over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Advice for natural champion starting gear

GettingBackIn

Registered
I'm trying to help a close friend out and I don't want to screw this up. Normally I'd give pretty safe advice like start slow with test, less is more, etc etc. but this guy is unique. I've been around the sport a long time and this kid has what it takes to turn pro.

Background; this guy is 26, 5'7" tall and competes at a hard and grainy 175lbs. He's competed since he was a teenager and has never taken a performance enhancement drug. He's won 2 nod shows naturally. Never went to jr nationals or anything on the national stage bc he was realistic about the completion and wanted to stay natural. He's got a great head on his shoulders and lives every moment of his life for the sport. On top of that, he's basically a genetic freak. You'd never believe he was natural by looking at him on stage.

All that being said, he's come to me saying that he's ready to commit his life to bodybuilding and wants to make a run for a pro card. He's now set on using aas, but he's getting some bs advice and knows that I preach conservative gear use.

I've never known such an ideal candidate to turn pro, and I'm honestly afraid to mess up on someone with so much potential. So I'm asking for advice from some of the veteran guys around here. I know what I want to tell him to do and what not to do, but I want to know what you think. Knowing what you know after a career of competing, what would you tell someone who has accomplished so much naturally about using aas? What type of cycle would you start with? I feel like in this case it's a good idea to start out more aggressively than is advisable for most newbys.

Thanks for your help guys.

Your advice to start slow is good. But your best advice should be to educate himself on AAS. His body, his choice, his problem if something goes wrong.

I'm trying to help a close friend out and I don't want to screw this up. Normally I'd give pretty safe advice like start slow with test, less is more, etc etc. but this guy is unique. I've been around the sport a long time and this kid has what it takes to turn pro.

Background; this guy is 26, 5'7" tall and competes at a hard and grainy 175lbs. He's competed since he was a teenager and has never taken a performance enhancement drug. He's won 2 nod shows naturally. Never went to jr nationals or anything on the national stage bc he was realistic about the completion and wanted to stay natural. He's got a great head on his shoulders and lives every moment of his life for the sport. On top of that, he's basically a genetic freak. You'd never believe he was natural by looking at him on stage.

All that being said, he's come to me saying that he's ready to commit his life to bodybuilding and wants to make a run for a pro card. He's now set on using aas, but he's getting some bs advice and knows that I preach conservative gear use.

I've never known such an ideal candidate to turn pro, and I'm honestly afraid to mess up on someone with so much potential. So I'm asking for advice from some of the veteran guys around here. I know what I want to tell him to do and what not to do, but I want to know what you think. Knowing what you know after a career of competing, what would you tell someone who has accomplished so much naturally about using aas? What type of cycle would you start with? I feel like in this case it's a good idea to start out more aggressively than is advisable for most newbys.

500mg test only would be a great start.

Thanks for the bump and the replies. What I'm gathering thus far is that regardless of genetics and proven aptitude for the sport, conservative use is always the way to go. This was my plan, as it always is, but I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't a reason to tell this particular person to jump in a little harder.

I'll chime in as someone who's never competed, but I've been around amateur guys and girls...

I take that he's already got the shape and basically just needs to grow. That's the perfect platform one could have.

The first cycle is a golden opportunity to add mass. He can add a crazy amount of muscle in a short time frame.

I would start with a classic bulker, like this:

500mg test
400mg deca
30mg dbol (ED)

Drop the dbol after 6 weeks.

Ride the test/deca until you're seeing no more results. Then maybe do dbol for another few weeks or use drol this time. Keep estrogen at bay.

For diet, set a high protein point, like 350 or 400g. Play with carbs. Try to stay lean and see a hint of abs at all times. If you bloat, lower carbs, if you feel lean, up them. Don't worry about fats, but try to eat relatively clean.

This is it. In the meanwhile, have him educate himself on it or maybe hire a trainer. He could put a good 30 pounds of muscle in the first year.

Maybe in his case since he's mature and already 175lbs at contest weight. He "may" want to be a little more aggressive than the average gym rat that doesn't have plans to compete.

There's a TON of guys on here that have alot of practical experience. Hopefully, one of them will chime in.

What route did you and your friend decide to go? I remember years ago when Kai Green was a natural champion. Everyone wondered what he would look like on gear. Now, we know....:D

What route did you and your friend decide to go? I remember years ago when Kai Green was a natural champion. Everyone wondered what he would look like on gear. Now, we know....:D

I've been traveling, and plan to meet with him Monday or Tuesday. I'm planning to treat him as I would anyone else. Start with test (e or c) at 500 to 750mg depending on how he handles it. Let him cycle off then do a test/deca cycle, come off and do a test eq cycle. Might throw in a few weeks of Dbol or var on one of them.

I think starting out its important to know how different substances work on your body and what they feel like. He should also have a good feel of how much aas can do for him at lower doses before anyone pushes him to jump into 3 grams a week. After those cycles he should have a basic understanding and be able to tell right away if he's getting ripped off.

Anything past that and I'll refer him to a higher end pro level coach. I won't take the chance of doing this guys show prep.

I've been traveling, and plan to meet with him Monday or Tuesday. I'm planning to treat him as I would anyone else. Start with test (e or c) at 500 to 750mg depending on how he handles it. Let him cycle off then do a test/deca cycle, come off and do a test eq cycle. Might throw in a few weeks of Dbol or var on one of them.

I think starting out its important to know how different substances work on your body and what they feel like. He should also have a good feel of how much aas can do for him at lower doses before anyone pushes him to jump into 3 grams a week. After those cycles he should have a basic understanding and be able to tell right away if he's getting ripped off.

Anything past that and I'll refer him to a higher end pro level coach. I won't take the chance of doing this guys show prep.
Since he has the genetics, maybe he should run it longer and more progressive than the average gym rat would. 500mgs of test for the first few weeks. Add 300-400mgs of deca for 8-10 weeks. Try dbol or anadrol for 6-8 weeks. Then ramp up the test to 750mgs by itself for 8-10 weeks. Add 400-600mgs of EQ. Most guys would agree that this is a golden opportunity to add some substantial size and he definitely does NOT want to miss out. The doses aren't crazy, neither. Just food for thought....

Last edited:
Since he has the genetics, maybe he should run it longer and more progressive than the average gym rat would. 500mgs of test for the first few weeks. Add 300-400mgs of deca for 8-10 weeks. Try dbol or anadrol for 6-8 weeks. Then ramp up the test to 750mgs by itself for 8-10 weeks. Add 400-600mgs of EQ. Most guys would agree that this is a golden opportunity to add some substantial size and he definitely does NOT want to miss out. The doses aren't crazy, neither. Just food for thought....

I appreciate it. This is why I'm reaching out for some expert advice. The foundation is there and I feel like his time is now.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws