advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

After fasted morning cardio, best post workout meal??

Yeah, I knew that L-Leucine did to an extent.

I've lived my life by consuming BCAAs during fast cardio, or Intra Workout. Seem EAA's would be a better option.. well, when trying to cut anyways.

Looks like it is time to hit up GNC.

I feel like I finally found out how to get skinny.. just by reading this thread!

If only it were that easy. It's easy to know what to do, executing day in and day out and having the will power is another story. I know exactly how it works and I'd like my body fat lower!

p.s. Pass me that marshmallow filled long john please.

If only it were that easy. It's easy to know what to do, executing day in and day out and having the will power is another story. I know exactly how it works and I'd like my body fat lower!

I usually hit up McDonalds breakfast after morning cardio. Heard that fats help to stabilize insulin.. so my Sausage Egg McMuffin, and Hashbrown should be pretty healthy.

WTF is a long john?

But so true brother... we all know what to do... then life happens... What we can do is optimize our time and resources and mange our schedules such that we can be consistent day in and day out to the best of our abilities and monitor progress such that we can determine what is and is not effective and make changes as needed. Easy on paper... but when you have a career, relationships with friends, a significant other and family, financial obligations, events and time constraints...it becomes a whole new story.

WTF is a long john?

But so true brother... we all know what to do... then life happens... What we can do is optimize our time and resources and mange our schedules such that we can be consistent day in and day out to the best of our abilities and monitor progress such that we can determine what is and is not effective and make changes as needed. Easy on paper... but when you have a career, relationships with friends, a significant other and family, financial obligations, events and time constraints...it becomes a whole new story.

Oh man, you don't know what a long john donut is! I'm sorry! It's like a long donut, usually filled with cream or marshmallow, and iced with chocolate on top. Think of it like a hot dog bun + sex + magic + dopamine high.

I choose the path of least resistance in this case. I can burn fat all day long spiking my insulin with carbs or leucine and just end up doing MORE work or MORE drugs. I'm all about efficiency. Morning cardio with caffeine and or ephedrine maybe...GH perhaps...get the ffa uses for energy and roll with it for a while. The minute you eat those oats or whatever, you are halting the fat burning process you just revved up. Why not take the 2 extra hrs of fat burning til the next meal?
[lang=vi]This is the first thing that gets me lean quick is doing hard cardio in the am and having no carbs for hours later..just protein and fat like you mentioned. I've never lost muscle from it[/lang]

Oh man, you don't know what a long john donut is! I'm sorry! It's like a long donut, usually filled with cream or marshmallow, and iced with chocolate on top. Think of it like a hot dog bun + sex + magic + dopamine high.

LMAO! Man, someone is hungry hahaha

I'm surprised that even as a fat ass growing up I never heard of one...

Lol

If you're doing the cardio for health or boosting appetite, EAT CARBS POST CARDIO.

If not, and trying to lose maximal fat(like I have already stated).. protein and fat. Or just protein. The fat is for health, satiation, taste etc.

Some people have far too much fear of "losing muscle" .

Its as if you dont have a protein/carb meal for more than 10 hours...BOOM Catabolism son!

LOL

I once did a liquid diet for 5 days straight.....just beef broth, protein powder, and really liquefied coconut oil. I did 1.5 hours of cardio per day .....30 in the AM.....30 during lunch time....and 30 in the evening, for 5 days straight.

Let me re-state that i had not a single carbohydrate in my body...and let me also add I had about 450mg of Tren in my blood.

Never in my life have I lost so much fat and bloat from my midsection.....and not a single ounce of muscle was lost....and I can ALMOST confirm that with the fact that I didnt lose any poundages on any of my lifts.

Was it hard as hell not to consume food for five days? HELL YES....but can it be done and not lose any muscle? HELL YES.

Some people on this board may not believe it....but you can actually fast for an entire 4 days before your body REALLY lowers your metabolism to try and conserve itself (Starvation Mode) .....yes....a FULL four days....

Its as if you dont have a protein/carb meal for more than 10 hours...BOOM Catabolism son!

LOL

I once did a liquid diet for 5 days straight.....just beef broth, protein powder, and really liquefied coconut oil. I did 1.5 hours of cardio per day .....30 in the AM.....30 during lunch time....and 30 in the evening, for 5 days straight.

Let me re-state that i had not a single carbohydrate in my body...and let me also add I had about 450mg of Tren in my blood.

Never in my life have I lost so much fat and bloat from my midsection.....and not a single ounce of muscle was lost....and I can ALMOST confirm that with the fact that I didnt lose any poundages on any of my lifts.

Was it hard as hell not to consume food for five days? HELL YES....but can it be done and not lose any muscle? HELL YES.

Some people on this board may not believe it....but you can actually fast for an entire 4 days before your body REALLY lowers your metabolism to try and conserve itself (Starvation Mode) .....yes....a FULL four days....

And some of you conversely are scared shitless of some glucose or insulin.
Oh yeah I see this is one of those threads now where someone just haassss to be right.
Its funny to me I know a couple guys doing it one way and maybe one doing it the other, the only difference between the two is the carb guys are fuller and a bit bigger.
I dunno maybe its just me and this is supposed to be bodybuilding not just bodystarving.
Of course that is MY opinion and I would never say 'hey there is only one correct method' in bodybuildingt there are no absolutes and anyone who tells you there is, just showed how little they understand about it.
And btw for some of this right now this game doesnt have the benefit of anabolics, they let you do those kind of diets and help keep you anti-catabolic.
Try it without it, tell us the results you get then....not saying I know what they will be, but I bet they'll be different.
Gear makes a big difference in the diet game anyone who denies that is lying to themselves.

Last edited:
Oh yeah I see this is one of those threads now where someone just haassss to be right.
Its funny to me I know a couple guys doing it one way and maybe one doing it the other, the only difference between the two is the carb guys are fuller and a bit bigger.
I dunno maybe its just me and this is supposed to be bodybuilding not just bodystarving.
Of course that is MY opinion and I would never say 'hey there is only one correct method' in bodybuildingt there are no absolutes and anyone who tells you there is, just showed how little they understand about it.
And btw for some of this right now this game doesnt have the benefit of anabolics, they let you do those kind of diets and help keep you anti-catabolic.
Try it without it, tell us the results you get then....not saying I know what they will be, but I bet they'll be different.
Gear makes a big difference in the diet game anyone who denies that is lying to themselves.
Glucose and insulin stop fat burning. PERIOD. No two ways about it.

Oh look another absolute^^^^

They BLUNT it, your body burns fat all the damned time irregardless of glucose and insulin, there are protocols out there using insulin to get into ketosis, you have read these??

Oh Im sure you will have one of your usual know it all answers.

Again, you guys surely think you have it all figured out. Its funny to me that one of the most ripped guys I know (who happens to be a member of this board) has protein carbs before he does cardio...I guess hes just as dumb as I am too.
Again, there is no absolute right way-different people different methods.

If you're not already, you really should be doing diets for people.

If I go more than 3 hours without carbs, all of my muscle melts away. It's a fact.

LOL

Oh look another absolute^^^^

They BLUNT it, your body burns fat all the damned time irregardless of glucose and insulin, there are protocols out there using insulin to get into ketosis, you have read these??

Oh Im sure you will have one of your usual know it all answers.

Again, you guys surely think you have it all figured out. Its funny to me that one of the most ripped guys I know (who happens to be a member of this board) has protein carbs before he does cardio...I guess hes just as dumb as I am too.
Again, there is no absolute right way-different people different methods.
You mean regardless?

Don't come at me with your ignorance. I haven't attacked you at all but look at your post just now. Is it that time of the month?

You cannot burn fat when insulin is present. I'm not going to say it again.. so learn or don't.

Last edited:
If I go more than 3 hours without carbs, all of my muscle melts away. It's a fact.

Haha, it feels that way sometimes doesnt it?

I dunno brother, I must be a fucking retard, Im losing plenty of fat over here...dunno wtf Im doing wrong lol.

Great thread fellas!

Allot better then some lately.

I train and do cardio on empty stomach @ 5:30am (work life balance)

When leaning out....

No aminos or intra for me, just a cup or two of coffee and ECA and or 40mcg clen. (one or the other)

After the gym, I have protein shake that consists of
30g whey
1/4 cup bran
1 TBS of raw organic flax seeds
pinch of cinaminon

Shower, get ready for work then eat.
I eat higher fats, like most here, even when dieting, feel so much better and full and blood work is off the charts, in the right way.

BK
coconut oil with 2 large org eggs and 3 whites.
1/4 - 1/2 cup plain white yogurt
few olives
1 TBS of natty cashew or hazelnut butter

That's all the BK for me.

Seems like allot of folks here have came to a conclusion that X needs to be consumed in X amount of hours.

Not sure how y'all came to this type of science.

This just works for me.

If you're not already, you really should be doing diets for people.
Says the guy who just stated your body burns fat all the time IRREGARDLESS (LOL good english) of glucose and insulin.

Lmao...my man...it was done for FIVE DAYS. NOT 1 month or 2 months or half a year. FIVE DAYS.

Who said I was scared shitless of carbs? LOL

For 95% of the human population....the following is the truth.

1) In the absence of glucose, the body turns to to fat for energy.

2) Can you lose tons of fat on higher carbs? Yes. Is it more optimal than no carbs? NO.

3) The biggest protein synthesis spike comes from a wholesome protein source containing 5 grams of leucine or more combined with a source of carbohydrate. Can you build muscle without carbs? YES. Is it more optimal than protein/carbohydrate combo? NO

As Knight has stated for like the 10th time....CARBOHYDRATES BLUNT FAT LOSS THE MINUTE YOU INGEST THEM. Why would your body burn fat at its most optimal when its too busy processing carbohydrate into the blood stream?

Please understand no one is saying you cant lose fat on carbs....we are simply saying it is NOT AS OPTIMAL!

Jesus Christmas....

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar