over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

after work out

jheff118

Newbies
should i take cold showers or hot showers after work outs i have heard it cuts down on lactic acid build up? and should i drink a protein shake while at the gym if so what does it do all around? 100% newb.

i like to take a shit before my shower

just sayin

:cool:

should i take cold showers or hot showers after work outs i have heard it cuts down on lactic acid build up? and should i drink a protein shake while at the gym if so what does it do all around? 100% newb.

A protein shake here and there throughout the day is a good thing. Mind you nothing beats eating real food first. But it can give you those extra protein grams you're looking for. You'll find some say to have a protein shake about 45 mins before gym time. And you'll find others that say and hour to hour and a half before gym time. But "most" will agree a protein shake within 30 minutes of a good workout is a great place to start. And another one before bedtime. Again, you'll have to play around with what works best for you. Especially if you're not competing and such. Then you don't need all the technicall stuff that goes with that.

If you're just working out to stay fit. Then keep in mind 1gram of protein per body weight(pounds) is enough to sit on a couch all day. But if you're into working out then you'll need at least 1.5grams of protein per weight(pounds). Example 1.5 grams of protein X 175 pounds(body weight)= 262 grams of protein needed per day. How you get the protein into your system is up to you. Meaning food or shakes. But always try first to make up as much of your protein needs by way of food. Then shakes if you feel you didnt meet your needs for the day.

As for showers, the one thing that I have found that really helps me is some Glutamine powder. First thing in the AM and just after dinner. Really cuts down on the cramping and aches. Hot shower or cold shower is up to you. Try cold one week, and hot the next week and see which helps you more.

Hope this helps a bit.

No problem. We all started at the bottom at one time. :D

p.s. :welcome: Aboard.

true story!!! and thanks i just started gettin really serious about workin out ive already lost alot of body fat and plan gettin alot bigger! ;)

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131