over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Advice for ramadan/muslim fitness freaks

maza

Newbies
Hey everyone,

I dont bring up my religion on this forum, i just have a general like of bodybuilding and fitness like every member here.

But with ramadan and fasting coming up, where we need to fast for 12-14 hour days for one month, i dont care about any weightloss,
but is there anyway of making ramadan easier to navigate?

My main struggle is the headaches and general low energy in ramadan, anything i can take or eat to mitigate these effects? I do take neurofen and panadol
at the start of the day, does seem to help but still i need more of a kick. Ive experimented with modafanil and did nothing for me really besides give me more headaches.Tried slow release caffeine and havent noticed that helping

I try reduce coffee one week before ramadan, and even though im fasting all day when i come to break my fast you would think i could eat a horse but im full even with just a small meal, is that because the stomach shrinks when you fast?

I would definitely stay on top of hydration during non fasting hours. That should help with the headaches. You don’t drink anything during the fast as well, correct?

Load up on glycerin, electrolytes and water before the fast starts

Might help with headaches - assuming dehydration is contributing

If I were a Muslim, I’d sleep during the day and be active after the fast breaks - assuming life would permit

I would definitely stay on top of hydration during non fasting hours. That should help with the headaches. You don’t drink anything during the fast as well, correct?
Drinking water goes against the rules. A true fast is no food or water. When i was in Kenya during Ramadan years ago the devoted would not even swallow their own spit.

no fluids from the fast, i do drink alot week prior to fasting, headaches come on so early in the fast, so not sure if its hydration, i think could be my issue with caffeine intake over my years which has probably messesd with some pathway or gateway

Load up on glycerin, electrolytes and water before the fast starts

Might help with headaches - assuming dehydration is contributing

If I were a Muslim, I’d sleep during the day and be active after the fast breaks - assuming life would permit
Im from australia, heard in arab countres where the temp is way hotter they sleep mostly in the day and work/eat at night, that model would be hard in western,european countries

yep only in the fasting time period, has crossed my mind to do fluid injections days before ramadan starts ha ha
That makes sense. I know my Muslims buddies sat out football practice during Ramadan. If you're still training, might stop until it's over and decrease the demands on your body. Might be doing more harm than good with such restrictions on consumption. Easier said than done, I know!

Drinking water goes against the rules. A true fast is no food or water. When i was in Kenya during Ramadan years ago the devoted would not even swallow their own spit.
You can eat and drink after sunset

I would definitely do just a regular intermittent fasting and this time of year it will be a bit longer since it's sun up to sun down , unless you are in the southern hemisphere.

Keep water intake st as to a little lower the weeks leading into it so you train the body to store fluid , drinking more will train it to expel more.
Drink steady all through the feeding period.

Some people chew nicotine gum to help curb hunger , not sure if that's allowed.

I know guys like Big Ramy and Kamal Elgargni both partake in ramadan. they have some guides if you search for it, i'm sure it's very helpful

I know guys like Big Ramy and Kamal Elgargni both partake in ramadan. they have some guides if you search for it, i'm sure it's very helpful
I would think that those that don't have a full time job could just change their schedule to be up all night and sleep through the day.

I would think that those that don't have a full time job could just change their schedule to be up all night and sleep through the day.
fair enough, but to be fair you also have to be praying multiple times a day during ramadan. so they can't just sleep all throughout the day, but are definitely in a much better position than most.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws