over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Advice (Sugery)

hugostiglitz87

Registered
Question I recently had labrum repairs and a bicep tendencies my 2nd shoulder surgery in about a year. The Shoulder part of the surgery was successful I am a little a over 4 months post op. During the first 6 weeks post-op I thought at the time I might of tore my bicep tendon wasn’t sure went to the ortho he wasn’t worried 3 weeks went by my muscle didn’t look right so me being persistent I got a 2nd opinion and the ortho got me a mri ordered and be hold no bicep tendon was attached to the tendencies sight I wanted to cry when I rid the report and was pissed at my primary ortho for neglecting to do a simple mri. The new ortho wanted me to reach out to my primary ortho but he had already pissed me off and didn’t want anything to do with him. But I saw him anyways to let me know its torn bicep tendon and I want to fix it. He flat out told me no when I requested to have it fixed so I said no? Ok thank you for your time and left. My new ortho wants me to wait a little complete physical therapy of my shoulder and in a month will circle back to my torn bicep. I told him my bicep was working perfectly fine and now it feels weird and hurts a lot at times and looks like shit he trying to convince me I can still live an active normal life with a torn long head bicep tendon I expressed to him my opinion won’t change I want It fix asap. He said he can fix but wants my shoulder to heal a little more before he considers surgery, he said 4 weeks come back and see him and will talk about surgery but I get the vibe he doesn’t want to go in their fix someone elses work but I told him I refuse to go back to my primary ortho and already told me no flat out.

I am fairly active gym 5x a week when I am healthy and my job requires to lift and load product. So leaving my bicep the way it is not ok for me. Wasn’t anything wrong with it before and a freak accident occurred not entirely sure how it tore from the surgical site but it did.

Worst case scenario if the new Orthopedic doesn’t want to proceed or debate me with what should I do to convince him to??

First off, I'm sorry you're going through that man, that sounds like a shit hand you've been dealt. I honestly have no idea where I'd go with from there if I was in your shoes. Wish I could give you advice, but I'd rather not speak to something I don't have any knowledge of.

But what made me want to comment is your mention of labrum repairs. I'm dealing with the same thing (torn labrum, shoulder slides out and awkwardly pops back in if I move my arm a certain way) and was told years ago that I'll need surgery, I'm nervous about it so I've been putting it off, and even more so after seeing your post. Can you give me any ideas as to what I should expect?

Thanks in advance, and I hope things work out for you bud.

- J

Hate to hear about the injurie hugo! When the Ortho says you can still live an active normal life, he must not know what it's like to be a bodybuilder. Hang in there man. It's no fun but the weights will still be there!!

He said 3 weeks went by and the muscle didn't look right.
I was wondering is there was an event. I had RC and labrum surgery 2 weeks ago and my bicep doesn’t look the same, but, at the elbow insertion, surgeon was nowhere near there.

The docs dont take into account the symmetry of the muscle,only the function. I've torn both distal biceps at different times in the past and had them repaired pretty quick after the rupture. I've also torn the proximal bicep head a few years ago and didnt get it repaired because I'm so sick of surgeries (and dont compete anymore).Most docs say it isn't necessary because it doesn't affect arm strength like a distal rupture does. Hang in there and try to be patient and not get too down. It is something that can be fixed.

It just comes down to all the surgerys i have had in the last year or so. Two shoulder Surgerys with a failed bicep tenodesis. the bicep works sure but it looks like shit. And cramps up on me alot in the muscle so i see the purpose of the long head tendon it makes my range of motion alot better. I see the Dr in a month its been torn for 3 months. My mind hasnt changed still want it repaired. I am gonna tell him hey i want it repaired I have the insurance now lets knock it out. its a 8 week recovery I will do things and i already have a good phyical threapy line up i am currently doing for my shoulder.

Also screw the first surgeon who said no. He it hurts his ego to know it was a failed surgery not my fault did everything he wanted me to do post op.

Here's my bicep now 3 months since the tear and 15 weeks since sugery its getting its strength back lots of cramps and mild pain and the range of motion in my shoulder anything in a throwing motion form hurts still.

Attachments

• 20210126_071537.jpg
    20210126_071537.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 21
Wait. If you get another surgery too soon, without letting some inflammation go down and some natural repair, it’s less likely it will hold again. Heal your shoulder and labrum first. Your bicep tendon inserts partial to the labrum. Get that stronger and healed then do the bicep surgery. Use GH, TB and BPC to help with healing.

It just comes down to all the surgerys i have had in the last year or so. Two shoulder Surgerys with a failed bicep tenodesis. the bicep works sure but it looks like shit. And cramps up on me alot in the muscle so i see the purpose of the long head tendon it makes my range of motion alot better. I see the Dr in a month its been torn for 3 months. My mind hasnt changed still want it repaired. I am gonna tell him hey i want it repaired I have the insurance now lets knock it out. its a 8 week recovery I will do things and i already have a good phyical threapy line up i am currently doing for my shoulder.
I hope your insurance doesnt consider the surgery "elective" and refuse to cover the cost.

I hope your insurance doesnt consider the surgery "elective" and refuse to cover the cost.

Why would you say that? Kinda stupid thing to say given you have no idea what a shit year 2020 was for me with injuries. And I work my ass off my insurance better cover it...

Wait. If you get another surgery too soon, without letting some inflammation go down and some natural repair, it’s less likely it will hold again. Heal your shoulder and labrum first. Your bicep tendon inserts partial to the labrum. Get that stronger and healed then do the bicep surgery. Use GH, TB and BPC to help with healing.

I am doing all that. But the window is small with tendon repair before it scars over. I see my ortho in a month by then it would be 6 months since the sugery.

I would let it go but I'm to ocd and don't want my left bicep to look and feel like crap.

Reactions: XXL
Why would you say that? Kinda stupid thing to say given you have no idea what a shit year 2020 was for me with injuries. And I work my ass off my insurance better cover it...
I'm not taunting you, or wishing you ill. I'm just saying I could see insurance trying to weasel out of it. That shit happens. I hope you don't have to deal with it.

I'm not taunting you, or wishing you ill. I'm just saying I could see insurance trying to weasel out of it. That shit happens. I hope you don't have to deal with it.

Sorry I mis read your post my error. I understand what your saying boss. Ya my insurance is horrible. I'm doing out of pocket physical threapy because my insurance wouldn't send me some where decent so I understand your points.

Sorry I mis read your post my error. I understand what your saying boss. Ya my insurance is horrible. I'm doing out of pocket physical threapy because my insurance wouldn't send me some where decent so I understand your points.
Insurance can be very strict. I had to wait until my defibrillator was just about run out of battery before I got a new one. It has an alarm that beeps and freaked me out! Kinda like having a bomb in you chest beeping inside.

If one of those doctors you see tells Insurance that you don't need the surgery to function as a human, they might refuse. I would ask your surgeon. Im paranoid and worry about everything, sorry!

Going into situations like this, I always prepare for the worst. Be sure to get the surgery pre-approved by your insurance company and get it in writing.

The definition of Medical Necessity under the Social Security Act is

"No payment may be made under part A or part B for any expenses incurred for items or services...which...are not reasonable and necessary for the diagnosis or treatment of illness or injury or to improve the functioning of a malformed body member."
You might want to accentuate the pain, trouble with function, and discomfort you are having. Not sure.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws