over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Advice on arms size... use syntherol?

Blswan

Registered
Hi gentlemen. I don't post frequently and this will be my first thread creation. I have an issue with my arm size but before I dig into this a little background. I'm 40, only 5'7" and have a small frame. I've been lifting since I was 16, 5 days a week, with no breaks. I graduated HS at 140lbs. I worked my way up to 175lbs naturally before being diagnosed as secondary hypogonadal at 35. I've been on TRT for 5 years. I've ran a few small cycles during that time consisting mostly of test, test/mast, and test/primo. All fairly low doses such as my go to of 300mg test cyp / 300mg mast E per week for 10-12 weeks. My body doesn't handle AAS well, lots of sides. 19 nor are definitely out as I respond well to them but get limp noodle. After these years on TRT and mini blasts I sit at 200-205lbs at 5'7" and approx 18% BF as my steady state weight. I look a little too fluffy for my liking at this weight so I always do a cut first quarter of the year -> down to 185lbs. This is where I am now. Problem is my arms are NEVER large. At 200lbs they sit just under 17" cold flexed. But now, at 185lbs, they are a paltry 16" cold flexed. I need help as this just doesn't give me the look I'm after.

So, here I am on TRT which I bumped to 200mg/wk. My script is 160 mg/wk but I have a little extra for now. I'm down in arm size as mentioned and I would like to figure out how to add .5-1" to my arms. Mostly biceps as my tris are 'ok' not great but 'ok'. I may do another small test/mast blast or test/primo blast but nothing really sticks for me much. I've tried working out arms 1 day a week, 2 days a week, and even 5 days a week at different points in my life. I have good shoulders, decent chest, and fairly defined abs... arms suck. So... any advice for retooling my work out? I even considered trying Syntherol but that sounds scary to me. Would you consider it? I always think thats more for the pros looking to add peaks to their bis or fine tune already developed muscle. Any tips, whether it be trying a new workout or giving Syntherol a go would be appreciated.

Based on your body composition and what you outlined (and failed to outline) ... your diet/macros need work. Optimal consistent macros and macro timing will eek out additional gains and aide in better body composition year round. Being leaner with the right macros being utilized at the right time I suspect will make your arms look better long term, too. I’m just a TRT guy these days due to health issues but even whilst staying 8-10% BF year round my arms stay at right around 20” with just trt ... one thing I *never* slack on is my macros and placement/timing of them (I personally fast most of the day and have almost all of my calories post workout - and do a lower carb diet). I utilize a bit of slin with it to optimize things but it would be effective without that, too

Thank you for the direction. My current macros and diet are as follows... 2200 calories, 40% protein, 30% fat, 30% carb. Keep in mind this is a cut and my maintenance is higher. I eat the something every day as follows..

1. Breakfast - 2 slice ezekial bread, 4 eggs - 34P 32C 21F
2. morning snack - 1/2 cup cottage cheese - 12P 4C 5F
3. Lunch - 6oz Turkey, Banana, Salad with low cal italian dressing, 1/4 cub shredded cheese - 57P 31C 11F
4. afternoon snack - Perfect Bar - 17P 27C 19F
5. Dinner is a shake - 8oz 2% milk, 3 scoops zero carb protein, 2 tbsp PB powder, 1/2 cup oats - 96P 39C 10F
6. Snack before bed - 1/4 cup raisens - 0P 29C 0F

I eat this every day. No cheat days, no carbs loads etc. I know I am a little flat from this honestly. If I carb up a bit I will swell some and appear fuller. I am going to do that when I bottom out. Any pointers on this nutrition plan or things I'm doing wrong? I do my workouts at 4pm M-F as I leave work at this time and make it home just after 5pm. I can add more about current training regimen but I've trained in many different styles. Currently I'm on a 5 day split with moderate weight and higher reps as I have a shoulder tear prohibiting heavy pushing. Monday chest/arms, Tuesday back/arms, Weds legs, Thurs Shoulders, Friday beach workout of just shoulders and arms. So I'm currently working arms 3 day a week in an effort to grow. Maybe I'm over training them. I can breakdown my workouts if that would help.

I will tell you what I have been told. I applied and it work. Up test up food a lot and just grow. Arms will grow with rest of the body.

Thank you for the direction. My current macros and diet are as follows... 2200 calories, 40% protein, 30% fat, 30% carb. Keep in mind this is a cut and my maintenance is higher. I eat the something every day as follows..

1. Breakfast - 2 slice ezekial bread, 4 eggs - 34P 32C 21F
2. morning snack - 1/2 cup cottage cheese - 12P 4C 5F
3. Lunch - 6oz Turkey, Banana, Salad with low cal italian dressing, 1/4 cub shredded cheese - 57P 31C 11F
4. afternoon snack - Perfect Bar - 17P 27C 19F
5. Dinner is a shake - 8oz 2% milk, 3 scoops zero carb protein, 2 tbsp PB powder, 1/2 cup oats - 96P 39C 10F
6. Snack before bed - 1/4 cup raisens - 0P 29C 0F

I eat this every day. No cheat days, no carbs loads etc. I know I am a little flat from this honestly. If I carb up a bit I will swell some and appear fuller. I am going to do that when I bottom out. Any pointers on this nutrition plan or things I'm doing wrong? I do my workouts at 4pm M-F as I leave work at this time and make it home just after 5pm. I can add more about current training regimen but I've trained in many different styles. Currently I'm on a 5 day split with moderate weight and higher reps as I have a shoulder tear prohibiting heavy pushing. Monday chest/arms, Tuesday back/arms, Weds legs, Thurs Shoulders, Friday beach workout of just shoulders and arms. So I'm currently working arms 3 day a week in an effort to grow. Maybe I'm over training them. I can breakdown my workouts if that would help.

Your diet needs some work man.. Raisins before bed, protein bars not really ideal..

Your 18 percent? Your calories are too high. Get lean. Synthol is for advanced competitive bodybuilding. I'd assume with a poor diet training is less than ideal also weather it be intesity or programming.

your diet is really tragic ... if you eat this way, you will not grow up in your life.
Thank you sir for input. Can I have some tips on it? Again this is a cut diet right now, not for growth at the moment. My biggest flaw is lack of nutrition knowledge. I will take any kind tips or directions on books/literature to read. And thanks for not flaming too much. I'm putting myself out there to learn.

Your 18 percent?
I was a 3000 calories. Don't know what I am now, maybe 15?

Insert photos
I hate doing it but here we go.
IMG_1359.jpg

This is me non pumped before getting into a shower. I know I'm not big and I'm not looking to be shredded or big. I honestly am fine with my physique other than arm size.

Imo, and I'm not a bodybuilder, I think if you can shed some fat bring your waist in your arms will look proportionally larger. Your a chest/back guy. What is your total weekly arm volume? Frequency? Do you go to failure, ever throw in intensity techniques (drop sets, rest pause) etc?

Based on your body composition and what you outlined (and failed to outline) ... your diet/macros need work. Optimal consistent macros and macro timing will eek out additional gains and aide in better body composition year round. Being leaner with the right macros being utilized at the right time I suspect will make your arms look better long term, too. I’m just a TRT guy these days due to health issues but even whilst staying 8-10% BF year round my arms stay at right around 20” with just trt ... one thing I *never* slack on is my macros and placement/timing of them (I personally fast most of the day and have almost all of my calories post workout - and do a lower carb diet). I utilize a bit of slin with it to optimize things but it would be effective without that, too

Not to sidetrack the thread here but your single digit body fat with 20 inch arms on TRT?

What is your total weekly arm volume? Frequency?
Right now I do 3 exercises each for bis/tris after Chest on monday... 3 sets of 12 reps. I do the same after back on Tuesday. Then on Friday is when I really work them. I do 3 exercises of each mostly to failure on the sets. These are with occlusion bands followed by removal of bands and drop sets.

Sounds like moderate volume and 3x a week frequency. If you want to focus on arms, maybe work them before chest and back when they are fresh and you can push heavier weight? Rather than after.

Your problem is you have long arms so it's going to take a lot more size to blow them up. Even then they might not be what you what. I have long arms, I'm 285lbs., and just taped mine at 18" cold. Everyone has weak body parts.

You look lower than 15% bf but maybe for arms try doing less sets but more intense sets and use progressive overload.

Thank you for all the kind words of wisdom gentlemen. I greatly appreciate it and will learn from this.

Also seems nobody likes my nutrition plan. Would greatly appreciate any tips on how to improve it.

Also seems nobody likes my nutrition plan. Would greatly appreciate any tips on how to improve it.
Guess I will be that guy,your diet has nothing to do with your arm size,with your structure your arms will never stand out,you have to put lbs on the scale for arms to grow,which means your torso is going to grow at the same rate or faster.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear