over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

age and training

powerphil

Registered
Newbies
im almost 37 years old. been lifting since teenager. I definitely wear more shit now during liftin now, like wrist wraps, knee sleeves, tendon strap things, and shit like that. but I've also never seriously injured myself, so ill take it. I don't lift like a pussy either I've just never over did, I listen to my body.

im almost 37 years old. been lifting since teenager. I definitely wear more shit now during liftin now, like wrist wraps, knee sleeves, tendon strap things, and shit like that. but I've also never seriously injured myself, so ill take it. I don't lift like a pussy either I've just never over did, I listen to my body.
Give it some time. It was around the age of 50 that my body starting falling apart. I have to train differently now then when I was in my 30’s. You’ll see when you get there. No one is invisible to the effects of years of heavy training.

59 here, over the last 2 years I've had to reduce volume. Kept going down with various bugs etc. Reduction in volume and sadly removal of Squats and deads has done me the power of good. Getting gains and staying well. Its just a fact of life assisted or not

59 here, over the last 2 years I've had to reduce volume. Kept going down with various bugs etc. Reduction in volume and sadly removal of Squats and deads has done me the power of good. Getting gains and staying well. Its just a fact of life assisted or not
Father Time is undefeated. I lift with a guy who's 58. he aint the beast he used to be, but in 2020 I got him on trt and he improved. we still hit it hard

In 2002 I could bench 450 at the age of 43...at 50 I was down to 350...at 55 I was down to 335...at 59 I was down to 315...last summer at 63 I was down to 275...I had a quadruple heart bypass in September... currently I benched 155 for 3x3 last Saturday...getting old stinks...

Give it some time. It was around the age of 50 that my body starting falling apart. I have to train differently now then when I was in my 30’s. You’ll see when you get there. No one is invisible to the effects of years of heavy training.
This. Powerlifted into my early 40s. Then torn bi, tri and pec. All surgically repaired. Mid 40s 3 hernias repaired. Halloween this past year hip replaced. Father Time is cruel and undefeated. With that said I still train hard but smarter. I’ll be 54 in a couple of weeks

I'll be 54 next month. I've had 6 spine surgeries but I have Ankylosing Spondylitis which is partly responsible. Like you said, Father Time is undefeated! I just want to be able to keep lifting long into my golden years...actually, until my time is up. Like Dave was saying, the weights start creeping in the wrong direction..LOL! The biggest thing is to enjoy all of this along the way because it goes quick.

Over 40 same here elbow sleeves and wrist wraps oddly I’ve never wrapped my knees and I lift pretty fucking heavy and on the high rep side mostly. I also think having used stuff like fish oil and daily C since like day one of getting in the gym life helped with the seat and tear

The OP is lucky or knows what he is doing. Everyone i know that has spent 10 years pushing numbers higher has injuries. And 20 year even more. Doing 1.5X+ bodyweight benches 2x+ body weight squats etc. regularly for reps seems to catch up with most people.

The OP is lucky or knows what he is doing. Everyone i know that has spent 10 years pushing numbers higher has injuries. And 20 year even more. Doing 1.5X+ bodyweight benches 2x+ body weight squats etc. regularly for reps seems to catch up with most people.

I’m 37. Tackle football from 4th grade till i was 23yrs old. Then 6 years competitive BJJ MMA.

I sound like I’m making popcorn in the morning walking to the bathroom to pee. Everything hurts a little.

And I still do dumb shit in the gym just to see if I still can. Tuesday, I did the old German Volume 10x10 on back squat with 225lbs. I still can’t walk right.

Getting old is bullshit

I’m 37. Tackle football from 4th grade till i was 23yrs old. Then 6 years competitive BJJ MMA.

I sound like I’m making popcorn in the morning walking to the bathroom to pee. Everything hurts a little.

And I still do dumb shit in the gym just to see if I still can. Tuesday, I did the old German Volume 10x10 on back squat with 225lbs. I still can’t walk right.

Getting old is bullshit
Getting old is part of life wait till you are really old. I have only been working out for 50 years. A paraplegic friend of mine years ago told me you have to be tough to grow old. I didn't argure the point with him.

Getting old is bullshit
But man GVT is the fucking shit though that’s a hard thing to quit forever and I’m older than you.

At 43 I have my share of wear and tear but still train as hard as my body will allow. I just started using straps because of some left arm nerve issues that effect my grip strength when I deadlift. I probably should have started using then in my 30's. It took me a long time to overcome the mental block of feeling like I'm not lifting the weight (I still won't allow myself to consider any of my lifts with them pr's).

Hoping I have another 43 years under the bar.

Straps are important bc you’re gonna get stronger as grip is always the limiting factor and as you see help keep your hands from going to shit. I can rep DL 600 still but I have small hands and for 12-16 rep sets I cap at 315 or so bc I just can’t hold the bar but DLs for me are about back. My back is what I care about. You’re good bro I’m just a lil older than you

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws