looking for too [balplayer

derik

I have heard nothing but good things about Derik. We do not know each other personally but I understand he is a cool cat.

I just assumed everyone knew who he was.

Skip

Skip said:
I have heard nothing but good things about Derik. We do not know each other personally but I understand he is a cool cat.

I just assumed everyone knew who he was.

Skip

Cool Cat ????? Hey Skip, get hip and step out of the 70's and join us. :)

I am just pumped up because I get to shitload tonight. LOL

This has been a great read for a dedicated newbie.
If at anytime in the furture i can gain the trust of Members of this board I do beleive phil would be one of frist I would consult.
I'm not a pro at anything (LOL) but damn good at a few things and when people ask me for info then do there own thing I ask myself Why in the F*CK did they even bother.
I've been doing alot of research on many boards and if it means anything to the members of this board I feel IMO it is one of the best.
Thanks for reading from a newbie to this board.
Notguilti

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity