advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

After years of staying on, what do u guys think about building tolerances to aas?

On-topic: I agree with most of what has already been said but I can't help but to notice some kind of tolerance eventually builds up.

I have no idea how or why this is but I did notice it.

I believe you can still get big muscles in your 70’s and 80’s using steroids. But I do not believe an 85 year old man get get as big as he was during his 20’s and 30’s using the same amount of steroids. I believe if you workout and use steroids your entire life—and then stop for a while like the older pro bodybuilders you mentioned did—muscle memory comes into play. But when they get older, no amount of drugs will bring them back to the peak they reached in their youth because our bodies lose type-2 muscle fibers as we age. One day we might figure out a way to stop this from occurring. Either way, we can still look amazing in our old age with what we have available now.

On-topic: I agree with most of what has already been said but I can't help but to notice some kind of tolerance eventually builds up.

I have no idea how or why this is but I did notice it.
It’s not just a tolerance to anabolics. I’ve also noticed our bodies build up a tolerance to training as well. There seems to be a point of diminishing returns for both anabolics and weight training.

It’s not just a tolerance to anabolics. I’ve also noticed our bodies build up a tolerance to training as well. There seems to be a point of diminishing returns for both anabolics and weight training.
Exactly! I get just a fraction of the returns from aas and training that I once did. But After 35 years training and 20 plus years of steroids there are no longer any huge jumps in strength or size for me. No matter how much food I eat protein I consume or hormones I abuse. Partially because I don’t push the poundage in the gym I did when I was young but more so I believe our bodies just actually build up tolerances to both or just get sick of us abusing them and they sabotage us in efforts to save our lives lol

Exactly! I get just a fraction of the returns from aas and training that I once did. But After 35 years training and 20 plus years of steroids there are no longer any huge jumps in strength or size for me. No matter how much food I eat protein I consume or hormones I abuse. Partially because I don’t push the poundage in the gym I did when I was young but more so I believe our bodies just actually build up tolerances to both or just get sick of us abusing them and they sabotage us in efforts to save our lives lol
In some ways, you could compare muscle growth to height. You don’t see anyone 20 feet tall walking around. The body has a cut off point during its growing phase which doesn’t allow us to keep growing.

In some ways, you could compare muscle growth to height. You don’t see anyone 20 feet tall walking around. The body has a cut off point during its growing phase which doesn’t allow us to keep growing.

Not to be a dick, that's a terrible analogy.

There aren't supplements you can take to make you grow in height...There are supplements that can you make get bigger, faster, stronger...

Not to be a dick, that's a terrible analogy.

There aren't supplements you can take to make you grow in height...There are supplements that can you make get bigger, faster, stronger...
Let me try and clarify myself. During your early “growing years” as a youth you eventually reach a certain height that you won’t surpass due to genetic limitations. Same goes for weight training and supplements—during your early “growing years” when you begin using anabolics and lifting weights you reach a certain degree of muscular development that you eventually won’t surpass due to genetic limitations. Both may change in the future due to the advances in science.

A given dose of training, food and AS etc. can give X amount of gains. If you want X+ a variable will need to be changed so that compensation can occur.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131