advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

After watching Generation Iron today for the umpteenth time I realize....

can't really attribute the future of bodybuilding to one man, its in need of a change from the top of the tree - sponsors and judges and what kind of physique they're rewarding.

marking down pro's for waist protrusion and compromised condition even if they come in big and full.
for years and years we've seen the likes of Dexter and now Wolf being held back at the biggest show despite nailing condition and coming in maybe the most well balanced and aesthetically appealing.
Phil has never nailed condition like he did in his first olympia but still gets 1st.
same happened with Jay in his last years despite the likes of Victor Martinez being better conditioned and better balanced.

if they reward the likes of Dexter, Wolf, Rhoden, Curry etc with higher places then the rest will follow suit and not obsess about the size game but come in better balanced.

also a lot of the world's competitors should be invited to the IFBB shows, they're physiques are exactly what the IFBB should be encouraging imho.

i like Bob Chic's idea of having every bodybuilder needing to re-qualify for the O'... this would put an end to the top 5 just sitting out all year until the big show..

I feel like it would make the Olympia more competitive, and not, as Lee Priest would say, 'everyone showing up except for Mr. Olympia'.

It was a docudrama so they were exaggerating a lot....

Yeah, I think they were trying recreate a modern version of Pumping Iron. Arnold was hamming it up being real cocky in Pumping Iron. With all the "Franco is like a child, and I'm like his father"..... "He come to me for advice, so it's not hard for me to give him da wrong advices."

That was all for the camera, they were best mates.

In this one Health would have played Arnold, Kai played Lou. He might still be a cocky prick, but it would have been creatively edited, they would have told them to make it entertaining.

In Pumping Iron, all that Ken Waller and Mike Katz stuff was manufactured. He never hid his t-shirt, the scene with him throwing the football saying he was going to hide it was filmed after the comp. The producer told him to say it. He was hated for years for it. He used to get boo-ed off the stage.

I like Rhoden but I dont see him winning and O, he is a modern day Shawn Ray in that sense.
AND I agree 100% with being sick of the Phil and Kai show- fuck em both I hope they both place out of the top 5 this year.

I dont understand how people cant see all of Kai's weeknesses......no traps, no triceps, his biceps have a nice peek but arent even close to Phils. He doesnt flow or have symmetry close to the top 5 in the world. Hes just not put together all that well. Hit a most muscular next to Phil, and he honestly looks like an amateur.

Yes hes a great bber worthy of the Arnold titles he has, but he does not have an olympia winning physique and never will.

Should he be beating Dex, Wolf, Rhoden??? I know its debatable but I dont think so

oh by the way, the only current pro that could come close to beating Phil is RAMY. Compton will be close......

I like Rhoden but I dont see him winning and O, he is a modern day Shawn Ray in that sense.

You took the words right out of my mouth...I was going to make the same comparison. There are so many great physiques over the years that were bridesmaids to the Olympia title...Ray, Levrone, Flex, etc...I think Priest had a phenomenal package too. The best Rhoden could ever do is win one like Dexter but that would mean that there was massive failure on the part of Heath, Kai, and perhaps Big Ramy.

Wellll I am not afraid to say i just made a damn fool of myself LOL

Rhoden is 40?!

Holy fucking shit.

I'll blame me not being on the boards for the past nearly 1 year as the reason I didnt know that. lol
Props to you for admitting when you get a bit of egg on your face :D
In my opinion, the next man to be Mr O is already in the IFBB.
Are you sure that isn't too much of a leap???? lol

Are you sure that isn't too much of a leap???? lol

Well I personally don't see Phil as a 8 time Mr O talent like Ronnie or Haney. And while some guys go straight from the amateur ranks to successful pros I don't seem them going from amateur to Mr O winning level that quick.

Wellll I am not afraid to say i just made a damn fool of myself LOL

Rhoden is 40?!

Holy fucking shit.

I'll blame me not being on the boards for the past nearly 1 year as the reason I didnt know that. lol

I still believe he has not begun to tap into his true potential though hahaha
I had no idea either. I thought Rhoden was in his 20's.
I believe those who say Rhoden is fairly new to bodybuilding drugs, so I think he will grow a lot in the next few years. He has a great shot at being Mr. Olympia.

I love Kai's artwork. Would love one of his paintings on my wall.

I guess I am in the minority I really like Phil.
He's a freaky genetic mix - that's the way the best should be.

I seriously cannot believe any bodybuilding fans can't see how fake that movie was. Phil played the bad guy, kai played the hero.

In reality phil worked multiple jobs while going to school meanwhile kai lived in social housing and did gay4pay to pay for his drugs. They didn't show the fact kai lives in a nice house and makes at least 500k a year.

It was a MOVIE. I actually respect phil for letting them portray him less than favorably.

I seriously cannot believe any bodybuilding fans can't see how fake that movie was. Phil played the bad guy, kai played the hero.

In reality phil worked multiple jobs while going to school meanwhile kai lived in social housing and did gay4pay to pay for his drugs. They didn't show the fact kai lives in a nice house and makes at least 500k a year.

It was a MOVIE. I actually respect phil for letting them portray him less than favorably.
The drama is over emphasized but how can you call this fake? This is a documentary which was spiced up and partially guided in very obvious parts but very few as well. Sure as hell not enough to call fake.

Phil is an arrogant asshole. Kai is a strange fellow, who in reality despises Phil for holding down the throne that he devotes every second of every minute of his simple yet so meticulous existence thinking about. Not fake.

Branch lives on a farm and busts his ass. He trains like a maniac. All accurate. Did they stage the fall off the horse?

How about Victor, was his prison term fake?

Or the fact that Ben Pakulski takes on a extremely scientific approach to his training? Fake?

The list goes on and on, but the fakeness in this movie is no more exaggerated than the soap opera approach the IFBB took on Kai and Phil in real life (but I'm pretty confident that stemmed from the existing disrespect Kai originally had for Phil and vice versa). So they're only trying to entertain what was already there

Now there's no debating everyone would put on a little bit of mask if being shown in a movie about our lifestyle, we'd most likely present our version of our perceived best self but I'm holding true to leaving this in the documentary section on Netflix and certainly not sold on the fictitious drama that you're claiming.

Same shit with pumping iron. Exaggerated on some levels (Arnold cumming 24/7) but certainly not fake.

The drama is over emphasized but how can you call this fake? This is a documentary which was spiced up and partially guided in very obvious parts but very few as well. Sure as hell not enough to call fake.

Phil is an arrogant asshole. Kai is a strange fellow, who in reality despises Phil for holding down the throne that he devotes every second of every minute of his simple yet so meticulous existence thinking about. Not fake.

Branch lives on a farm and busts his ass. He trains like a maniac. All accurate. Did they stage the fall off the horse?

How about Victor, was his prison term fake?

Or the fact that Ben Pakulski takes on a extremely scientific approach to his training? Fake?

The list goes on and on, but the fakeness in this movie is no more exaggerated than the soap opera approach the IFBB took on Kai and Phil in real life (but I'm pretty confident that stemmed from the existing disrespect Kai originally had for Phil and vice versa). So they're only trying to entertain what was already there

Now there's no debating everyone would put on a little bit of mask if being shown in a movie about our lifestyle, we'd most likely present our version of our perceived best self but I'm holding true to leaving this in the documentary section on Netflix and certainly not sold on the fictitious drama that you're claiming.

Same shit with pumping iron. Exaggerated on some levels (Arnold cumming 24/7) but certainly not fake.
Let me guess you think Pakulski actually trains in a science lab...

LOL! You mean he doesn't!? With those two weasels yelling at him in their lab coats! Would love to see Branch Warren in lab with those guys! That lab is real similar to metroflex...

Well yeah, in a giant sized mouse container with all the essentials!

Dude this isn't a tough concept. Ben probably goes on once a month. Taking a hybrid approach of realistic bodybuilding realities along with scientific methods and working with a training facility based on known science techniques like monitoring heart rate, muscle fatigue, etc etc based on finding the most efficient and effective ways to grow muscle while also monitoring his health knowing his aas use and helping to find out the correlations that are real or simplly bro science.

It's like doctor checkups except it's way cooler with your goal of being a pro bodybuilder as top priority.

This isn't fantasy land bro, this shit is real, I have no idea what is hard to believe about this.

It's not "hard to believe", it's a movie and plenty of shit in there was put in there. Do you think Phil jogs up mountains for cardio? And goes to train after pre judging before the night show?

You seem very passionate about this so I don't really want to argue haha but the movie was pretty far out from reality. And not because I dont "believe" it's because I know

I guess I am in the minority I really like Phil.
He's a freaky genetic mix - that's the way the best should be.
I thought Phil had the most amazing physique to date, until Rhoden made his appearance and dominance apparent.

Phil deserves to be the king, I just can't stand his way of presenting himself as this all knowing big headed asshole. My personal turning point on Phil was the way he responded to Kai during the pre Olympia meeting. No class at all. It made bodybuilding really look sleazy, and the exact reason why is not taken seriously.

The faces of each other sport, the most elite superstars, would never act the way those two clowns did

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws