over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

advice for my training partner

tkav1980

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
we train together roughly 3 times a week. more spotting eachother because i train under phil and he follows DC. we are both 5'7" im 202 and he's 175. for years we followed the same cycle plans and same workout programs. diets are different now. im not sure if his problem is diet related. he eats like a horse. and is verry diligent on calculating his macro's. last time we looked at it he is consuming 450 protien, 390 fat, and 550 carbs throughout the day. LBA's which i turned him onto at 4 tbsp between each meal. being 27 lbs lighter he is just as strong as i am. his current cycle is 500mg test e a week. there are 9 weeks left before pct. i cant figure out why he isnt gaining weight. i tend to think its a combination of genetics and diet...i.e. he's not consuming enough to grow with his genetics. oh one other thing, the guy is ripped to shreads, 6 pack all year round, quad seperation, the whole 9. he doesnt look like alex a but id guess he is maybe 5-10 lbs from show weight. how can i get him to grow.

How many calories is he consuming?

Bump this question.

Im interested to know too. My diet has been there as my workouts have as well. Sleep is good.
...and I can never seem to grow like others....Could just be genetics...Maybe I just need to eat far more than I think...could be his case too.
????

I found for myself a lower dose, longer, seems to work best for me, but I am still a noob in the grand scheme of things. I wish I could put my finger on it.

My workout partner is 50, eats half what I do and grows quite well. We workout daily with the same routine. Im still leaning towards genetics, but I hope not...I hope it's something I missing. I'd much rather have my ignorance corrected then deal with poor genetics.

not to be a smart ass...

But does he know for a fact his supplments are legit? That was the first thing that popped into my head..

I am some what of a "hard gainer" myself. I have made it a point for the last three years to pack as much weight as I can during the winter and then diet back down to my original BF (8-9%). I gain about 5-7 lbs of quality mass per year. But for me to do that I have to gain about 25-30 during the winter. You have to eat to grow! If he is staying ripped year round he isn't eating enough imo. When I start a "bulking" cycle my diet goes from 3500 - 4000 cals a day to almost 6500! For the first few weeks I am bloated, farty, and very uncomfortable to be around. After that it is smooth sailing.

SAME AS ME

I am some what of a "hard gainer" myself. I have made it a point for the last three years to pack as much weight as I can during the winter and then diet back down to my original BF (8-9%). I gain about 5-7 lbs of quality mass per year. But for me to do that I have to gain about 25-30 during the winter. You have to eat to grow! If he is staying ripped year round he isn't eating enough imo. When I start a "bulking" cycle my diet goes from 3500 - 4000 cals a day to almost 6500! For the first few weeks I am bloated, farty, and very uncomfortable to be around. After that it is smooth sailing.

I do about the same as Showy does. Years ago I was on the phone with Dante and told him my diet and I was wondering why I wasn't growing, he said " What !?, you need to eat more red meat and DOUBLE your carb intake, and stop eating so clean, jeez eat some cheeseburgers already, no wonder your not growing." I think it was 1996 maybe. Well ever since then I have slowly learned over the years how to eat to grow. But it also sounds like your friend has a super fast metabolism and is naturally very lean as I always was. How old is he? I could not gain when I was younger no matter what I ate. But the older I got the easier it got.

that's 7510 calories...I'd be interested to see what he puts down to get to those numbers. those calories have to go somewhere...maybe he does marathons behind your back.

he is 26, and does NO CARDIO at all. he's always been shreaded, even before he ever touched a weight he always was that kid with the sick 6 pack for no reason.

He just isnt eating enough for him...For most yeah, he would be...But if he has abs year around, and is only 5-10lbs away from contest shape all year...then his metabolism is flying....

chris

He just isnt eating enough for him...For most yeah, he would be...But if he has abs year around, and is only 5-10lbs away from contest shape all year...then his metabolism is flying....

chris

were actually going to try an experiment this week. i have a feeling your right chris so i have an idea....albeit it may be a bad and stupid idea but its an idea none the less.

adding this post workout, large big mack meal with an extra bigmac and a shake. and a high calorie weight gainer shake. just for a week to see if any weight will go on. at this point he's frustrated with never gaining weight period so we came up with this little experiment. it might not be the smartest idea eating like shit for a week but maybe the boatload of extra calories will move the scale.

That is a awful lot of calories to be consuming and not gaining for someone who weighs 175. You said his gear is legit. The only other thing that I don't believe has been mentioned is maybe he is overtraining or just not genetically inclined to gain following the DC method of training. Everybody needs to find the workout,diet,supplement program that is specific to their own individual bodies and genetic ability.

talking yesterday im begining to think its just not in his cards to get huge. he's verry lean and incredibly strong at his weight. muscle bellies and proportion are much better than me if you saw a pic of me and a pic of him seperately you might think he is the heavier guy. anyway i just got off the phone with him after he gets paid next week he's going to email phil.

maybe he does marathons behind your back.

For sure. 7000+ calories? That would be like running at about 9 mph for 4 hours a day, in addition to your normal BMR and daily activities. I think there's something going on with this guy. I also think that he should volunteer himself to the local genetics research center so they can splice his genome and isolate the skinny genes, and make them available for other people. 7000+ calories and not gaining weight is laughable. It doesn't sound possible, to me. There would have to be some loss of nutrients/calories passing through his digestive track undigested, because that's a serious caloric excess. Ever hear of the law of thermodynamics? The first law, that is: "First law of thermodynamics, about the conservation of energy:
The change in the internal energy of a closed thermodynamic system is equal to the sum of the amount of heat energy supplied to the system and the work done on the system."

The system = the guy, internal energy = the food, heat energy supplied = food burned, work done on the system = his daily activities. According to me, he's violating the chemical laws of the universe. Or, he's seriously bad at math and overestimating his caloric intake. OR, he's taking some dumps that clear the room. Take your pick

man i could go for a big mac and shake as well :D. . wish i was naturally ripped.

i look at a friggen burger and gain 10lbs of fat :(

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner