over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Advice please

graybass

Registered
Recent Labs show Hemoglobin at 19.4 All I'm taking is HRT 250 Test Cyp EW.
Been on and off for 20 years. Problem is you can not donate blood above 18 or so. RBC is 5.87. Hematocrit is 56.7
Suggestions or should I just go see the blood doc.
Thanks guys.

My hemoglobin was 18.9 last week when I donated ,the cutoff where I am is 18.4 so they had to make a call to the doc in charge and he approved my donation this time. I would suggest seeing a doctor and get a script to do a phlebotomy ,your hemoglobin if left untreated can cause serious issues

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI9Q1HjIdPk"]Self Bleeding! - YouTube[/ame]

This practice worries me because I did that the week before I had my heart attack/blood clot. I wonder if somehow I caused myself to be even more hypercoagulable by doing it. Best to have it done professionally. Really not a good reason to do it on your own.

You may have to be scripted until your Crit drops enough to donate.

You may have to be scripted until your Crit drops enough to donate.

Once you get scripted you can't donate.

OP, most places will draw anyway even if you are above the cutoff.

This practice worries me because I did that the week before I had my heart attack/blood clot. I wonder if somehow I caused myself to be even more hypercoagulable by doing it. Best to have it done professionally. Really not a good reason to do it on your own.

Don't see how it could have caused your HA. Sterile needle and tubing to gravity. Tubing and bottle don't need to be sterile as the blood only flows one direction. How is that any different to having your blood drawn by the blood bank? It's a simple stick. Pretty basic procedure as long as you don't pass out;)

Don't see how it could have caused your HA. Sterile needle and tubing to gravity. Tubing and bottle don't need to be sterile as the blood only flows one direction. How is that any different to having your blood drawn by the blood bank? It's a simple stick. Pretty basic procedure as long as you don't pass out;)

Yeah, I know. ive thought about it a lot. I do think losing 500 ml + in volume of blood may cause an increase in platelets? im taking a stab in the dark there and not really sure. If it is true it would happen when the hospital does it too though. I just feel for safety that it is best to have the doctor do it. There is no downside to having the doctor do it and possible downsides to doing it on your own is how I look at it.

If you are doing it on your own, like I did, you better have a hemoglobin meter like I did. I was testing mine at least once a week and going off that. Maybe I did mine too frequent. I did two phlebotomies 7 days apart because my hemoglobin was so high. It got about to around 21. A few days after the 2nd phlebotomy it was down to about 16 and then I had the heart attack a couple of days after that.

I'm wondering how many people have high rbc due to sleep apnea. Have you ever checked? My hct was always around 50 sometimes higher. I started sleeping with an apap and had the lowest reading I've ever had (46) while on test/npp/anadrol. Just something for people to think about who may be reading this post and haven't been checked yet.

I'm wondering how many people have high rbc due to sleep apnea. Have you ever checked? My hct was always around 50 sometimes higher. I started sleeping with an apap and had the lowest reading I've ever had (46) while on test/npp/anadrol. Just something for people to think about who may be reading this post and haven't been checked yet.

I think that is something important to consider especially for guys that are built up big from weight lifting. Thick neck is a contributing factor. I got checked out but the observation wasn't really conclusive since I couldn't really sleep in their lab.

Get checked out, especially if you feel like you slept 8 hours or more in bed and wake up still tired. The body would experience some hypoxia during sleep and that could raise hemoglobin if it is chronic enough.

I think that is something important to consider especially for guys that are built up big from weight lifting. Thick neck is a contributing factor. I got checked out but the observation wasn't really conclusive since I couldn't really sleep in their lab.

Get checked out, especially if you feel like you slept 8 hours or more in bed and wake up still tired. The body would experience some hypoxia during sleep and that could raise hemoglobin if it is chronic enough.

You know after I was diagnosed I finally convinced my dad to get tested. He is a person that is NEVER tired. Drinks 1 cup of coffee a day and works his ass of all the time. He told me he had issues scheduling an appointment due to not having any symptoms of sleep apnea besides snoring. Well anyway. They woke him up 3 hours into his study and fit him with a cpap on the spot. He was diagnosed with severe sleep apea (mine was mild). I was honestly hoping and even expecting that he wouldn't have it due to him telling me how he feels, but I was persistent because of his age/snoring and couldn't imagine him dying from something that could have easily been prevented. My point to this post was to hopefully convince someone to get tested (could save your life) because I bet a ton of people skip it due to not feeling tired all the time.

You know after I was diagnosed I finally convinced my dad to get tested. He is a person that is NEVER tired. Drinks 1 cup of coffee a day and works his ass of all the time. He told me he had issues scheduling an appointment due to not having any symptoms of sleep apnea besides snoring. Well anyway. They woke him up 3 hours into his study and fit him with a cpap on the spot. He was diagnosed with severe sleep apea (mine was mild). I was honestly hoping and even expecting that he wouldn't have it due to him telling me how he feels, but I was persistent because of his age/snoring and couldn't imagine him dying from something that could have easily been prevented. My point to this post was to hopefully convince someone to get tested (could save your life) because I bet a ton of people skip it due to not feeling tired all the time.

Dang, Im glad you let us know about your dad and how he had no symptoms other than snoring. I always figured you would be tired because you don't sleep soundly throughout the night. This is good knowledge for guys on the board. So you can have severe sleep apnea and still wake up in the morning feeling well rested. Never would have guessed that. Is your father a big guy, thick neck etc? Just wondering about how much anatomy affects this.

Dang, Im glad you let us know about your dad and how he had no symptoms other than snoring. I always figured you would be tired because you don't sleep soundly throughout the night. This is good knowledge for guys on the board. So you can have severe sleep apnea and still wake up in the morning feeling well rested. Never would have guessed that. Is your father a big guy, thick neck etc? Just wondering about how much anatomy affects this.
I figured the same thing because I was always tired (still tired a lot) and would literally have a couple days a week where my eyes burned because of how tired I was. My dad is not a big guy at all. 5 '9 normal size neck but is 20lbs overweight and snores like a freight train. I also wonder if people just "get used" to feeling tired and they just don't know what being normal is. Ive never seen him look/act tired but he is a work horse and I could see him powering through fatigue possibly thinking it was normal.

Get off everything for 4 weeks. It will come down. Then donate. After being off 4 weeks you might be at 54%. After donation you migh be 50-51%. Get back on your TRT and then donate again in 8 weeks. It might be a good idea to drop your TRT to 125 mg/w. You probably will maintain hematocrit that way. Donate before any AAS bump and donate again at 8 weeks in. Then go back to 125 mg/w.

Here is a blood donation calculator to see whre you would be at.

https://www.thecalculator.co/health/...ator-1066.html

Last edited:
Get off everything for 4 weeks. It will come down.

I wish it would always hold truth, but unfortunately it NEVER worked that way for me... getting back to true TRT levels (under 200mg/week) is a must (for so many reasons), but not enough for many. :eek:

OP, most places will draw anyway even if you are above the cutoff.

Then again, I wish it was always the case... not only was I refused last time I tried to donate (hemoglobine at 21), but as if it wasn't enough, the nice lady doc in charge of operations on that day found the need, simply based on my physical appearance :eek:, to give me a VERY sanctimonious speech about how in danger I was... :rolleyes: Oh really? So you wanna help me but you won't take my blood?!?! :banghead: How smart is that? :(

I wish it would always hold truth, but unfortunately it NEVER worked that way for me... getting back to true TRT levels (under 200mg/week) is a must (for so many reasons), but not enough for many. :eek:

I would have said 8 weeks but mst of you guys won't come off for 8 weeks. It's worth a try though. Once the high androgen signal is gone the higher RBC production should subside. A lot of guys I know that have followee this it has worked for them. If we are talking about anormal distribution then I would guess this would work for 85% of people at the 8 week off strategy. 4 weeks probably less but it should come down.

Maybe you can give better advice without face to face with this guy or blood work. All we have to work with is averages and supposed normal distributions.

Recently off for 12 weeks and it did not come down.

Recently off for 12 weeks and it did not come down.

Mine builds up on just 100 mg/wk. I have to get a phlebotomy about 4 times a year to keep it under control.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131