advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

after 20 years of juicing i got a BLOOD CLOT ....

the heart works much harder pumping thick blood.

donating blood, drinking plenty of liquids, taking once a day low dose 81mg baby aspirin eating/drinking grapefruit and staying away from supplements containing iron should keep hematocrit in the 43-46 range that docs are wanting. they don't want you at 49 and over 50.

it's a major reason they write small hormone replacement T scripts. they have their practice to consider losing if there is litigation and is a primary factor in their low dose decision making. plenty of lawsuits keeping docs uneasy about controlled substance scripts of testosterone. the FDA's insistence testosterone carry a black box warning was a hell of a scare tactic.

media hyped scary "controlled substance steroid" can sometimes = heart pumping thick blood scary.

Words from the great Walter White, AKA Heisenberg :D " This is the first day of the rest of your life"
Thor, hope you taking care self and getting everything in check.:)

just sayin....

i know 55year olds and younger who have had blood clots
never using any kind of AAS.

why does everyone think this is the cause...????

:cool:

I know people too who have NEVER touched AAS and have blood clot issues. In some people as they age their hemocrit/RBC can get out of hand. One reason getting checked up frequently is a good idea.

i am not going anywhere with it. sorry. i was just trying to reach out to the young guys and thinking of them. all the smoke and mirrors stuff. i just remember how frustrating all that was. Bringing up concepts then holding back the details. Well of course, you would because it can be profited from. I just think its misleading.

I of course realize this isn't the place to talk about it, because people voluntarily come here to learn about it. And we all do have a choice in what to believe and do. I guess I'm still a bit mad at myself. the path i took. Im venting. and I'm sorry. I should post on the counseling form instead of here. Im not trying to get into conflict. please excuse my post

Profited from? How did i profit from it...I never explained it to anyone on the net. I only explained it to a few guys in person. I felt if i explained it wrong on the net people might hurt themselves....I held back the details because so many people read something on the net and interpret it differently than the person that wrote it. I never profited a dime on that and I dont know where you are coming from on that one....because like I said....I never talked about it clearly

Stewie..

Thor, I'm truly sorry to hear this. Try to take it in stride, and be thankful it didn't lead to a pulmonary embolism.

I'll echo several here, more importantly Gotgames' comments (other's, please don't take offense to that).

You've described some of the incidents leading up to your upper extremity DVT. If you could provide a little more information on this if you exercised within a few hours of this event? Any ephidrine, thyroid hormones or OTC supplements?

As Gotgame pointed, read up on Paget-Schroetter Syndrome. This is more of an idiopathic condition due to compression, and is more common than not in otherwise healthy athletes, labor workers. Moreso durning extreme overhead arm movements. This can cause venous compression provoking platelet aggregation. Triggering our clotting cascade to envoke a clot. This can happen too anyone of us, at any given time.

I see that you donated a week or so leading up to this event. How many phelbotomies have you had over the last 6-12 months? Have you had a complete iron panel pulled? I'm not talking about your hemoglobin-hematocrit. A few physicians believe hemoglobin-hematocrit are innocent bystanders in thrombotic events. I'm not sure, tho I have reasons to believe this myself.

I see you stated that you have hyperlipidemia. By chance do you know what your triglycerides are? Hyperlipidemia is associated with thrombotic events. As is iron deficiency. If in the event you may possibly be iron deficient. The combination of the two or in isolation can cause platelet aggregation, causing our platelets to become more "sticky".

I'm very certain that they checked you for clotting disorders. That'll be a given with any DVT. So no need to list off all the genetic-inherited disorders.

Have you or your primary care provider ever checked your homocysteine levels?
I only gave blood a few times in the last 2 years
the answer to your other questions ( which i appreciate) is pretty much no.
I really do appreciate everyones input here, but I dont scare that easily, i know it sounds stupid but you dont know what ive endured in this life, i am not young and invincible anymore i realize that but, ive been hit and beaten my entire upbringing from age 4 to age 16 when i finally left home, my father was brutal with a violent temper and didnt hold back taking his frustrations out on me and my older brother( RIP) with a closed fist and i went to the hospital from that once or twice.. black eyes and broken teeth were a regular part of my school days.....Ive also had motorcycle wrecks where i flew over the handlebars and snapped my clavicle in two by hitting a tree while flying like Superman, a little to the right and i would have broken my neck and one time i hit a deer and banged up my whole left side and fractured my left wrist, neither time was i wearing a helmet, so this to me is somewhat minor,( ive been in hospital beds a few times with IVs) although i would like to know what caused it , I also think that Tenny has a point, i actually consider myself lucky sometimes..there are regular Joes who get DVT and never juiced, ive been able to for 20 + years, i want to know why but is kind of not a huge deal to me now, just wanted y'all to be aware that it can happen...Thanks for everyone input and feel free to continue...

Thor, what did an average year look like for you juice wise? Did you ever drop down to true trt doses?

Thor, what did an average year look like for you juice wise? Did you ever drop down to true trt doses?

You should read the forum properly. You even clicked on this thread from a link in the other thread about Thor. The last post in this thread was in May.

Thor I hope you get better soon.

I've heard giving blood frequently maybe every 8 weeks or so can help with this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've heard giving blood frequently maybe every 8 weeks or so can help with this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not necessarily. If you encroach or develop iron deficiency, with or without anemia from frequent phlebotomies this is a possible precursor to develop a clot/stroke.

Many things can trigger our clotting cascade, this being one.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you, Thor.

Thor has had two strokes in the last two months. My prayers are with him now .

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Not necessarily. If you encroach or develop iron deficiency, with or without anemia from frequent phlebotomies this is a possible precursor to develop a clot/stroke.

Many things can trigger our clotting cascade, this being one.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you, Thor.

Right. Best done by a professional that give you a CBC each time you go in to get checked, along with an iron level every 3 months or so. If iron was to drop too low the body could see that as a leak somewhere in the pipes and trigger a clot to stop the blood loss.

Im going to vent a little bit. I swear to god I get so fucking frustrated with people on this site sometimes....it freaks me out. My wife has come up to my office and said "Dante you can only state your advice and if they dont want to listen...they arent going to listen".....How many freaking guys have to die on this site for some of you to stand up and take notice, how many heart attacks, and kidney failure, and low ejection fractions do you have to read about until it hits home?! Its like half of you forget about guys dying 10 days after they are gone and your right back injecting the turkey baster.

You can get away with stuff in your 20's and your early 30's that you cannot get away with in your late 30's 40's and 50's! These young guys on this site and on the net who are blasting everything under the sun, trying to convince you that "oh its totally safe that 38 year old guy must have died because of recreational drugs/genetic predisposition/this and that.....its freaking bullshit and you need to grab the bull by the horns here and get your head out of the sand....and JUICE responsibly and respectively with your health in mind or if not when that day happens that you get done a set of barbell rows, the gym starts spinning and you have a massive heart attack.....dont spew the "woe is me...why did this happen to me?" song.....you brought it on and ignored the protocol {bloodwork/heart scans/healthy diet/cardio/no alcohol and recreational drugs} that you were SUPPOSED TO DO to be a steroid using athlete. And ATHLETE is the key word because there are two kinds of people in this sport - junkies and athletes. Decide which one you are.
It pains me to see so many guys who could go around looking like they want to look and using things that gave them the look they wanted yet they ignore blood pressure/bloodwork/cardio/ and deductive reasoning because it feels better with the whole "out of sight, out of mind thought process"....You want to LIVE and juice in your late 30's 40's 50's....you BETTER develop a health plan early that you abide to to hold you in check with if that is your gameplan.....

sorry for the rant....i get irritated sometimes when i feel Ive written about something 50 times over on this site and it feels like nobody is listening until they wake up in a hospital bed

We all know the risk these days. It's no longer a mystery, so it's getting increasingly difficult to entertain thoughts of sympathy. It's not that the concern for another's well being has decreased, it's that the frustration is beginning to crowd it out.

just sayin....

i know 55year olds and younger who have had blood clots
never using any kind of AAS.

why does everyone think this is the cause...????

:cool:

This kind of stuff happens to non-AAS users because steroids are not the only risk factor.

However, when a strong risk factor is present, such as long-term steroid use into old age...and most of the other known risk factors are absent (or unknown), it is only natural to look at those risk factors we DO KNOW exist. In this case, using drugs like EQ, Anadrol, etc...into one's 50's is a pretty big risk factor.

Hope he turns out alright.. My grandfather had a few strokes and turned out in decent shape

Hope Thor is as fortunate.

I'll be keeping him in my prayers :/

Hope he turns out alright.. My grandfather had a few strokes and turned out in decent shape

Hope Thor is as fortunate.

I'll be keeping him in my prayers :/

If speech and motor movements are damaged it can be especially tough (lengthy recovery). Hopefully he is OK in those areas.

This is very sad. I saw on the other thread he has some paralysis. Thoughts and prayers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

This is very sad. I saw on the other thread he has some paralysis. Thoughts and prayers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

That happened to my grandfather-in-law. He recovered fully, but it took a lot of physical therapy.

A lot of people try to blame my clot/heart attack all on my genetic clotting condition but it really is that combined with the use of steroids. Both my mother and uncle have the same trait and neither has had a single clot their entire lives. My mother is 76 years old and my uncle is 79.

The whole denial thing really does get old. I did my piece on here for a few years after my heart attack and I think it did impact a few people. I never ask for sympathy just for people to listen and think about their own health.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws