advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

after 20 years of juicing i got a BLOOD CLOT ....

A lot of people try to blame my clot/heart attack all on my genetic clotting condition but it really is that combined with the use of steroids. Both my mother and uncle have the same trait and neither has had a single clot their entire lives. My mother is 76 years old and my uncle is 79.

The whole denial thing really does get old. I did my piece on here for a few years after my heart attack and I think it did impact a few people. I never ask for sympathy just for people to listen and think about their own health.

Funny you say this. My enlarged aorta I had to have surgery on was 100% caused from side effects of long term steroid use, more than likely being very high blood pressure. However, people have asked me all sorts of other questions that are not related to try to find a reason why it wasn't steroids, when I have no family history of this. I understand the mentality. No one wants to face the facts because they want to keep doing what makes them happy. I'm just lucky I caught it and it was fixed. Otherwise, I might still be just as wreckless right now.

Funny you say this. My enlarged aorta I had to have surgery on was 100% caused from side effects of long term steroid use, more than likely being very high blood pressure. However, people have asked me all sorts of other questions that are not related to try to find a reason why it wasn't steroids, when I have no family history of this. I understand the mentality. No one wants to face the facts because they want to keep doing what makes them happy. I'm just lucky I caught it and it was fixed. Otherwise, I might still be just as wreckless right now.

I remember there was a pro bodybuilder, Chris Dim, maybe that was his name, whom had his rupture. Somehow he survived. Dangerous thing.

I remember there was a pro bodybuilder, Chris Dim, maybe that was his name, whom had his rupture. Somehow he survived. Dangerous thing.

Not to get off topic, but I looked into Kris Dim's story after what happened to me. His aorta dissected, as a result of an enlarged aorta. Therefore, he needed a valve replacement. Essentially, that's what would have happened to me if I hadn't taken care of it. He actually came back and even competed once. Then a few years later, he needed another surgery to repair the stent, and the result of it left him paralyzed, which seemed to be really back luck.

Found this on Dave Palumbo's site.

"I had never heard of someone having heart surgery and coming out of it paralyzed, so I called the most knowledgable person I know on medicine, IFBB Pro Dr. Victor Prisk. Dr. Prisk actually informed me that this does happen, although it is extremely rare. The chances of being paralyzed after surgery occurs in 12 out of 100,000 patients. The Artery of Adamkiewicz is the largest anterior segmental medullary artery and that is the artery that is connected to the spine from the aorta. If the artery has a spasm during surgery, in this case when the stent was being replaced, a stroke of the spinal cord can take place. The stroke can then stop circulation in the spinal column, causing the loss of the use and feeling in the legs."

Last edited:
Not to get off topic, but I looked into Kris Dim's story after what happened to me. His aorta dissected, as a result of an enlarged aorta. Therefore, he needed a valve replacement. Essentially, that's what would have happened to me if I hadn't taken care of it. He actually came back and even competed once. Then a few years later, he needed another surgery to repair the stent, and the result of it left him paralyzed, which seemed to be really back luck.

Found this on Dave Palumbo's site.

"I had never heard of someone having heart surgery and coming out of it paralyzed, so I called the most knowledgable person I know on medicine, IFBB Pro Dr. Victor Prisk. Dr. Prisk actually informed me that this does happen, although it is extremely rare. The chances of being paralyzed after surgery occurs in 12 out of 100,000 patients. The Artery of Adamkiewicz is the largest anterior segmental medullary artery and that is the artery that is connected to the spine from the aorta. If the artery has a spasm during surgery, in this case when the stent was being replaced, a stroke of the spinal cord can take place. The stroke can then stop circulation in the spinal column, causing the loss of the use and feeling in the legs."

Wow, I did not know that about him. I remember though thinking how he was crazy to keep up with the bodybuilding after what happened to him. I wonder if he had stopped if he might have been ok after that. For him though, bodybuilding was how he made his living so that would add more incentive to keep on with it. Still a big mistake probably.

Wow, I did not know that about him. I remember though thinking how he was crazy to keep up with the bodybuilding after what happened to him. I wonder if he had stopped if he might have been ok after that. For him though, bodybuilding was how he made his living so that would add more incentive to keep on with it. Still a big mistake probably.

Hard to say whether competing again made his stent need a replacement. I know with certain valve replacements, you'll have to get a new replacement down the road if you opt to not go on coumadin. Therefore, I want to say no but I am only guessing. Gotgame might know better. Off topic though.

I developed a right bundle branch block in the last few years somehow. But apprantly the cardiolgist said it was on big deal and nothing to worry about.

My friend was told his hemocrit was really high after only doing one cycle several months ago. He just went back on with out donating blood. I'm been trying to push him to donate, but you can only donate every two months.

I developed a right bundle branch block in the last few years somehow. But apprantly the cardiolgist said it was on big deal and nothing to worry about.

My friend was told his hemocrit was really high after only doing one cycle several months ago. He just went back on with out donating blood. I'm been trying to push him to donate, but you can only donate every two months.

you can donate more often if you find a hospital blood bank or 2 depending on where you live...

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131